NYU Institute has introduced a course on Lana Del Rey this fall! Thoughts?

Blackout2006

1173237790?mbid=social_retweet

The course will explore the pop star's connection to social justice movements such as Black Lives Matter, Me Too, and Time's Up.

New York University’s Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music announced this week that it will be offering a course on the singer in the fall, just as it did with Taylor Swift earlier this year. The two-credit class, titled “Topics in Recorded Music: Lana Del Rey,” will be taught by journalist and author Kathy Iandoli and runs from October 20 to December 8. 

Not surprised :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: Thoughts Exhale? :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

I used to talk to Kathy lanoldi. She wrote the Aaliyah book and I was in talks to include her in my doc. While we were okay, I found her to be very gatekeepy of hip hop which isn’t even for her to gatekeep. She is smart however, and I’m sure the course is going to be interesting. 

• Haha 1

Lana Del Rey is probably the most influential female artist of our generation so it makes sense. She is also the most disrespected legend by the music industry. How many awards does she have for introducing musical trends and paving the way for newer artists? National Anthem is one of the best and most influential music video of all time. That’s been long overdue!  :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, britney fkn spears said:

I used to talk to Kathy lanoldi. She wrote the Aaliyah book and I was in talks to include her in my doc. While we were okay, I found her to be very gatekeepy of hip hop which isn’t even for her to gatekeep. She is smart however, and I’m sure the course is going to be interesting. 

Who is Kathy Ianoldi? Educate me sis. :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

5 minutes ago, Style. said:

Who is Kathy Ianoldi? Educate me sis. :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

She is the author of several books including the upcoming Lil Kim biography she wrote with Kim. She’s a good writer and knows a lot about music and will be teaching the course. I just find her to be a bit gatekeepy of music from her generation

• Love 1
On 9/25/2022 at 9:27 PM, Style. said:

Lana Del Rey is probably the most influential female artist of our generation so it makes sense. She is also the most disrespected legend by the music industry. How many awards does she have for introducing musical trends and paving the way for newer artists? National Anthem is one of the best and most influential music video of all time. That’s been long overdue!  :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

YES :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: Lana Del Rey deserves more admiration and respect from the industry for birthing the popular indie/alt-pop scene that is prevalent in nowadays pop culture. Ha powa! :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

@Joshyworld

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block