Britney Spears does not want you to feel pity for her

Style.

allll of this! and just because we perceive an interaction as someone showing her empathy does not mean that's the way britney perceived it. and at the end of the day britney's feelings about britney's life are the only ones that matter. we can validate her without agreeing or shaming her. the "she's needs help! she's unwell! she's so mean and rude!" comments are doing more harm than good. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Antidote said:

Yeah, but that doesn't justify her aggressiveness and rude words with a jack in box employee who was just being a gentle human being.

Everyone agrees he had good intentions. 

But as someone who works in customer service, I would never bring attention to the fact someone may have been crying unless they were in distress and needed assistance. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 4
  • Like 2

Honestly it saddens me to see the only 4 people defending Britney Spears on here. Clearly we should form a legion named ‘DefendingBritneySpears@easy @blackingouthenegativity @GlitterRain @KrisJ :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like we’re being delusional over her actions but it’s just a thing of nuance when things like this happens. This customer intentions were NOT in the right either! 

• Love 5
Just now, Style. said:

Honestly it saddens me to see the only 4 people defending Britney Spears on here. Clearly we should form a legion named ‘DefendingBritneySpears@easy @blackingouthenegativity @GlitterRain @KrisJ :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like we’re being delusional over her actions but it’s just a thing of nuance when things like this happens. This customer intentions were NOT in the right either! 

Exactly, there is nuance to the situation. But lately if you defend Britney on her own fansite and explain her behavior based on her IG posts, basic human psychology and personal experience with trauma, everyone is quick to call me an enabler. 

Two things can be true at the same time: it wasn't the best reaction from Britney, but there is no need to viciously attack her and hit her over the head when all she is doing is getting out there and living her life again. But these people have their own timeline for how they think a victim of trafficking by her own family/team of lawyers and managers should heal after 15 years.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
8 minutes ago, Style. said:

It’s not making excuses for her. It’s literally having empathy and compassion towards a person who had over 13 years of their life taken from them and was trafficked. She has a lot of healing to do and it’s nobody’s place to judge her for feeling how she feels due to her traumas. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Preach, king! Pin this thread to the top of Exhale.

I’m so tired of “Britney’s unwell” and “She needs help.” She’s an adult woman who is making her own decisions. Just because it’s not what you like and what you deem is appropriate does not mean you have any right to assess her well-being, her mental state, intervene in her life, or tell her what to do. She’s not your Barbie doll popstar to play with and care for. Take your patronizing “concern” and shove it. :sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

britney-spears-middle.gif

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, Style. said:

it's truly baffling to me how people can claim to be fans of britney, yet they're the first ones to be overly critical of her to the point where they are defending a total stranger rather than showing her the empathy they say this man showed her 😵💫

imo it boils down to people not being able to understand her deep rooted trauma, and feeling uncomfortable with how she's healing and choosing to share the journey good bad and ugly with us. we're LUCKY to be able to see all parts of it, and not just the shiny happy side that most people show. britney is REAL and that's always been her charm. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Preach, king! Pin this thread to the top of Exhale.

I’m so tired of “Britney’s unwell” and “She needs help.” She’s an adult woman who is making her own decisions. Just because it’s not what you like and what you deem is appropriate does not mean you have any right to assess her well-being, her mental state, intervene in her life, or tell her what to do. She’s not your Barbie doll popstar to play with and care for. Take your patronizing “concern” and shove it. :sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

britney-spears-middle.gif

That’s why we bonded since 2016 and no matter the circumstances, we shared similar beliefs regarding Britney Spears. I appreciate this reaction coming from a fellow king! I agree and at the end of the day, why do we act surprised about the general public bashing her when we do the same thing? Make it make sense. 

I’ve got flack for defending Britney Spears on her own site, I’ve got dragged into unnecessary drama because I create so much content about her… but let me just say this: I stand with Britney no matter what! spacer.png

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Style. said:

That’s why we bonded since 2016 and no matter the circumstances, we shared similar beliefs regarding Britney Spears. I appreciate this reaction coming from a fellow king! I agree and at the end of the day, why do we act surprised about the general public bashing her when we do the same thing? Make it make sense. 

I’ve got flack for defending Britney Spears on her own site, I’ve got dragged into unnecessary drama because I create so much content about her… but let me just say this: I stand with Britney no matter what! spacer.png

Amen. Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of “fans” didn’t actually want to #FreeBritney, they just wanted to do it because they thought she’d be the perfect popstar and source of entertainment for them again. They aren’t actually interested in who she really is as a person or what’s actually best for her, just the image of her that they had in their mind. Fake fans.

They all act like they’ve learned and grown since how the media and general public treated her in the 2000s, yet they have the same mindsets and are performing the same behaviors all over again. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, easy said:

it's truly baffling to me how people can claim to be fans of britney, yet they're the first ones to be overly critical of her to the point where they are defending a total stranger rather than showing her the empathy they say this man showed her 😵💫

imo it boils down to people not being able to understand her deep rooted trauma, and feeling uncomfortable with how she's healing and choosing to share the journey good bad and ugly with us. we're LUCKY to be able to see all parts of it, and not just the shiny happy side that most people show. britney is REAL and that's always been her charm. 

Preach it! I don’t even try to excuse this type of behavior especially when she had been held hostage for more than a decade. Imagine condemning a woman who had been shattered by her family only because she called out a stranger for not minding his ****** business. Give me a break!spacer.png

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Amen. Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of “fans” didn’t actually want to #FreeBritney, they just wanted to do it because they thought she’d be the perfect popstar and source of entertainment for them again. They aren’t actually interested in who she really is as a person or what’s actually best for her, just the image of her that they had in their mind. Fake fans.

They all act like they’ve learned and grown since how the media and general public treated her in the 2000s, yet they have the same mindsets and are performing the same behaviors all over again. 

Wow. I couldn’t have said it better. I remember threads were being made after a day of Britney being freed about albums and touring, as if nothing happened and Britney would immediately put on a fake Oprah Interview, redeem her brand and starts doing the slay kween agenda. The jokes writes themselves. 

• Love 1

its like people forgot things can co-exist, britney can be in the wrong and also deserve empathy from others. the worker can be nice to her and it be for genuine reasons but she can also perceive that as pity as well. fans can agree with britney but they can also disagree with her too and still be a fan (presuming they aren't being an a.sshat).

I do hope she's taking time for herself and personally I don't think instagram is the best place for that but its not for me to decide anyway so I've stopped paying as much attention to it, it just doesn't interest me to witness all that but what I will say is, I don't agree with the armchair analysis of her well being because frankly its none of our business and I think many people esp on here need to take a step back because the "concern" is just getting too much, we don't know her at all. I do have to wonder if people are actually concerned or are they mad she's not "britney era britney" anymore? :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
13 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

This! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block