Rumor: Britney memoir coming by the end of summer & ending RCA contract to go independent

Cqleb

The only way the contract with RCA will end is once she's fulfilled all of her obligation's album wise.

If she still owes them albums this won't happen, just like Meg The Stallion had to keep putting out albums to fulfill her deal to get out.

I don't believe Britney would go independent that takes ALOT of work being an independent artist. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Style. said:

Why should she go to Interscope or Columbia? Aren’t y’all tired of dictating Britney’s choices? If she wants to go independent, I would be content with her decision. After all she had been through, she deserves to DO whatever the **** she wants… 

It’s called having an opinion, something most humans have. Bore off :jamie_lynn_grape:

• Like 2

Why so many comments saying “if she goes independent she won’t be relevant etc.” 

have we not learned anything? Like that maybe she doesn’t care about relevance??!!! 

maybe she just wants to create for herself and her fans…. And independent would be an amazing route. And after everything she’s been through we should be extremely grateful if she decides to do that. 

geez rant over 

• Love 6

Columbia or Universal.

Don't know about Britney going independent. She's in a position where she can ask the big bucks, and she won't get that firsthand as an independent artist (meaning she won't get the lumpsum that is payable when she reaches production milestones). 

Hmmmm.... Britney is also at a level where she can request complete creative freedom and she'd still get paid big bucks for it, so I doubt she'd choose going independent or she'd be advised to go independent, over anything else. However, I can see her licensing her productions and building her own production company, à la Beyoncé and Madonna. 

Edited by amiro1989

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block