Britney is Blacklisted by the Grammys and here is why

1 hour ago, DiamondCircus said:

If anything, that might have been because of her lip synch history. I remember when Ashlee Simpson got busted lipping on SNL, it was taboo for a while for artist to lip at the award shows. 

Crazy part is so many artists lip and B usually gets the backlash for it. 

Ugh :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

5 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Well, the GRAMMYs are (allegedly) all about artistic integrity and what not, so Britney has never been a good fit anyways. Her music has never been particularly groundbreaking, and its quality can mostly be attributed to other people. I'm not trying to discredit Britney - we all know she's always wanted to be more involved but was unfortunately not given the opportunity to do so consistently.

Oh please. Britney isn't greedy or egotistical, she doesn't snag writing credits she doesn't deserve. People like Beyonce who are amoral and ruthless do.

Besides, there are separate awards for producers, writers and whatnot. Gimme More should have won on its own merits, period.

3 hours ago, Zee30 said:

Britney and Christina where part of the whole pop explosion in the 90s Spice Girls etc. People also forget Christina actually had a song out before Britney even if it was a soundtrack. ‘Reflection’ was released in June of 1998 and she was signed to RCA pretty much at the same time. Both their debut albums where literally recorded the same years 1998-1999 so literally nobody copied anybody. 

It is a known fact that Christina, Pink, Mandy and Jessica were all modeled after Britney. Britney was signed first, Christina wasn't signed yet when she did Mulan. There was a VH1 documentary when Christina first came out, her mom was talking about how Christina was jealous when Britney called her about getting a record deal. Britney was the first solo female artist out of that group to get signed.  Also, Christina singing reflection is irrelevant, Britney coming out with BOMT exploded over night. . . Genie a bottle came later and it was clearly modeled after baby one more time, even the video. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

It is a known fact that Christina, Pink, Mandy and Jessica were all modeled after Britney. Britney was signed first, Christina wasn't signed yet when she did Mulan. There was a VH1 documentary when Christina first came out, her mom was talking about how Christina was jealous when Britney called her about getting a record deal. Britney was the first solo female artist out of that group to get signed.  Also, Christina singing reflection is irrelevant, Britney coming out with BOMT exploded over night. . . Genie a bottle came later and it was clearly modeled after baby one more time, even the video. 

She was signed to RCA pretty much straight after ‘Reflection’.  It’s also not irrelevant, you only say it’s irrelevant because it’s Christina when we know fine rightly if it was the other way round it would be very relevant and would be brought up constantly we would never hear the end of it. And what documentary is this your talking about as I’ve watched every single one on her and I literally don’t recall that ever been mentioned. 

• Like 1
Just now, Zee30 said:

She was signed to RCA pretty much straight after ‘Reflection’ was released which is what I said quick google search. And what documentary is this your talking about as I’ve watched every single one on her and I literally don’t recall that ever been mentioned. 

I'm a huge fan of both Christina and Britney. I assure you this documentary happened. It was a biography series.  Britney exploded before Christina and it caused RCA to pressure Christina to compete with Britney.  Christina's original image was going to be different, just as Britney's was. Christina was signed in 98, Britney was signed in 97. Just as you said a quick google search would show you this. 

Btw, I also agree. I don't think she's blacklisted but she has been super snubbed just like at the VMAS. I also think the Queen and Abba have been super snubbed while the Grammy's shoves their heads up Taylor Swift and Beyonces Bootys.  I'm not saying that they don't deserve some grammy's , they do but they don't deserve the amount they have. 

24 minutes ago, Zee30 said:

She was signed to RCA pretty much straight after ‘Reflection’.  It’s also not irrelevant, you only say it’s irrelevant because it’s Christina when we know fine rightly if it was the other way round it would be very relevant and would be brought up constantly we would never hear the end of it. And what documentary is this your talking about as I’ve watched every single one on her and I literally don’t recall that ever been mentioned. 

Also yes it is irrelevant, it was a soundtrack for a movie. It's not considered her first single, it didn't get pushed to radio like her actual first single did. Her debut album wasn't released for 8 months after Britneys. There is a noticeable gap. You must not have been around when all of this happened because anyone who was old enough to remember would know this lol

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

Also yes it is irrelevant, it was a soundtrack for a movie. It's not considered her first single, it didn't get pushed to radio like her actual first single did. Her debut album wasn't released for 8 months after Britneys. There is a noticeable gap. You must not have been around when all of this happened because anyone who was old enough to remember would know this lol

I wasn’t talking about first singles or albums. I meant music in general. I don’t class reflection as a single but she did have a song out before Britney thats a fact that’s what I mean even if it wasn’t from her own album. Doesn’t matter if it was pushed to radio or not. And I do remember I was 8 years old when they where both out. I also never mentioned anything about their album releases I just said they were recorded around the same time. I know Britney released hers well before Christina I never said she didn’t. 

43 minutes ago, Zee30 said:

31 minutes ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

I'm a huge fan of both Christina and Britney. I assure you this documentary happened. It was a biography series.  Britney exploded before Christina and it caused RCA to pressure Christina to compete with Britney.  Christina's original image was going to be different, just as Britney's was. Christina was signed in 98, Britney was signed in 97. Just as you said a quick google search would show you this. 

okeeey, It's a lie, Xtina's mom never said she was jealous of Britney, she said "Xtina was anxious and more motivated to release her music" once Britney came out 
clearly this annoying user fits all the narratives to his convenience, 
to hate Xtina so much ...you've even seen her documentaries....interesting:mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Alex Murr said:

okeeey, It's a lie, Xtina's mom never said she was jealous of Britney, she said "Xtina was anxious and more motivated to release her music" once Britney came out 
clearly this annoying user fits all the narratives to his convenience, 
to hate Xtina so much ...you've even seen her documentaries....interesting:mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

I love Christina, as I stated before  that I am a HUGE fan of both and "Xtina was anxious and more motivated to release her music" sure seems like a nice way of saying she got jealous.  You don't know what hate is . . . you all are twisting my words. 

This ANNOYING user obviously doesn't read before responding to posts. 

Everybody knows Grammys are corrupted. I think Britney deserves way more Grammy awards than just 1.  It is so very sad to know that you have to actually PAY to receive that award. If so, what's the motivation for future artists to do music, in general, when all is so corrupted. Go call the GOVERNOR, go call the POLICE!jennifer lopez grammy GIFMaya Rudolph Prince GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Joel Santos said:

Do you really want to talk about Mariah? She is one of the most complete artists of all time. Sings, writes, produces, among many other things. Putting her in the same boat as Britney is pushing it too far. Mariah started lip-synching after her vocals began to deteriorate, but she remains a vocal role model for an entire generation of performers, including Britney. She participated in the creation process of all her records and her name appears in the credits of everything she has released so far. She deserved even more recognition than she gets. The same goes for Janet and Madonna, who even though they are not vocal powerhouses, have always been present in the creation of all their projects. Then you open Britney's WikiPedia page and are shocked to see that she is not involved in much of what she has released throughout her career. Her most acclaimed album is Blackout and unfortunately her name does not appear in the credits of any song, neither as a writer nor as a producer. And the whole "executive producer" thing doesn't really mean much... She just funded the project and got the guys together in the studio. If she really had participated in the production process, her name would be in the credits along with the others.

Britney co-wrote two songs on Blackout: Freakshow and Ooh Ooh Baby. Not much, but there's that. 

Also, just because an artist only has a few or no songwriting and/or song production credits, it does not necessarily mean they just phoned it in. Why Should I Be Sad is obviously about Britney’s life at the time, her troubles w/ K-Fed and some of those tabloids. Piece of Me was personal too. She must have sat down and discussed those topics w/ the writers. Even if she doesn’t write or produce a song, Britney still usually gives much feedback. One of the engineers of Hold Me Closer explained how Britney made sure the vocals were mixed how she wanted.

@Aj20 @Zee30 @Alex Murr @Tear the floor up up @i sometimes sing live

53 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Britney co-wrote two songs on Blackout: Freakshow and Ooh Ooh Baby. Not much, but there's that. 

Also, just because an artist only has a few or no songwriting and/or song production credits, it does not necessarily mean they just phoned it in. Why Should I Be Sad is obviously about Britney’s life at the time, her troubles w/ K-Fed and some of those tabloids. Piece of Me was personal too. She must have sat down and discussed those topics w/ the writers. Even if she doesn’t write or produce a song, Britney still usually gives much feedback. One of the engineers of Hold Me Closer explained how Britney made sure the vocals were mixed how she wanted.

@Aj20 @Zee30 @Alex Murr @Tear the floor up up @i sometimes sing live

I do think Britney could have written so brilliant songs if she was given more to a chance/control. 4 songs out of her entire career 3 of which weren’t even singles, which tbh outside Britneys die hard fanbase no one would know about unless they’d bought the album. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

This ANNOYING user obviously doesn't read before responding to posts.

forgive me, it wasn't to you, I was wrong :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:
I was referring to the user @slim 10, who is really annoying attacking Xtina all the time, for no reason whatsoever,

Xtina did not feel jealous of Britney, and if she did, it was more than normal, she was a teenager, they both knew each other since they were little girls and had the same dream, seeing that one of them achieved it first with great success must have been very stressful.  

Vh1 Special

E Special

1 hour ago, Zee30 said:

I do think Britney could have written so brilliant songs if she was given more to a chance/control. 4 songs out of her entire career 3 of which weren’t even singles, which tbh outside Britneys die hard fanbase no one would know about unless they’d bought the album. 

Britney has over 60 songwriting credits. Here's a list from ASCAP/BMI (it's got released and unreleased songs, some duplicates, and it omits Passenger and Scary, and maybe more). Out of these, 7 singles: And Then We Kiss, Everytime, Make Me…, Me Against the Music, Perfume, Someday I Will Understand, and Work Work. The rest is mostly album tracks and B-sides.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block