Rumor: Britney memoir coming by the end of summer & ending RCA contract to go independent

Cqleb

Ending RCA contract *to retire for good. 

Also even if she did want to tour again, the cost to put all that stuff in motion, even at a piece of me level scale (not huge) would cost her entire alleged net worth. I’m really not educated about the costs and all that but it seems like common sense to me. 

however, to just record music and not tour or promote, independent can be an AMAZING option. No rules. She’s in control. This is something I can see in the future. But it’s really important that “things” settle. The pot is boiling over at the moment and media need to leave her alone. All this ****ery will drive any human to the point of crazy. And I don’t want that for her. She can’t drive, go to a restaurant, anything without a stink being made. We have time warped right back to 2007 in terms of treatment of her. 

anyway…. IMO independent = good for music but bad for anything aside from that, including music videos, though those wouldn’t be impacted nearly as dreadfully as touring. Which again, shell probably never do again. But Britney is a wild card. What she is 100% opposed to today she could be for tomorrow. Like having tattoos, then condemning them and regretting them last year, then getting another. Which I’m not convinced yet was permanent. 

Edited by halfdressed
  • Love 6
  • Like 1

RCA are awful as we all know. HOWEVER, Independant isn't all that. Like others have alluded to a bad record company is still better than none. RCA brought the mess of Britney Jean but also Glory and my fave of the 10s Femme Fatale. Brit didn't flop until 2013. Industry ageism + Vegas legacy act & Brit's cship and zero promo hasn't helped her career in the last decade. If she does keep doing music I hope she'll write and work with good people. She could even copy others and sell her back catalogue for a hugh cash boost.

• Like 1

I would absolutely love for Britney to go independent. I might be wrong here, but based on her many captions on Insta, it seems to me she does love the process of creating music but she hates Hollywood and all the spectacle around it, so going independent would give her all the creative freedom she wants without obligations mandated by a label. I think she’s content making music for the people that want to listen to what she has to say… I don’t think she’s after charts.

• Love 5
  • Like 4

If Britney is going independent, I think it will be a good thing 😊. It would be nice to hear her experiment with different sounds and genres.

Idk if I would be ready for the meltdown threads. You know Britney would troll fans hard, saying a song will be released at 10 am (for example) and it gets released at 6:31 pm. The cover would be this:

s reactions share GIF

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, RussianFan said:

Go independent means having her own label therefore her own business strategy and staff like that. Almost no artist who have have gone independent are relevant now.

But not all artists who have gone independent are Britney Spears.

She's still such a legendary hot topic every single day without doing any real work in the industry in years (not including HMC because besides the recording itself she didn't do any work for it). It won't matter if she's independent or not, everyone wants to see her return to music 

I think what would be easy once she get out of rca ( I hope she does, since she was technically transferred over to rca like a lotta artist who were under Sony labels that were closing like jive, j records. It will feel like a fresh start)

She can go independent and have her own label/imprint that she own but still have a partnership with a major label

A lot artist who have been in industry have done this where they own their own imprint/label where they have complete creative control of there project in terms of productions, budgets, team etc and the major label just help push it on mainstream platforms that don't really push independent artist as much artist who are major label.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block