Britney is Blacklisted by the Grammys and here is why

Grammy kind of awards is needed to boost artists success imo.. it’s like radios deals for a week (or several days) rotation.. you make headlines..I’m sure people pay for it. Britney’s team didn’t needed so they never bought one. 
I’m not saying that every artists(or their team) pays for Grammy or ama/vma but I guess that type of awards are for a good reputation.. 

• Haha 1

She should have won Album of the year twice for In The Zone and Blackout and the fact that they comepletly overlooked those albums speaks volumes. In the meantime Beyonce can fart into a microphone and release that and she will be nominated for album of the year. But then again she buys every nomination and credit on her albums so the whole thing is rigged.

• Like 6
Just now, nakedsoldier said:

She should have won Album of the year twice for In The Zone and Blackout and the fact that they comepletly overlooked those albums speaks volumes. In the meantime Beyonce can fart into a microphone and release that and she will be nominated for album of the year. But then again she buys every nomination and credit on her albums so the whole thing is rigged.

Exactly I mean even Circus (album + singles) Ops (album + sigles)Britney (album+ Slave For U) and Femme Fatale (album) deserves a to win! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Joel Santos said:

That whole Myah thing went really badly for her. And after the Milli Vanilli fiasco, I doubt they'll want to reward someone who used the same tactics they did. Even though it wasn't her fault.

Myah fiasco was only during Britney Jean her 8th Album we are talking about the other 7 albums before:smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

But at least you tried to find an excuse for them:ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Tear the floor up up said:

If there were bothered by her comment in ‘07, they wouldn’t have nominated Womanizer in ‘10 (albeit for a basic category as you put it :queenie_falling_dying_dead:)

Honestly with the whole Myah fiasco and excessive lip synching I can understand why they don’t 🤷‍♀️ it’s not like she produces or is heavily involved with the writing of her music either 

Btw, I don’t mean to come across as negative here. She deserves awards and recognition for her work, but I don’t think Grammys are the ones to showcase her success. Her real snubbing was never winning a single VMA until piece of me

Again Myah fiasco happened during BJ 2013 what about the other albums!

People push the songwriting skills (though no one has been able to write a better song than Everytime):demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

+Beyoncé never writes her music neither do Rihanna:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 5

When Britney began her career, that academy acted very different to pop music. 

Acts Like Michael jackson,,Madonna and a few others actually got the respect by them.

As you saw in the booklet they wrote,  Produce and in both Mj and Princes case, sometimes produced the tracks themselves (Prince well his was way more acclaimed ,,he played every instrument,,did it all himself right down to mixing the track).

That kind of respect they had towards musicians made it harder for people like Britney Spears, especially on a genre that at that time was known for creating trends,,not superstars..

So people thought Britney was another Debbie Gibson, Paula Abdul,  been here before,three hot albums, gone before she's 25, and waiting for the news on how this one time former teen star went the path of normal child stars,  that's how they viewed Britney and if you were a fan expect to be laughed at a lot. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

I don’t hear her saying the Grammys can kiss her a as.

I only hear in her British accent “kiss my a ss” that sounds more like she is saying that to the paparazzi.

8 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Lol are we even sure Britney never said the Grammys can kiss her ***

she told the paparazzi to kiss her *** and he turned it around made it seem like she meant the Grammys 

There will be always these types of people :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

Grammy's are good to tout success, but with certain artists being nominated or winning through alleged shady tactics, it doesn't matter much to fans.

Also, Britney is a legend for her achievements, but some people don't see her as a serious artist. They hear catchy music mostly written and produced by others. Her input is overlooked or not made aware of, which lets others continue to believe she's manufactured. Also, creatively they see her as more of the same, pop star who stays in her lane and who does not try new sounds, or sing about mature themes.

I'm sure over the years there were some on the panel who would have liked to nominate her, or give her an award, but were possibly outvoted.

• Like 3

Well, the GRAMMYs are (allegedly) all about artistic integrity and what not, so Britney has never been a good fit anyways. Her music has never been particularly groundbreaking, and its quality can mostly be attributed to other people. I'm not trying to discredit Britney - we all know she's always wanted to be more involved but was unfortunately not given the opportunity to do so consistently.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block