Andrew Watt, producer of #HoldMeCloser , revealed that Britney Spears took FULL CONTROL in the studio

4 hours ago, KrisJ said:

“Spears recorded the falsetto parts first, then the lines where she belts. Watt never had to ask her to do anything, and watched as she exacted her own high standards. “She kept going: ‘Nope, again, again, again.’” Then she had an “amazing idea”, he says. “She wanted to listen to the music a bunch of times and she started doing all her incredible ad libs that make the record so her. Tiny Dancer with her voice is special enough, but then she went through and did all these amazing runs.”

Once they had recorded, Spears was “incredibly specific” about how she wanted her vocals and levels mixed, he says. “She was really collaborative and had really good ideas about the production. She’s an expert in music to make you dance.” “

So from this is sounds like SHE wanted her vocals layered and incorporated into the song her way. 

:yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

Britney's success is on her own accord, All the things we know from her, have been her ideas; This isn't surprising. This record was a nice ice breaker for sure, she's gonna come full force doing everything her way. I'm excited to hear what she does on her own terms (and recording at night instead of half drugged early in the A.M. Like Lou Forced her to).

• Like 1

I cried while reading this, makes me so so happy to read about her being able to finally enjoy and take control over her creative process, like the pro she is :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: And it warms my heart that Elton and the producer are so supportive of her :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

And above all I'm so proud of Britney for facing her fears head-on by releasing this song. After all the trauma and exploitation she's gone through in the music business, it cannot have been easy for her, but she went ahead and did it anyway which just shows how strong she is!

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jennyj said:

But why is her Instagram still deactivated on launch day???  Does she not care for the song even though she had creative say?

Because she has more important things in her mind than pleasing us, maybe.

There's a lot going on in her life right now, let's let her be and not care about promo and enjoy the ******* song.

• Love 1

I’m so happy to read this. It must have been so refreshing. I hope it helped her rediscover her love for music. Britney has always been the kind of artist to take control and be a perfectionist about it, I hope this helped her combat her anxiety a little. She’s a true artist and it’s so amazing to watch her rediscover that part of herself real-time!

• Love 1

Damn… if she was so involved, it could explain why the final mixing pissed her off. She had a lot of presence in the first version. All those improvised parts were hers according to this interview… so it could explain why she called he self a background vocalist and deleted her IG. 

Hope not. Britney, if you are somehow here, you did an amazing job. Your voice is amazing and the song is not even half as good with even just a few of your ad-libs missing. The original version literally became iconic sounding with your first syllable alone.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Dave92 said:

Damn… if she was so involved, it could explain why the final mixing pissed her off. She had a lot of presence in the first version. All those improvised parts were hers according to this interview… so it could explain why she called he self a background vocalist and deleted her IG. 

Hope not. Britney, if you are somehow here, you did an amazing job. Your voice is amazing and the song is not even half as good with even just a few of your ad-libs missing. The original version literally became iconic sounding with your first syllable alone.

Actually it’s most likely Britney decided the final version, that’s why the producer said she had control over the layering and vocals. They would absolutely not have released something she wasn’t happy with.

6 minutes ago, Kaz90 said:

Actually it’s most likely Britney decided the final version, that’s why the producer said she had control over the layering and vocals. They would absolutely not have released something she wasn’t happy with.

I guess that’s a matter of interpretation. She laid down the vocals and added what sounded good to her, who’s to say she was there for the very final mixing? 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block