OMG Hold Me Closer jumps to #21 iTunes US, sold 500,000 units in the States, #4 on Mediabase Hot AC , 159 Million STREAMS, still TOP 10 ITUNES WW, #1 in Aus, Croatia, Israel, Poland, Singapore, UAE, Hungary, Slovenia... A GLOBAL HIT with longevity!!

On 11/10/2022 at 8:09 AM, Joel Santos said:

Lots of payola. The song is only performing "well" on the radio, thanks to Elton's checks. On other platforms, it's already dead. How to explain the song out of Spotify's top 200, losing strength on Itunes with each update, but in the top 10 of US radio? The song was not promoted by Britney, but had massive investment across all platforms. This is already more than enough to perform better than it is currently doing. 

Rihanna and Taylor are streaming forces. Digital Sales for them don't make any difference.

Wonder what happened to Cold Hearts payola then. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, TOUCHMEANGEL said:

Can you update the OP or make a new thread so I can share on twitter?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TOUCHMEANGEL said:

The correct twitter for WIOQ is Q102philly. The one listed here, Power 99, is a hip hop station. Q102 is the pop station.

7 minutes ago, One More Time said:

but it is promo and relevance to the song... because every outlet and twitter account will be saying that it's #1 on iTunes

No they won't because nobody cares about itunes in 2022. That's why I posted that comment, I cringe when I see this fan base bragging about itunes sales like it's 2011, it only makes other people drag Britney. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, alexbickle said:

No they won't because nobody cares about itunes in 2022. That's why I posted that comment, I cringe when I see this fan base bragging about itunes sales like it's 2011, it only makes other people drag Britney. 

so true. Itunes stopped being relevant there in 2016. Nowadays, it is no longer a parameter of success. More proof of this is that HMC spent 10 days at #1 on Itunes USA and still debuted outside the top 5, as well as failing to stay in the top 10 the following week.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Fab britney said:

I hear it a lot on the radio, kiss 108 and mix 104.1 which is a 1st for britney to get sm play on a hot ac type station. It must be doing really well on radio do we thing it’ll get even bigger? 

GREAT! It could be bigger if B-Armys request the provided strategical links!!

This song is suitable for the winter and it still has room to grow on pop!  

11 hours ago, alexbickle said:

And I cringe when I read comments like yours. No one cares about iTunes yet every celebrity still posts about reaching number one on there. Regardless if it’s 1 or 1000 copies, people are still purchasing the track. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block