Britney is Blacklisted by the Grammys and here is why

22 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Well, the GRAMMYs are (allegedly) all about artistic integrity and what not, so Britney has never been a good fit anyways. Her music has never been particularly groundbreaking and its quality can mostly be attributed to other people. I'm not trying to discredit Britney - we all know she's always wanted to be more involved but was unfortunately not given the opportunity to do so consistently.

What quality had Shape of You by Ed had over Praying by Kesha?

Is Cardi B music Groundbreaking?

What artistic integrity Rihanna or Beyoncé had ? did both of these artist ever written a song themselves? Can they play any instrument (piano for example)? Did they ever directed their some of their music videos themelves? 

OKAY

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Slim 10 said:

What artistic integrity Rihanna or Beyoncé had ? did both of these artist ever written a song themselves? Can they play any instrument (piano for example)? Did they ever directed their some of their music videos themelves? 

OKAY

I don't follow the GRAMMYs, which is why I said "allegedly". I agree with all of the above except for Beyoncé who is for sure way more artistically involved than Britney, Rihanna or Cardi B. Still, I don't think any of Britney's music is deserving of a GRAMMY, but your examples do perfectly illustrate the fact that they're inconsistent AF.

• Haha 2
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Slim 10 said:

OKAY

Rihanna and Beyonce had Jay z.

It's all about aligning yourself with the right people and great connections.  

The ones that stay nominated,  don't have connections at all 

Most labels that were independent basically got cut out, Toxic won BMG bought Jive records and it became part of the big music entertainment and when Sony bmg happened They made Zomba Label group as a division,  however one artist they pushed more and it played a major key in her success was Pink, I'm not dead almost flopped in the US but the budget pushed u and ur hand to higher lengths and as we see pink is now the top RCA artist that give her the budget she sells out than most of all other acts and gets the accolades and success we crave

5 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

If there were bothered by her comment in ‘07, they wouldn’t have nominated Womanizer in ‘10 (albeit for a basic category as you put it :queenie_falling_dying_dead:)

Honestly with the whole Myah fiasco and excessive lip synching I can understand why they don’t 🤷‍♀️ it’s not like she produces or is heavily involved with the writing of her music either 

Btw, I don’t mean to come across as negative here. She deserves awards and recognition for her work, but I don’t think Grammys are the ones to showcase her success. Her real snubbing was never winning a single VMA until piece of me

this 100x

2 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Lol are we even sure Britney never said the Grammys can kiss her ***

she told the paparazzi to kiss her *** and he turned it around made it seem like she meant the Grammys 

I always thought that too I'm not sure why people think she's talking about the Grammy's. To me it's always sounded like she was telling the paparazzi to kiss her A. 

The audio never plays clearly to hear her utter "grammy's".

• Love 4
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

If there were bothered by her comment in ‘07, they wouldn’t have nominated Womanizer in ‘10 (albeit for a basic category as you put it :queenie_falling_dying_dead:)

Honestly with the whole Myah fiasco and excessive lip synching I can understand why they don’t 🤷‍♀️ it’s not like she produces or is heavily involved with the writing of her music either 

Btw, I don’t mean to come across as negative here. She deserves awards and recognition for her work, but I don’t think Grammys are the ones to showcase her success. Her real snubbing was never winning a single VMA until piece of me

Rihanna can barely sing, and Britney writes way more of her stuff than Rihanna does. Rihanna has 9 Grammys. With lip syncing. . .Mariah Carey always lip syncs, always has. So does Madonna and Janet.  The OP is 100% correct. The only reason Beyonce has a million Grammys is because of her father being on the board. "Britney has never done anything ground breaking" Blackout was a master piece, it started the whole electronic music wave (The Fame, Rated R and Keshas beginning music). Britney's music was always different and she was a trend setter, not a follower. . . .you must be a baby. 

• Love 2

Never did anything ground breaking. . . I can't get over that .. . did we not get a whole WAVE of Britney copies? Isn't that the sheer definition of ground breaking? She started a movement more than once.  . Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson, Mandy Moore etc. .. There was even a wave of Anti Britneys Avril, pink. Then she later influenced a whole younger generation. Christina was a Britney Clone and in truth Britney should have gotten that best new artist win. Don't get me wrong, Christina deserved several Grammy's in her own right. . .but Britney did too. The ones that deserve it never win though. If vocals are a concern, Norah Jones, Madonna nor Janet would have ever won. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

Rihanna can barely sing, and Britney writes way more of her stuff than Rihanna does. Rihanna has 9 Grammys. With lip syncing. . .Mariah Carey always lip syncs, always has. So does Madonna and Janet.  The OP is 100% correct. The only reason Beyonce has a million Grammys is because of her father being on the board. "Britney has never done anything ground breaking" Blackout was a master piece, it started the whole electronic music wave (The Fame, Rated R and Keshas beginning music). Britney's music was always different and she was a trend setter, not a follower. . . .you must be a baby. 

Do you really want to talk about Mariah? She is one of the most complete artists of all time. Sings, writes, produces, among many other things. Putting her in the same boat as Britney is pushing it too far. Mariah started lip-synching after her vocals began to deteriorate, but she remains a vocal role model for an entire generation of performers, including Britney. She participated in the creation process of all her records and her name appears in the credits of everything she has released so far. She deserved even more recognition than she gets. The same goes for Janet and Madonna, who even though they are not vocal powerhouses, have always been present in the creation of all their projects. Then you open Britney's WikiPedia page and are shocked to see that she is not involved in much of what she has released throughout her career. Her most acclaimed album is Blackout and unfortunately her name does not appear in the credits of any song, neither as a writer nor as a producer. And the whole "executive producer" thing doesn't really mean much... She just funded the project and got the guys together in the studio. If she really had participated in the production process, her name would be in the credits along with the others.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Isla said:

How would we know she's backlisted? Is there any proof of this? 

I do remember someone on here said a while ago apparently members of the Recording Academy didn't like her though.

She's not blacklisted at all, that user is just talking out of their *** like per usual.

It's quite simple, she's just not a Grammy darling. There are plenty of other artists in the same boat, even other artists that are highly respected and successful.

ABBA got their first ever Grammy nomination LAST YEAR, Queen have never won a Grammy and only have had 4 nominations in their entire career, Diana Ross has never won a Grammy. Cher has only 1 Grammy, and only 7 nominations throughout her career. Jennifer Lopez has only ever been nominated for 2 Grammy's in her entire career, and the list goes on and on.

And it's the same for many younger pop artists. Miley only has 2 nominations (one being as a featured artist on Lil Nas X's album), Selena Gomez has only 1 nomination, Demi Lovato has only 1 nomination.

This whole thing of the Grammy's never really showing Britney much love is not exclusive to her, there are many artists that are the same. People try to come up with theories that she is "blacklisted" to explain it, but really it's not that unusual that the Grammy's have snubbed her a lot over the years.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Isla said:

How would we know she's backlisted? Is there any proof of this? 

I do remember someone on here said a while ago apparently members of the Recording Academy didn't like her though.

If anything, that might have been because of her lip synch history. I remember when Ashlee Simpson got busted lipping on SNL, it was taboo for a while for artist to lip at the award shows. 

Crazy part is so many artists lip and B usually gets the backlash for it. 

• Love 4

Never did anything ground breaking. . . I can't get over that .. . did we not get a whole WAVE of Britney copies? Isn't that the sheer definition of ground breaking? She started a movement more than once.  . Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson, Mandy Moore etc. .. There was even a wave of Anti Britneys Avril, pink. Then she later influenced a whole younger generation. Christina was a Britney Clone and in truth Britney should have gotten that best new artist win. Don't get me wrong, Christina deserved several Grammy's in her own right. . .but Britney did too. The ones that deserve it never win though. If vocals are a concern, Norah Jones, Madonna nor Janet would have ever won. 

I mean, by definition she is/was groundbreaking, I guess. But from a purely artistic standard, her music has never been anything special. If anything, her first two albums (and half of Self-Titled) just consisted of female versions of BSB and *NSYNC songs. In the Zone is the closest thing to a GRAMMY-deserving work of art when it comes to her discography, and in hindsight, it probably is deserving of one, but I like being annoying, so... :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

Mariah does lip sync but she has also written her own songs and some of her best songs. Madonna is brilliant artistically as was Janet again not brilliant singers but they are involved in some part of the creative process whether it be production of music videos, choreography, writing their own songs etc so can understand why they have more Grammys. 

• Like 2

Britney and Christina where part of the whole pop explosion in the 90s Spice Girls etc. People also forget Christina actually had a song out before Britney even if it was a soundtrack. ‘Reflection’ was released in June of 1998 and she was signed to RCA pretty much at the same time. Both their debut albums where literally recorded the same years 1998-1999 so literally nobody copied anybody. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block