Let’s Talk About It: Avril Shading Britney

1 hour ago, electricopop said:

Well... don't forget "The Best Damn Thing" era. 

It was a step in the wrong direction for her and i still don't understand it. 

I liked her deep lyrics in her first 2 albums. But in The Best Damn Thing she was the popchick she hated. There are good songs on it, like Runaway and Keep Holding On but the rest was very se.xualized. 

But recordlabels are often very dumb, they wanted Girlfriend 2 and we got What The Hell... like what the hell? 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, Alexanda said:

I liked her deep lyrics in her first 2 albums. But in The Best Damn Thing she was the popchick she hated. There are good songs on it, like Runaway and Keep Holding On but the rest was very ***ualized. 

But recordlabels are often very dumb, they wanted Girlfriend 2 and we got What The Hell... like what the hell? 

I wasn’t a fan of pop Avril. 

14 hours ago, OneLife said:

Every female singer who started in the late 90's or early 2000's talked bad about Britney... I'm sure it was a request from their labels, that's why today they talk good about her..

Is this the Nicki Minaj conspiracy that labels are against her? lol

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Alexanda said:

I liked her deep lyrics in her first 2 albums. But in The Best Damn Thing she was the popchick she hated. There are good songs on it, like Runaway and Keep Holding On but the rest was very se.xualized. 

That persona was all fake, Avril was always shallow and now shes grown into being her true basic shallow self. It wasnt really fake, she was just too young and didnt understand who she was.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Sorry but she can **** right off. She was more manufactured than Britney ever was in my opinion. That was her whole “gimmick” and I think her label pushed her into being “Anti Britney” because that was the “in” thing at the time. Anyway, she ended up flopping everywhere but Japan after her 2nd album, didn’t she?. That “Ho” comment was gross, but she did pick Britney over Christina when asked…Oprah So What Is The Truth GIF

:tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

3 hours ago, Rachel Green Geller said:

I mean, mixed feelings about it.

On the one hand, was there any need to be mean to Britney? She's always being known for being the sweetest and the kindest girl out there and never had anything bad to say about anybody. So it pisses me off to see someone freely doubting her choices regarding her choreographies, her outfits and whatnot. Keep those opinions to yourself :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

Yeah looking back now it seems crazy that sooo many people were mean to Britney but I think it had a lot to do with how popular she was for such a long time. She was like the mania of Justin Bieber/Jonas Brothers/The Kardashians/ combined. People were OBSESSED with her for years so then people got annoyed with her being everywhere I guess? And it was also so much jealously because I think she was just effortlessly beautiful/talented/kind etc.  

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, katiespears said:

Yeah looking back now it seems crazy that sooo many people were mean to Britney but I think it had a lot to do with how popular she was for such a long time. She was like the mania of Justin Bieber/Jonas Brothers/The Kardashians/ combined. People were OBSESSED with her for years so then people got annoyed with her being everywhere I guess? And it was also so much jealously because I think she was just effortlessly beautiful/talented/kind etc.  

it still doesn’t make being mean to her or putting her down okay! :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, shya said:

maybe bc she was one of the most insincere pop artist in that time

:ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

she was basically fabricated in the same lab as P!nk, by LA reid

but she was young too all is forgiven and her songs is awesome

the men around were the ones to blame

:sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

there were rumours 15 years ago they clubbed together,

Britney probably likes her

:bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

is she a Kardashian artist now? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

i kinda like this:

Um no… she wasn’t “fabricated” in the same “lab” as Pink. She was actually discovered by Shania Twain. Look. It. Up. 

Edit: Yes, L.A. Reid signed her though. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block