Do you listen to Britney Jean?

Sometimes I think Britney had nothing to do with that album at all. You know how they say a lot of artists recorded so much demos that they can practically take their voice and create new songs, that’s what my mind wants to think about the Britney Jean album. That’s such a disaster of an album, I guess they thought after S&S, team CON thought Will.he.is could recreate S&S, but ended up failing miserably

Ps. No I don’t listen to it anymore

Work b* is a hit bangar very upbeat 

no doubt Vegas vibes 

but just sort of some unemotional diva twists I don’t always fall for that kind of tint 

I love Don’t Let aMe Be Last To Know her vocals on that were so good no one really talks about that. But hold on tight and don’t cry & perfume will always come with me to music places and Alien too , Alien could have been better but I still think it bopped

Note: I like a fun upbeat song work ***** offers that I like songs like Lizzos 2 Be Loved Am I Ready I’m weird then I like Rnb and some urban pop

@Brock @PablitoXS @HateExhale 

On 9/1/2022 at 5:07 PM, HateExhale said:

Still on this myah thing?

I like the album it’s been a while that I don’t listen thanks for the reminder

That's because fans will never have closure until Britney herself confirms or infirms the dubbing allegations or until the album is remade with Britney's vocals higher up in the mix in all tracks. Britney herself doesn't seem to care, so there is that.

@PokemonSpears, honestly, by now, what do you think? You did discuss it years ago, but since fans insist and still discuss it so much... Do you agree half the album was dubbed (incl. almost full songs like Body Ache, Til It's Gone, Work *****, Passenger and Chillin' With You) or do you believe that's false and Britney's lead vocals are actually heard?

To answer the OP's question, yes, I still do listen that album. I just love the songs, the musical sound and the overall lyrics. As for the vocals, it sounds pretty good to me, and I love the futuristic effects on It Should Be Easy, the polished sound of Perfume, the big lush chorus of Til It's Gone, the natural sound of Don't Cry, etc.

Myah Marie's definitely quite vocally present (as a background vocalist or perhaps more), but in the end, it does sound real good for the genre, and it's one of my favourite records.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Arckangel said:

To answer the OP's question, yes, I still do listen that album. I just love the songs, the musical sound and the overall lyrics. As for the vocals, it sounds pretty good to me, and I love the futuristic effects on It Should Be Easy, the polished sound of Perfume, the big lush chorus of Til It's Gone, the natural sound of Don't Cry, etc.

That's the point. The question is "Do you listen to Britney Jean?", not "do you think Myah Marie sang lead vocals on Britney Jean?", c'mon. I don't listen to BOMT anymore so that's not upsetting if people don't listen to Britney Jean or any other album released many years ago, it's a personal taste.

Let's go deeper, most Britney songs are auto tuned, so it means it isn't her natural voice, Toxic rough vocals are totally different from the final version and people love it.

There are lots of songs Britney used backing vocals, like DLMTLTK, Crazy and many others, either because of her vocal limitation, either because it could improve her song and that's fine. Every mainstream artist do that. It's normal.

She is far from the best singer in the world and it is just ok, you can still love and admire her anyway, for any reason. Some could say she doesn't sing live because of the dance routines, but she definitely could put slow songs on the tours so that she could sing live, but even when she was under the conservatorship she dubbed Shadow, Everytime, Lucky and many other slow/midtempo songs when she wasn't performing the best of her dance skills.

We also know her natural voice is deep, totally different from her studio albums. It was never the "real Britney" singing all the time and we don't have to crucify her because of the Myah excerpts on BJ. Let's give this subject a break.

I actually do from time to time. 

She said it was inspired on a breakup and I was going to my very first break up so I was shattered to pieces. 

Work *****

Perfume (the deep part that she sings in the beginning was everything for me! Reminded me constantly on what she really can do but almost everybody overlooks)

Tik Tik Boom (is for some reason just a banger for me 🤷🏼💯)

'Til It's Gone (because of the break up etc. But to this day I just wished that this song was a ballad or I'm hoping someone will turn it into a ballad)

Passenger 

Don't Cry

Hold On Tight

Now That I Found You 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block