More than 300 outtakes from Britney's David LaChapelle shoot (2016)

CJMCH

24 minutes ago, RBFLOVESBRITNEY said:

She looks amazing. But what is the concept? lol

Britney Spears What GIF

Ooh, I looked into this. 

David LaChapelle recycled some of his props from previous photos.  The car images are from "The Crash" (2008).

spacer.png

WWW.DAVIDLACHAPELLE.COM

Official website of the artist David LaChapelle's exhibitions. Retrospective, Monnaie De Paris, 2009

"In the main room stands a fantastical pop-up mural showing LaChapelle's own version of apocalypse: consumers laid out nude and clearly in anguish, exotic luxury products and humping golden pigs. Walking us through the exhibition, LaChapelle describes the new work, Decadence: The insufficiency of All Things Attainable (2008), as "anti-commodity art". He nods towards another series, The Crash (2008), four super-sized photographs, each printed on mounted cardboard. They display damaged American cars stacked on top of each other, each with a similar title: Enhanced Performance; Intelligent Decadence; Boundless Freedom; Luxurious Power. His latest work, he says, is "inspired by the idea of negative money. I'm taking this as a chance and an opportunity to say something."

The mirror platform was used in this photo: 

Called "The fall of an Ancient City" when posted on instagram but originally titled, "Pink Anarchy" and was part of this Couture Consumption series.

https://www.davidlachapelle.com/series-couture-consumption

I see the continuation of "anti-commodity art". I think?

• Love 3
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

Ooh, I looked into this. 

David LaChapelle recycled some of his props from previous photos.  The car images are from "The Crash" (2008).

spacer.png

WWW.DAVIDLACHAPELLE.COM

Official website of the artist David LaChapelle's exhibitions. Retrospective, Monnaie De Paris, 2009

"In the main room stands a fantastical pop-up mural showing LaChapelle's own version of apocalypse: consumers laid out nude and clearly in anguish, exotic luxury products and humping golden pigs. Walking us through the exhibition, LaChapelle describes the new work, Decadence: The insufficiency of All Things Attainable (2008), as "anti-commodity art". He nods towards another series, The Crash (2008), four super-sized photographs, each printed on mounted cardboard. They display damaged American cars stacked on top of each other, each with a similar title: Enhanced Performance; Intelligent Decadence; Boundless Freedom; Luxurious Power. His latest work, he says, is "inspired by the idea of negative money. I'm taking this as a chance and an opportunity to say something."

The mirror platform was used in this photo: 

Called "The fall of an Ancient City" when posted on instagram but originally titled, "Pink Anarchy" and was part of this Couture Consumption series.

https://www.davidlachapelle.com/series-couture-consumption

I see the continuation of "anti-commodity art". I think?

This is amazing thank you!!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block