Let’s Talk About It: Avril Shading Britney

It's almost like some of y'all were never teenagers who said a critical word about someone else. Britney was at the very top of the industry. I expect Avril had a bit of a chip on her shoulder like everyone else about how Britney dominated. Some of her comments probably stemmed from insecurity, others from arrogance. What she did creatively was bl**tly known as 'anti-Britney.' Did y'all expect she and Britney to make friendship bracelets? They've grown and have expressed fondness for each other since. 

• Super Mods
Just now, IsraeliMatt said:

It's almost like some of y'all were never teenagers who said a critical word about someone else. Britney was at the very top of the industry. I expect Avril had a bit of a chip on her shoulder like everyone else about how Britney dominated. Some of her comments probably stemmed from insecurity, others from arrogance. What she did creatively was bl**tly known as 'anti-Britney.' Did y'all expect she and Britney to make friendship bracelets? They've grown and have expressed fondness for each other since. 

Couldn’t have said it better myself :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Avril actually spoke about this recently. Basically, she said her label pushed her to do it as she was supposed to be marketed as the "anti-britney" and had the whole "im not a girly girl" image in order to sell better. She said she always genuinely liked Brit and her music and she regrets saying these things to this day :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
10 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Avril actually spoke about this recently. Basically, she said her label pushed her to do it as she was supposed to be marketed as the "anti-britney" and had the whole "im not a girly girl" image in order to sell better. She said she always genuinely liked Brit and her music and she regrets saying these things to this day :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Omg thank you for educating me :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

11 hours ago, descg said:

FALSE, she talk good since 2000:

00:25

Not the same about Beyonce (apart of Xtina)

P!nk has definitely shown some love to Britney in the past, but I will never forget that in the Funhouse era, she mocked Britney AND Christina for getting locked up. "Everyone always thought out of the three of us, I'd be the one who ended up in jail, and I'm the only one who hasn't." (paraphrasing because I don't remember the exact quote) I mean, she's right and good for her for calling out all the people who doubted her, but she didn't need to throw the other two under the bus to make her point.

25 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

OMG you are so beautiful. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

And yeah, I'm not surprised. Pretty much everyone who ever bashed her back then from Eminem to Avril has changed their tune and revealed how much they love her, so I'm not surprised to hear it was a label requirement for some of them. Hell, even Justin, who was most definitely NOT doing it for his label, has changed his tune and praises her now. The only person who's still shady nowadays is Christina, and I really can't blame her since interviewers will ask her about Britney ALL THE TIME, even when Britney isn't making headlines. I'd be a little annoyed too.

29 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

P!nk has definitely shown some love to Britney in the past, but I will never forget that in the Funhouse era, she mocked Britney AND Christina for getting locked up. "Everyone always thought out of the three of us, I'd be the one who ended up in jail, and I'm the only one who hasn't." (paraphrasing because I don't remember the exact quote) I mean, she's right and good for her for calling out all the people who doubted her, but she didn't need to throw the other two under the bus to make her point.

Britney was never in jail tho

6 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Well, she still ran over a person's foot, I'm pretty sure she got in legal trouble for that, and that's what sparked P!nk's comment back then.

No she didnt, i think they didnt press charges and tbh that was a smart move cuz they wouldve been dropped considering how it happened, she had like 30 paparazzi jumping over her car while she was trying to drive away its not like she meant to do it they caused the accident themselves

22 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Well, she still ran over a person's foot, I'm pretty sure she got in legal trouble for that, and that's what sparked P!nk's comment back then.

you clearly are not see the video, was not her fault at all, she can´t drive and the paparazzi were inside the car one of them with the foot inside because was too near, she even can go out.

1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

oh i dont remember that, yes the "im the only one whithout troubles" comment in the Funhouse era, not the best inteligent comment but nobody is perfect and was more like a joke o a reafirmation of her like a professional.

But P!nk has a controversial era with media between  an
M!ssundaztood and Try This eras because was single and go to clubs, kiss a actrees and pee in the street:
spacer.png
If she the media has was no more insterest in her is because is with the same partner and no go to clubs in 20 years.

• Super Mods
15 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

OMG you are so beautiful. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

And yeah, I'm not surprised. Pretty much everyone who ever bashed her back then from Eminem to Avril has changed their tune and revealed how much they love her, so I'm not surprised to hear it was a label requirement for some of them. Hell, even Justin, who was most definitely NOT doing it for his label, has changed his tune and praises her now. The only person who's still shady nowadays is Christina, and I really can't blame her since interviewers will ask her about Britney ALL THE TIME, even when Britney isn't making headlines. I'd be a little annoyed too.

omg thank you so much :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

But yeah, labels back then had no mercy, even less than nowadays and they are still **** :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

5 hours ago, Willson Saints said:

Do you even know the meaning of false? Where has your smart gone, you silly, haha! I didn't say she didn't. But she shaded her with the "puppet on a string" and many more. 

Do u know the meaning of f+ck y+u? and silly is your false m+ther. "haha" you said, i prefer being silly that a stupid gross human being

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block