Andrew Watt, producer of #HoldMeCloser , revealed that Britney Spears took FULL CONTROL in the studio

2 minutes ago, Dave92 said:

I guess that’s a matter of interpretation. She laid down the vocals and added what sounded good to her, who’s to say she was there for the very final mixing? 

Do you really think post-Conservatorship anyone would dare do something without final approval from Britney? The producer said SHE had control, this is what she wanted and we should accept that.

• Love 1

Andrew: it was awsome to watch Britney crush it on track, He continued: "And it was really awesome to witness and see her be so powerful and crush it. She sounds incredible on the record, and she was involved all the way up until the final mix."

"She was so free and improv-ing over it. That's where all the adlibs came from; she was playing off of the drop and that melody. Those moments are so 'her' and so much of her personality," he said. "I love that they're signing together, that their voices worked so good together," he said. "Once she sang that chorus, I threw my headphones in the air. I was like, 'Oh my God. It's like Britney Spears' voice singing 'Tiny Dancer.' It's just iconic and amazing."

"She came up with her own ideas. She wanted to speed up the record a little bit, and we did that," he said. "She knew exactly what she wanted to do. She had spent tons of time with the record; she knew all the lyrics; it was like, her thing."

John told The Guardian that it was actually his husband David Furnish's idea to bring Spears on for a feature. Because she was on her honeymoon at the time with husband Sam Asghari, she recorded her part at Watt's studio in Los Angeles in under two hours.Music Video Hair Flip GIFThe legendary piano man responded to Spears' video, saying she "made my day."

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, DirtyRokBoi22 said:

Andrew: it was awsome to watch Britney crush it on track, He continued: "And it was really awesome to witness and see her be so powerful and crush it. She sounds incredible on the record, and she was involved all the way up until the final mix."

"She was so free and improv-ing over it. That's where all the adlibs came from; she was playing off of the drop and that melody. Those moments are so 'her' and so much of her personality," he said. "I love that they're signing together, that their voices worked so good together," he said. "Once she sang that chorus, I threw my headphones in the air. I was like, 'Oh my God. It's like Britney Spears' voice singing 'Tiny Dancer.' It's just iconic and amazing."

"She came up with her own ideas. She wanted to speed up the record a little bit, and we did that," he said. "She knew exactly what she wanted to do. She had spent tons of time with the record; she knew all the lyrics; it was like, her thing."

John told The Guardian that it was actually his husband David Furnish's idea to bring Spears on for a feature. Because she was on her honeymoon at the time with husband Sam Asghari, she recorded her part at Watt's studio in Los Angeles in under two hours.Music Video Hair Flip GIFThe legendary piano man responded to Spears' video, saying she "made my day."

Then why they edited her vocals that much?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block