People are fighting over the word Obese again. Is it a slur or not?

1 hour ago, Neydelinska Spearsi said:

I'm just trying to keep exhell alive :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad: And no, the guy in the video isn't me.

I knoooooooooow and I'm greatful, the brain cells line was for dumb people claiming that the word "obese" is a slur. You never know who's lurking, right. haha, nvm I just felt like you felt like something in that was against you but no, you're my hateful bestie :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: and nvm maybe one day you'll reveal yourself :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Midnights said:

I honestly can't with the woke people. It has come this far we can't call things as what they are.

Gay is also being used as a slur, yet NOBODY makes a point of it. It isn't the word that's the problem, it's those people that use it to hurt people what the problem really is.

Making of choosing a different word to call something doesn't change A SINGLE THING, they eventually use that word as a slur too.

So instead of people getting angry about a word, they should get angry about how certain humans get raisef by their folks.

eww are you a GAY? thats too obese.

Edited by leviathan
  • Haha 3
8 hours ago, PinkBarbie said:

Nowadays people are so sensetive, no it's not ok to be "obese", the word means being unhealthily overweight

Sad how they encourage being unhealthy

you are 100% right, but honestly i don't really care about people's health, they should; not me.

with that said, if you're obese, don't be mad at me cause i don't want to **** you.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
On 1/10/2023 at 2:35 PM, Neydelinska Spearsi said:

Twitter erupts over claim the word ‘obese’ is a slur ‘used to dehumanize us and harass us’

A "vegan leftist" faced backlash earlier this week after she tweeted the term "obese" is a dehumanizing "slur."

Twitter user @hutchleah posted her thoughts on the offensive nature of the term "obese" to Twitter Monday, claiming it was "a slur … used to dehumanize us and harass us."

Many reminded the user that "obese" is actually a technical term denoting someone with a high body fat content. 

By Friday afternoon her tweet had been viewed over 2.4 million times and had received thousands of comments and retweets. 

The tweet even received an official community-based fact check from Twitter that cited relevant information from the World Health Organization. It stated, "Obese is a technical term. According to the WHO, ‘Overweight and obesity are defined as abnormal or excessive fat accumulation that presents a risk to health. A body mass index (BMI) over 25 is considered overweight, and over 30 is obese.’"

ARTICLE:

Obese-Man.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Twitter users slammed an account for tweeting that the term "obese" is a dehumanizing "slur" against fat people that should no longer be used.

People in America are crazy.  I hope that the fashion where everyone sees everything as racist, offensive, etc. does not reach Europe.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, BananaBoy98 said:

People in America are crazy.  I hope that the fashion where everyone sees everything as racist, offensive, etc. does not reach Europe.

It has flooded the Europe but mostly kids. From declaring they are non binary to everything  else. Hopefully, I never see older generations dragged into this.

Edited by Neydelinska Spearsi

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block