Is Taylor Swift losing her success?

4 minutes ago, maki93 said:

I think that the midnights mayhems to announce the song titles is brilliant. But yes, we need a single! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

i have been thinking for a while. i think artists/record labels need to get with the times and stop announcing albums 2 months in advance. it was fine in the 90s/2000s and before that probably because  they had to do a lot of promo around the world and you'd see them on every   TV show. But with the internet and access to music all instant and everywhere to access at any time, they dont need to do like more than a week promo at the very most and they can do it all via Zoom in one country. So now when they announce it 2 months in advance its just a pointless and annoying waiting game that drags on and on. its only been 4 weeks since TS announced the album but feels more like 4 months! 

i have noticed as well less music videos are being made. because MVs were made to be played on music channels but most people dont bother with music channels anymore  because if they wanna hear a song all they have to do is pick up their phone and type it into spotify or yotube

It's funny how she quietly became the most streamed female artist this year, the mist listened to on Spotify, and I feel midnights is proving to be a success in physicals, she found a way to sell multi versions, so I definitely feel a billboard announcement is coming and saying we like to apologize, the bundles was a mistake,, artists make money through bundles and billboard low key reported for the first time ever streaming services are struggling as well.

As thanks to the podcasts being added its definitely pissing people off who want a music only streaming service though Spotify was losing money relying on music alone, all that music is loaned to them, not something they can keep forever..

So, no as one friend said If anything people have to understand Taylor swift is one of the 3 acts from the 00s to still be huge, he finds it funny how Gaga is seen as this queen of pop, but her numbers say otherwise..

He dubs Gaga the one album Wonder and her career was hard to maintain and born this way selling 6 million alone shows it..

So her going Hollywood doesn't surprise him. Cos shes not the music juggernaut that she was promoted as: the real 3 is Taylor swift, Rihanna and Beyoncé..

9 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

i have been thinking for a while. i think artists/record labels need to get with the times and stop announcing albums 2 months in advance. it was fine in the 90s/2000s and before that probably because  they had to do a lot of promo around the world and you'd see them on every   TV show. But with the internet and access to music all instant and everywhere to access at any time, they dont need to do like more than a week promo at the very most and they can do it all via Zoom in one country. So now when they announce it 2 months in advance its just a pointless and annoying waiting game that drags on and on. its only been 4 weeks since TS announced the album but feels more like 4 months! 

i have noticed as well less music videos are being made. because MVs were made to be played on music channels but most people dont bother with music channels anymore  because if they wanna hear a song all they have to do is pick up their phone and type it into spotify or yotube

I think its case she won "Video if the Year" for arguably her best song to date, and her most beloved songs by the swifties. There was no way she wouldn't announce something big for this. It might have bene a re-release if it wasn't for the ongoing legal battles or time restrictions for 1989 and Reputation. Also, I think Speak Now will be the last album to get a re-release since its huge among the fanbase, and probably the most anticipated as well. 

The best bet at the VMAs would have been the new album announcement.

9 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

So her going Hollywood doesn't surprise him. Cos shes not the music juggernaut that she was promoted as: the real 3 is Taylor swift, Rihanna and Beyoncé..

Yes. Also, Taylor loves singing and performing, she enjoys the industry, and has a loyal fanbase defending her at all times. She started in the 2000s, was the biggest artist of the 2010s, and on her way to be the biggest of the 2020s (at least the first half of it) looking at how the successful re-releases are going well into 2023 and 2024.

• Like 1

Wtf is this thread? She hasn’t even released a single. The mere mention of the word or time midnight creates atleast 30+ articles about her. She announced early to create hype after her last two albums were surprise releases AND also to help with vinyl supply demand as it has been a huge production issue since Covid. also, Red (Taylor’s version), her Re-recorded album, is still the highest selling first week in the last year for female artist. Could go on and on but I think this proves enough. 

• Love 2
Just now, maki93 said:

I think its case she won "Video if the Year" for arguably her best song to date, and her most beloved songs by the swifties. There was no way she wouldn't announce something big for this. It might have bene a re-release if it wasn't for the ongoing legal battles or time restrictions for 1989 and Reputation. Also, I think Speak Now will be the last album to get a re-release since its huge among the fanbase, and probably the most anticipated as well. 

The best bet at the VMAs would have been the new album announcement.

All My friends believe she will win the shake it off case, cos it's been proving this lawsuit gave that track, views.

It's close to 50 million for playas Gon play, so it definitely did it's thing made 3LW and that track, Lost found and relevant again..

So Taylor team knows,. That if they win get contracts put to offer royalties, cos their Even lucky this case gave them relevance and they know, the idea if repealing the verdict is wasting Time, so take the deal for royalties cos your song isn't relevant, she be generous to give them 18%, cos it's ridiculous to think they own playground talks we all said this to shade people, it's like saying someone owns the whole yo, mama thing that's how stupid I find This..

This wasn't new in 2000 and definitely wasn't in 2014?.

Just now, maki93 said:

While I prefer 1989 and Reputation over Folklore/Evermore, the last two albums show a great artistic side of hers. Its not necessarily worse, just different. 

She definitely won my aunt over as she was tired of the whole based on personal life narrative,. Aunt merri being 65, definitely came from the era of songwriting coming from a creative point of view like la isla bonita was basically inspired by Madonna seeing a sign come to San Pedro, and thus the song was born.

Folklore and Evermore being fictional narratives actually was great and reminded her of the great songwriting of the past, universal relatable but from fictional or odd inspirations that didn't rely on reality or a personal life..

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Freakshow__ said:

She's the biggest popstar in the world for st least the past 10 years. What are you saying?

10 minutes ago, etherealcat said:

no but her music's been getting worse since reputation :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

i guess im much much saying the same thing as etherealcat  here, too (to my taste, if im totally honest)

and i asked it as a question so...

besides i think it would be cool if Taylor revived her pop side once again and we had more youtube kinda records in views

i think as many admit pop scene is more dead now than it used to be. i know it might be more of a my Thing but i miss Bad Blood,Shake It Off kinda periods in her career.

• Love 2

She literally broke a Spotify record just recently. Anyone thinking she is losing some of her superstar power is just crazy. 

She's literally one of the very few select artists that is able to sell +1m copies in the first week AND overall. Even major pop artists as Ariana aren't able to pull that off. The only one that does these days is Adele. Most albums sell around 350K and is considered major succes in the digital era.

RED, her last rerecorded album sold like +600K in the first week alone if I am not mistaken. For a rerecorded album. That's already double the amount of most other releases.

For example, a complete and superhyped album like Thank U Next sold +300K in its first week.

Adele's 30 had 695K sales in its first week which isn't that much more and is a complete new body of work instead of a rerecording.

So the answer is easy: no, Taylor isn't losing any succes and her latest numbers easily tell you.

• Love 3

16 years into her music career,. Mind you 16 years..

You guys remember she started out with the Miley and Demi..

Miley is a superstar but unlike Taylor swift, the success never repeated itself for bangerz,. Two fold happened younger now and I feel sympathy towards Liam her ex husband ENDED UP hurting her.

We don't hear that about Taylor, hell Kim Kardashian now is a fan since the divorce to Kanye west happened..

• Love 2

Difficult to say. Like I got familiar with her during 1989 era because she was literally everywhere. -> Ye & Kim drama happened and I felt like she lost for good. Then she came back with reputation better than ever and slayed. After that she released Lover & started showing support to democrats (Lover was underwhelming imho & getting political is like a suicide, I feel). I felt like that was a beginning of an end. However, she proved me wrong when she dropped folklore during quaranteen a slayed again. Feel like she may or may not be everywhere like during the 1989 era (the most commercial one imho) but she's here to stay now. She's established mainpop girl now. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

2 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

i dont understand what the hell is happening. she announced the album 4 weeks ago now and thats been it. no single or word from her whatsoever, and it still another 4  weeks til the album is released. what was the point in announcing it so early   when theres no single ?

So her fans or their parents have enough time to save coins for all types of physical copies / vinyls etc. Taylor is known for releasing like 8 versions of one project 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

She peaked already. No artist peaks forever.

I have yet to see Taylor swift fail, peaked if anything she's like Beyoncé, how can you peak, when you haven't suffered a commercial failure, hell this is her third decade and you're seeing artists that she had a Major influence on, Olivia Rodrigo, to this happen while still being relevant to not only the industry but the general public, if anybody peaked that would be a Lady Gaga, how come nobody will come out and admit that at 36, she's beginning to flop in the states, hold my hand was billed as this big ballad like Adele, and definitely marketed like the new Take my breath away, if anything when it comes to celebrating top gun Maverick for it's tenth anniversary, the Gaga song Will be the dark spot, the biggest artist (or definitely marketed that way) Turned out to be the films Lowest point as she failed due to the ageism agenda making women 35 and older hard to find commercial success..

That's an artist who peaked, cos after the Artpop era, Gaga hasn't fully recovered to the Glory day's of her success.

Taylor swift hasn't had that flop, fall From grace, yes but she basically took the snake narrative and embraced it..

@Adriannn

@Midnights

@maki93

@Jordan Miller

I definitely believe that could have booked more dates, I definitely feel a PR lie was to cover up. That the commercial reception wasn't Great, hint she never cancelled her tour like Billie eilish and others did. She Kept it open..

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block