"Hold Me Closer" debuts at #30 on Billboard's Pop Airplay chart & #14 on Billboard's Adult Contemporary chart this week

33 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

it's 3 days of airplay only! Work B and Make Me charted with a full week of airplay :jamie_lynn_grape:

Tomorrow the song is being sent officially to all radios, and the song will blow up for next week! mark my words :elton:

I hope that this will be the case, but we have to realize that its early success on the radio is the result of the radio deal. We will see if the radios actually plays it next week. Make Me! also had a decent debut, but than it stalled and had a mediocre peak shortly after the release. Britney hasn't had a radio hit since S&S.        

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Billboard's Pop Airplay chart ranks the most popular songs of pop music being played on a panel of Top 40 radio stations in the United States

It means this song is being EATEN UP by american radios, and it secures a great spot inside the BBHOT100

:blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Manifesting Top 10 entry so we can prove that Thiefyonce worshipper wrong.  :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

30 minutes ago, Circusisherbestalbum said:

I hope that this will be the case, but we have to realize that its early success on the radio is the result of the radio deal. We will see if the radios actually plays it next week. Make Me! also had a decent debut, but than it stalled and had a mediocre peak shortly after the release. Britney hasn't had a radio hit since S&S.        

This is pre-radio deal, radio deal is tomorrow 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, pablitonizer said:

it's 3 days of airplay only! Work B and Make Me charted with a full week of airplay :jamie_lynn_grape:

Tomorrow the song is being sent officially to all radios, and the song will blow up for next week! mark my words :elton:

I get confused about these things. Radio been playing it for days so why is it being officially sent to them tomorrow? Can someone please explain I'm dumb :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

28 minutes ago, ItsBeanie****** said:

I get confused about these things. Radio been playing it for days so why is it being officially sent to them tomorrow? Can someone please explain I'm dumb :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

to increase the plays + the reached audience. radios played it because of requests, britney's comeback and it's a classic remixed song that's very radio-friendly.

S&S and WB were her last radio-friendly singles (although WB was censored and not adapted for rap, urban and classic adult audiences)

10 minutes ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

Wait- there is another radio deal? Or do you mean it’s officially been sent out to radio for stations to add

It’s not the same thing? I saw on Twitter people talking about radio deal tomorrow, and I remember the official release on radio. 
Sorry, I don’t understand a lot about radio lol :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

2 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

"Hold Me Closer" debuts at #30 on Billboard's Pop Airplay chart this week :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

It's Elton's 12th career entry on the chart & Britney's 37th 

HMC also debuts #14 on Billboard's Adult Contemporary chart this week. It's Elton's 76th career entry on the chart & Britney's 3rd!

:neydedance_purple::melt_weird_drift_wow:

Keep streaming and buying! 

Keep it up folks send it to your teachers family friends colleagues everyone must hear hungry music video GIF

Britney was also basically blacklisted by radio for years too. Hardly any stations were playing her, (I’m speaking from my experience with radio in Colorado) - one station even “premiered” pretty girls (I honestly think they only played because of Iggy) but literally 1 minute into the song, the DJ cut it off and said that’s enough of that, he laughed and said they wouldn’t be playing it again. I was appalled. I stopped listening to them. Lol, but yeah… I don’t recall her having heavy radio play post Blackout. So the fact that this is doing so well after only 3 days is promising. 🤞 she deserves a #1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block