Britney Spears does not want you to feel pity for her

Style.

4 hours ago, Antidote said:

Yeah, but that doesn't justify her aggressiveness and rude words with a jack in box employee who was just being a gentle human being.

Stop analyzing this woman’s reactions. Trauma is her reality. Angry is healthy. Sometimes we all miss place are anger or genuinely are entitled to feel how we do. Shes allowed to be set off. Emotions are complex. She was not mean to him in person. Yet it triggered an honest emotion shes living. Its her right. Her fans need to let her say as she wishes. You can disagree but keep it to yourself. Britney is healing and its not gonna be overnight. We did not endure her reality. Shes right . That man did not know her. He assumed . He was being kind , it sounds like he was, but sometimes it best not to speak up. We all do not live each other’s realities. Stop judging her should be the trend.  Let her be and be ok with it. Or leave .. who needs to be constantly analyzed by everyone. Why did everyone expect her to be happy after her abuse? Shes been manipulated and controlled . She had her kids used against her. The world attacked her in the media many times. Shes human .. we all cry . We do not live her pain. Her fans are longer helping. Say nothing on her instagram should be how people react . Silence can be best .  Whose business is it anyhow? 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Style. said:

I just hate the way people are attacking her on here. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

I hate it too, but sometimes she does need to be held accountable. Some people are taking it too far and that’s why I’m just saying I’m disappointed in her. I hope she never sees someone crying and wants to express sympathy only for the person to go off about how they don’t need her sympathy. There’s pity and then there’s being a good human being looking out for others. People saying it’s about how she perceived it are also making excuses. People can choose to perceive things however they want, but it doesn’t make them fact. My mom often perceives people have Ill will towards her, but it’s because of her own insecurities. I see a lot of Britney’s behaviors with my mom who also went through trauma. However, you better believe I also call my mom out when she is being unreasonable (which Britney was 100% being unreasonable in this case.) We can still be a fan without being blindly supporting everything she does. This is the first time in my life where I’m saying these things and it’s a tough pill to swallow. However I can no longer just sit here and defend all of these things when it’s coming from her own mouth 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I hate it too, but sometimes she does need to be held accountable. Some people are taking it too far and that’s why I’m just saying I’m disappointed in her. I hope she never sees someone crying and wants to express sympathy only for the person to go off about how they don’t need her sympathy. There’s pity and then there’s being a good human being looking out for others. People saying it’s about how she perceived it are also making excuses. People can choose to perceive things however they want, but it doesn’t make them fact. My mom often perceives people have Ill will towards her, but it’s because of her own insecurities. I see a lot of Britney’s behaviors with my mom who also went through trauma. However, you better believe I also call my mom out when she is being unreasonable (which Britney was 100% being unreasonable in this case.) We can still be a fan without being blindly supporting everything she does. This is the first time in my life where I’m saying these things and it’s a tough pill to swallow. However I can no longer just sit here and defend all of these things when it’s coming from her own mouth 

You hooked me. spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Shadow. said:

its like people forgot things can co-exist, britney can be in the wrong and also deserve empathy from others. the worker can be nice to her and it be for genuine reasons but she can also perceive that as pity as well. fans can agree with britney but they can also disagree with her too and still be a fan (presuming they aren't being an a.sshat).

I do hope she's taking time for herself and personally I don't think instagram is the best place for that but its not for me to decide anyway so I've stopped paying as much attention to it, it just doesn't interest me to witness all that but what I will say is, I don't agree with the armchair analysis of her well being because frankly its none of our business and I think many people esp on here need to take a step back because the "concern" is just getting too much, we don't know her at all. I do have to wonder if people are actually concerned or are they mad she's not "britney era britney" anymore? :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

PREACH! FACTS. PERIOD. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

Someone with common sense at last. :byebye_goodbye_leaving:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

It’s not making excuses for her. It’s literally having empathy and compassion towards a person who had over 13 years of their life taken from them and was trafficked. She has a lot of healing to do and it’s nobody’s place to judge her for feeling how she feels due to her traumas. 

Agreed. I don't condone her lashing out at that man, but she's hurting and dealing with stuff that most people never experience, I know I didn't handle things well when I went through trauma, you can't expect someone to just be fine and "normal" or act perfect.

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, IAmBritneyNotJean said:

Agreed. I don't condone her lashing out at that man, but she's hurting and dealing with stuff that most people never experience, I know I didn't handle things well when I went through trauma, you can't expect someone to just be fine and "normal" or act perfect.

Some “fans” on here think that they are doctors :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Steve W said:

Stop analyzing this woman’s reactions. Trauma is her reality. Angry is healthy. Sometimes we all miss place are anger or genuinely are entitled to feel how we do. Shes allowed to be set off. Emotions are complex. She was not mean to him in person. Yet it triggered an honest emotion shes living. Its her right. Her fans need to let her say as she wishes. You can disagree but keep it to yourself. Britney is healing and its not gonna be overnight. We did not endure her reality. Shes right . That man did not know her. He assumed . He was being kind , it sounds like he was, but sometimes it best not to speak up. We all do not live each other’s realities. Stop judging her should be the trend.  Let her be and be ok with it. Or leave .. who needs to be constantly analyzed by everyone. Why did everyone expect her to be happy after her abuse? Shes been manipulated and controlled . She had her kids used against her. The world attacked her in the media many times. Shes human .. we all cry . We do not live her pain. Her fans are longer helping. Say nothing on her instagram should be how people react . Silence can be best .  Whose business is it anyhow? 

I'm not analyzing anything, its you who is over-analyzing something to justify it, Im simply saying that her post was aggressive and rude and that is not analyzing, it is a fact, having traumas is not a justification for treating people badly, Instagram its not a therapist and as a fan I don't have to accept bad deeds.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Antidote said:

I'm not analyzing anything, its you who is over-analyzing something to justify it, Im simply saying that her post was aggressive and rude and that is not analyzing, it is a fact, having traumas is not a justification for treating people badly, Instagram its not a therapist and as a fan I don't have to accept bad deeds.

Antidote, Honey, it’s time for you to leave Exhale. You’re too good for this place now. It’s been +15 years. 

• Love 1

Pity alone is not the issue, rather an overall patonising condescension that is somehow accepted in our society as 'compassion.' It was the guise that kept her under lock and key for most of her adult life.

"Britney, I love you so much, and I just want you to be happy, you poor dumb, mentally unstable overgrown woman-baby  thing-- I'm so much more together and intelligent than you are and I know what's best for you!"

F these sorts of people!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

My mom often perceives people have Ill will towards her, but it’s because of her own insecurities. I see a lot of Britney’s behaviors with my mom who also went through trauma. However, you better believe I also call my mom out when she is being unreasonable (which Britney was 100% being unreasonable in this case.)  

It's your mom. You know her personally, she is blood. You talk to her. Britney writes the guy is not her blood.

He meant it kindly, but it is to a bad idea to make remarks to a woman who is trying to hide her tears. She is not a child. 

Britney is a stranger to you and me. We know the performer, we know about her trauma, but we do not really know her. I think we should not call her out on a situation we did not even witness. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hamelia said:

It's your mom. You know her personally, she is blood. You talk to her. Britney writes the guy is not her blood.

He meant it kindly, but it is to a bad idea to make remarks to a woman who is trying to hide her tears. She is not a child. 

Britney is a stranger to you and me. We know the performer, we know about her trauma, but we do not really know her. I think we should not call her out on a situation we did not even witness. 

You’re right and I’m sure she is showing who she really is and it’s sad to see 

6 hours ago, tarotx said:

She wants to share how she is feeling. She has a lot of anger of what was not to her. There isn't a lot of self-pity. 

When you share anything on a public platform it opens the door for comments, opinions and people to chatter.

Whether she wants pity or anyone to say anything isn't her choice, everyone will do what they feel.

Britney isn't the only person in this world that can say and do as she feel.

Long as Britney keeps posting on Instagram and the posts are suspicious, weird or opened up for comments people are going to have an opinion and comment.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Antidote said:

It’s not a fact, it’s just the way you minimize the customer’s intentions to gaslighting Britney’s feelings.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block