idk if im still a fan...

Sooooo...if you're done then just leave? Like you stated you were basically only here for her high points in her career, but don't really care for her when she is at a low point in her life. Like ok, that's all good and fine but a lot of us here are Stans of Britney the person, not just Britney the artist. We may not agree with how she is dealing with her trauma, but it's how she feels she wants to express it. Quit stirring up drama and just live your life.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, HIM said:

I can’t believe Britney is not taking out her frustrations by creating music. Was she never that into it? Why not go off and write songs in a cabin for a month so she can vent and get over her anger. No, she chooses to remain in the same routine she has been in for years and picks a fight with everybody. 

I’m so turned off by her rudeness too. Her nudity pictures were cute at first but she’s posting so much of it like if she’s single and trying to thirst trap men but she’s married?! How can a married man be okay with that? It’s all just so bizarre! 

Ew ***** wtf???? U ok

• Love 2
16 hours ago, easy said:

i think it's perfectly fine to move on from things that no longer serve you. it's healthy for you, than sticking around and getting angry/upset everytime she does something you don't like and bashing her for it. 

yeh. i mean you dont have to 'move on'. For me, i will ALWAYS be a Britney fan and will always love her music and i get times where i feel like listening to her music. But i am also a fan of other artists who still release new music. i love Taylor Swift, Olly Murs, Steps, im a massive Pink fan and shes releasing a new album in February which i know for a few months after it ill be playing her new album a lot because its new and fresh. it doesnt mean i dont still love Britney, its just Britneys last album is 7 years old next year and ive heard it a lot now whereas pink's new album will be  fresh to my ears so ill naturally wanna listen to her over Britney. But ill always be a Britney fan and love her music. i mean, heck, the Spice Girls hasnt released a new album in 22 years now and they still have loads of fans and packed out UK stadiums in 2019 and i was one of them in the Murrayfield Stadium and still a massive spice girls fan lol   

6 hours ago, MAG said:

Sooooo...if you're done then just leave? Like you stated you were basically only here for her high points in her career, but don't really care for her when she is at a low point in her life. Like ok, that's all good and fine but a lot of us here are Stans of Britney the person, not just Britney the artist. We may not agree with how she is dealing with her trauma, but it's how she feels she wants to express it. Quit stirring up drama and just live your life.

This!!! I love how some people act like they are forced to be a Britney fan. 😂😂😂

• Love 1
21 hours ago, GarrettJames said:

Idk if i like being a britney fan anymore :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: i say that because of the nude photos and the spinning videos. Yes i fell in love with britney the popstar but these days i think i only like her songs like britney the person i am wanting to distance from for example a concerned employee at jack in the box told her its gonna be ok cause she was crying in her car she told him to **** off on instagram thats completely rude of her. It's like the britney we knew in 1998 to now is a different woman from all the trauma. shes bitter and angry now. i have my own problems and seeing britney constantly bash people is kinda much at first it was fine but a year later its still "kiss my ***" and "burn in hell" or "**** off" too much negativity. people here are gonna say "well she was abused for 13 years" etc but as a fan i am starting to not like her anymore which is sad cause id never thought id fall out of love for my idol of 17 years.

I have been losing interest of Britney since the release of Britney Jean. So this year make me question why are still fans 

I have been feeling the same way. I started stanning when BOMT came out. I loved her music and adored how sweet and humble she was. Later we got to see a silly and fun side, but always very kind to everyone. She never stooped to a Christina level even when being bashed in the press by her, and shaded by her other peers. She always kept it classy and was above it all and I loved that about her. Mary J saying she would go further than Christina because she knows how to treat people. p!nk saying she is an absolute sweetheart who deserves nothing but the best etc. she had a reputation for her kindness. I haven’t seen that girl in a long time. She is a completely different person now, which is understandable considering what she has been through… but she is so angry and rude these days. I’ve never liked Christina, Madonna, Mariah, JLo etc because of how rude they are. 2007 was rough, but we had the illusion of a calm after the storm. Finding out that the ‘comeback’ was all a lie in a way makes it so much worse. I know that kind Britney is somewhere deep down under the trauma tho, so I don’t think I could ever completely leave. I give her more leeway because I know she didn’t ask for this to be how things turned out for her. Other people did this to her. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, MikeSim said:

I have been feeling the same way. I started stanning when BOMT came out. I loved her music and adored how sweet and humble she was. Later we got to see a silly and fun side, but always very kind to everyone. She never stooped to a Christina level even when being bashed in the press by her, and shaded by her other peers. She always kept it classy and was above it all and I loved that about her. Mary J saying she would go further than Christina because she knows how to treat people. p!nk saying she is an absolute sweetheart who deserves nothing but the best etc. she had a reputation for her kindness. I haven’t seen that girl in a long time. She is a completely different person now, which is understandable considering what she has been through… but she is so angry and rude these days. I’ve never liked Christina, Madonna, Mariah, JLo etc because of how rude they are. 2007 was rough, but we had the illusion of a calm after the storm. Finding out that the ‘comeback’ was all a lie in a way makes it so much worse. I know that kind Britney is somewhere deep down under the trauma tho, so I don’t think I could ever completely leave. I give her more leeway because I know she didn’t ask for this to be how things turned out for her. Other people did this to her. 

Christina,  I get. 

But I didn't know  being unfiltered and saying the truth was rude. 

21 hours ago, HIM said:

I can’t believe Britney is not taking out her frustrations by creating music. Was she never that into it? Why not go off and write songs in a cabin for a month so she can vent and get over her anger. No, she chooses to remain in the same routine she has been in for years and picks a fight with everybody. 

I’m so turned off by her rudeness too. Her nudity pictures were cute at first but she’s posting so much of it like if she’s single and trying to thirst trap men but she’s married?! How can a married man be okay with that? It’s all just so bizarre! 

This. I’ve even said it before. I think it would truly benefit her to throw herself into music and dance….help her heal through the arts. 

We fans have been through the wringer and need time to adjust with this new Britney. She didn’t come out unscathed. I could never not be a fan regardless if I agree with her or not. I’ve been through my share of trauma and still have ptsd so I try to empathize when she acts out because I still do to. 

❤️ you Brinni 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, HIM said:

All her negative, pent-up feelings were expressed in a song a long time ago. It's called "Chillin' With You."

• Haha 1

These responses are heartbreaking. What we're witnessing is someone healing from trauma. Psychological healing–similar to physical healing–isn't pretty. It's a layered process of emotion with trauma responses (flight, fight, freeze, and fawn). Britney's showing signs of a fight trauma response: anger outburst, controlling, explosive behavior, irritability, judgment, slamming doors, etc. Give the girl a break and put yourself in her shoes. 

For example, a lot of the world (especially in the U.S.) was incapable of handling a year in quarantine. I doubt any of us would be acting grateful, patient, selfless, and understanding, let alone "looking pretty," if we added on an additional 13 years and were treated like a child by an abusive father. She's a tower of strength. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block