More than 300 outtakes from Britney's David LaChapelle shoot (2016)

CJMCH

14 hours ago, RBFLOVESBRITNEY said:

She looks amazing. But what is the concept? lol

Britney Spears What GIF

Car wrecks = warning sign to pay attention

Chains = slavery, imprisonment

Ear prop = bugged home

Golden outfit = golden prison

Broken glass = broken promises, broken dreams 

Desert = loneliness, obstacles, exposure

The whole shoot and music video was about the cship and this is why everything got scrapped ! Britney wanted to expose her situation through art. (Even that she wasn't allowed..) :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

Edited by Louis-j
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

I haven't found the giant ear in any of LaChapelle's other work but I bet it's been used before as well. 

The "Make Me" LaChapelle video has so much interesting imagery. Like this sign on the front door of the house Britney enters.

spacer.png

https://www.roofcrashersandhemgrabbers.com/ is a real website but I haven't been able to figure out why it was included. It might be nothing - this was obviously an unfinished video. But maybe it's a clue to something? I don't know!! A mystery for the ages. 

I did a thread a few years ago where I gave my analysis. This paired with the meaning of the other artwork used in the photoshoot/video (the consumerism/apocalypse stuff) suggests to me Britney is trapped in some type of consumerist hell where she is the main product on display and she’s trapped. It’s quite ingenious, especially the execution. It’s a shame these photos weren’t released properly and the way they were really took out all the context. These photos could pass for artwork if they weren’t for an album. The fact it’s Britney Spears as the model is actually quite fun as I think she is the perfect model for a “manufactured pop star” if ya get what I’m saying? 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

I did a thread a few years ago where I gave my analysis. This paired with the meaning of the other artwork used in the photoshoot/video (the consumerism/apocalypse stuff) suggests to me Britney is trapped in some type of consumerist hell where she is the main product on display and she’s trapped. It’s quite ingenious, especially the execution. It’s a shame these photos weren’t released properly and the way they were really took out all the context. These photos could pass for artwork if they weren’t for an album. The fact it’s Britney Spears as the model is actually quite fun as I think she is the perfect model for a “manufactured pop star” if ya get what I’m saying? 

OMG. 

"As the two drive through the desert and into the suburbs, Hans Zimmer’s score “Remember” from The Lion King plays. While many assume this to just be placeholder music (considering this video is an unfinished rough cut), I wouldn’t doubt if the choice for this score was entirely intentional. For those who haven’t seen The Lion King or for those who simply need a refresher, during the “Remember” scene Simba is visited by his father’s apparition, who urges him to remember his roots and take back his kingdom that has since been taken over by his cruel uncle and his vicious army of hyenas. In this video, is it possible that Britney is ready to take back something that was taken from her?"

It absolutely feels like a statement of power!

"Britney and her beau arrive at her home which has an eviction posted on the front door, reading, “The tenants Adam and Eve have been found in violation of Eden Resident Conduct Statue. 1.16 and are hereby ordered to vacate the premises immediately. Failure to complete may result in civil penalties up to and including death by flaming sword.” I find this part of the video significant because Eve committed sin and now has to give up her paradise life in the Garden of Eden. When the video first leaked, many, myself included, assumed Britney and her beau ignore the posted message and retire into the house. With new context given to the video through a leaked photo, it is now apparent that the house is Britney’s punishment and the outside world is her own paradise. What was once her own paradise, a place where she can go to enjoy her own privacy and retire from show business is now her very prison. The eviction notice is pasted on her front door, serving as a constant reminder that she is being punished. For those unaware of which leaked photo I’m talking about, it is this one which shows Britney is chained to a house. I assume this picture to be a still from a missing scene from David LaChapelle’s cut of the music video, which has ironically since become the Glory album cover which conveniently removes an otherwise very strong message."

June 3rd, 2016: https://popcrush.com/britney-spears-make-me-oooh-video-david-lachapelle-what-we-know-so-far/

Some of the leaked photos have timestamps from when they were taken.

-->CreateDate2016-06-13 12:28:01 +0000

-->CreateDate2016-06-13 14:19:16 +0000

This might be a really stupid question, but I don't know much about the music video production process.  The photos of Britney with the mirror platform & cardboard crashed cars: this feels very much like a fine-art photography set.  Do you think this was part of the "Make Me" video? Or separate promotion from the video; possibly cover art for the single? 

• Love 2

I doubt Britney didn't have a huge hand in all of this imagery, this is just like the HIAM video, where Jonas Akerslund said she had A LOT to say through the visuals

It's such a shame it has been scrapped

This is a major artistic masterpiece that only Britney and David could give us

Edited by Applejack
On 12/25/2022 at 11:06 AM, Louis-j said:

Car wrecks = warning sign to pay attention

Chains = slavery, imprisonment

Ear prop = bugged home

Golden outfit = golden prison

Broken glass = broken promises, broken dreams 

Desert = loneliness, obstacles, exposure

The whole shoot and music video was about the cship and this is why everything got scrapped ! Britney wanted to expose her situation through art. (Even that she wasn't allowed..) :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

dr seuss book GIF

….yeh. That checks. 

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block