Andrew Watt, producer of #HoldMeCloser , revealed that Britney Spears took FULL CONTROL in the studio

3 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

OMG it sounds like Britney has what it takes to be a producer. I'd love to see her dabble in that if she decides to not come back to performing just yet. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Max Martiney is coming, y'all. All hail Giorgio Moroderney. ...I can't think of any other music producers... will.i.amney? :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

Since she wrote the riff/melody for Everytime, she certainly has the ear for good melody.

And considering all the great melodies and songs she has chosen throughout her career, I would say she has more than earned the right to produce if she really wants to. Girl has an ear for hits.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

OMG it sounds like Britney has what it takes to be a producer. I'd love to see her dabble in that if she decides to not come back to performing just yet. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Max Martiney is coming, y'all. All hail Giorgio Moroderney. ...I can't think of any other music producers... will.i.amney? :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

Danja, Bloodshy & Avant, The guy who made Breathe on Me, The guy who did And Then We Kiss, Stuart Price, Nile Rodgers, all the big goons!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Greg Sargent said:

Since she wrote the riff/melody for Everytime, she certainly has the ear for good melody.

And considering all the great melodies and songs she has chosen throughout her career, I would say she has more than earned the right to produce if she really wants to. Girl has an ear for hits.

Yeah, didn't she personally choose all of the songs meant for Glory along with that RCA rep? Absolutely deserves to be a music producer. Wasn't she even executive producer on ITZ or Blackout or something?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Kaz90 said:

I guess we can put the suggestions that DEVILton John was responsible for the final product to rest now. BRITNEY wanted the song this way. Please believe your vocals WERE ALL AMAZING QUEEN!

Maybe she also felt like it was rude to sing more than Elton or that she wasn’t worthy to have her own solos….

Guys please chill it was like 2-3 seconds of ad lib. Britney still dominate the track. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 4
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

I love how involved she was. I’m disappointed about the ad libs since the producer said they were so good and so her (+ amazing runs??!) but I love that Britney’s vision came to life. 

I think she really didn’t want it to be her song but their song and that’s fair. 

She has multiple runs and ad libs in there.. are y’all really missing the “oh babeh” that much? :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Haha 7
23 minutes ago, Greg Sargent said:

Its so interesting learning how Britney is tweaking her own input to make a song catchier and more energetic with random adlibs. 

i wonder how the other popgirls tweak their songs? 
christina probably screams more disjointed mess into the microphone

Christina Aguilera Singing GIF by E!

i can see Bey changing “the” into “da” and collecting her writing credit

Beyonce Hide GIF

It’s funny.. cause it’s true. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, 1stopBopshop said:

As much as we would love to hear Britney run through every scale she can muster. It sounds to me like she knows that a little restraint can be a far more powerful tool when trying to create a great song. That's a respectful, and necessary quality of any pop stat worth a damn to have.

Some artists don’t know about restraint in their vocals and the song becomes an unlistenable screaming mess :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad::byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat::fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Christina Aguilera Singing GIF by E!

Britney knows how to use her voice and tone 

• Haha 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block