Jump to content

Were you guys fans of Nsync? I have a confession to make and it's that


Recommended Posts

  • Content Curators

I think their music sucks.

I recently sat down and listened to them and aside from This I Promise You, It's Gonna Be Me, If I'm Not The One and somewhat Bye Bye Bye their music does nothing for me.

Why were they so big?

Why wasn't JC Chasez bigger? He sings way better than Justin :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

 

  • Love 2
  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

And about JC:

I asked myself that too!

He was more hot, talented and charismatic than Justin

Jc was wayyy hotter, Britney should have dated him instead. He seems like a nice person.

I loved one of his songs from that scrapped album. 

His voice gives me chills on This I Promise You.

  • Love 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Midnight said:

Jc was wayyy hotter, Britney should have dated him instead. He seems like a nice person.

I loved one of his songs from that scrapped album. 

His voice gives me chills on This I Promise You.

Definitely!
Maybe Britney would've had a better and easier life if she dated JC instead of Justin.

Yeah he has such a beautiful voice!

I could see why besides Justin, he also sang lead in their albums

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Nsync had popularity but it didn't explode until Britney kick started the "Teen Pop" area. Nsync, and many other artist who were young enough to be considered 'teens' jumped on that wave; it gave them much bigger success than deserved. Those artist who had closer relations to Britney heavily profited from the attention. Britney was Nsyncs opening act and she knew JC and Justin from Mickey Mouse Club days. Its Tearing up My Heart was a decent hit in 1998 but it gained longevity and a larger audience throughout 1999 because of Britneys teen pop 'movement'.

JC was better looking and a much better singer, but Britney chose Justin.

  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment

it was a different time and i understand that now it's kinda difficult to sit through an entire NSYNC album.

bubblegum pop has aged pretty badly, aside from classics like britney's early songs or xtina's... i think, at least internationally, backstreet boys are more remembered and appreciated than nsync.

i used to enjoy their music very much growing up (and i was a justin fan :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:). my favs were Pop, Gone and Tell Me, Tell Me, Baby (which wasn't very well known but it's still a bop imo!)

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I respectfully disagree. They had some exceptionally stellar pop songs during what was considered the peak of pop music (95-04). Unlike the Backstreet Boys where each member was significantly unique and complemented eachother, *NSYNC really only had 1 standout member, which was Justin (JC was also a great singer but lacked the charisma and star power that JT had). Were their pop peers, the Backstreet Boys technically better and more consistent? Absolutely, which is probably why they churned out more albums and continue to tour/make music but that’s not to say that NSYNC didn’t have the bangers either. NSYNC also mainly disbanded because of Justin’s potential to go solo…and well he became one of the biggest male artists of the last 20 years. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

When it comes to their music, Tearin’ Up My Heart, Bye Bye Bye and Gone are literally 3 of some of the greatest pop songs of all time. I’d even rank TUMH in the Top 20 Greatest Pop Songs of All Time list. That hook is utterly insane. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: Literally ear ******* candy. :melt_weird_drift_wow:

Other stellar tracks are I Drive Myself Crazy, Selfish, Just Don’t Tell Me That, No Strings Attached, If I’m Not the One, Girlfriend, God Must Have Spent ( :melt_weird_drift_wow: ), I’ll Never Stop ( :melt_weird_drift_wow: ), It’s Gonna Be Me, Falling, Up Against the Wall, I Want You Back, The Game is Over, Celebrity, Tell Me, Tell Me… Baby ( :melt_weird_drift_wow: ), That Girl and See Right Through You. 

These are all top-tier pop songs, majority non-singles. Not bad for a boy band who only churned out 3 studio albums. Sure, you can say they were a product of their time but so were a lot of other pop acts of the 90s and 2000s. Doesn’t mean they didn’t deserve their fame or success. They worked tirelessly, had big budget projects/tours/music videos, had endless bangers and could all sing very well. A huge part of their success and the reason why they were able to maintain the longevity they had was because of Justin. He was the fresh face of male pop around the turn of the century. He was exceptionally musically gifted, had looks, could sing, could dance, could write, was extremely charming and was able to do it all aka the male Britney. Speaking of Britney, his relationship with her also complimented his superstardom even more than what it was. There is a reason why girls were head over heels obsessed with him during his hey-day. 

  • Love 4
  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, princessmimi said:

And about JC:

I asked myself that too!

He was more hot, talented and charismatic than Justin

Justin only became big cause he profited off his breakup with Britney.

Other wise, he would've just been another has been boyband member

All of this couldn’t be more far from true. 

Objectively, Justin was was far more attractive, musically gifted, and way more charismatic than JC. Justin was the one who carried the band at the turn of the century hence why he was always displayed at the forefront. He also wrote and co-produced a portion of the band’s music; 3 of their last singles being written (and produced) by him, and was what like Beyoncé was to Destiny’s Child. He was already a global superstar before his breakup with Britney and was able to successfully transition into an adult solo artist because of his musical talent, charisma and star power. JC was given the opportunity to go solo but miserably flopped because the majority of the people who followed NSYNC were primarily into Justin. Did his break-up with Britney excel his stardom? Absolutely, but that’s not to say he would have just been another boy band member when he had the most potential, in almost every department, out of all of his band mates.

Like you can’t sit here and tell me that all eyes weren’t on Justin. He had charisma and sense of humor for days.


Note that a majority of these videos/interviews are before he even confirmed his relationship with Britney and yet all eyes were on him.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, ElenaB said:

it was a different time and i understand that now it's kinda difficult to sit through an entire NSYNC album.

bubblegum pop has aged pretty badly, aside from classics like britney's early songs or xtina's... i think, at least internationally, backstreet boys are more remembered and appreciated than nsync.

i used to enjoy their music very much growing up (and i was a justin fan :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:). my favs were Pop, Gone and Tell Me, Tell Me, Baby (which wasn't very well known but it's still a bop imo!)

Tell Me, Tell Me Baby is such a bop :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

The hit that got away :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

  • Love 2
Link to comment
  • Exhale+
10 hours ago, Midnight said:

I think their music sucks.

I recently sat down and listened to them and aside from This I Promise You, It's Gonna Be Me, If I'm Not The One and somewhat Bye Bye Bye their music does nothing for me.

Why were they so big?

Why wasn't JC Chasez bigger? He sings way better than Justin :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

 

I liked BSB, but switched to NSYNC after it was out of vogue to like BSB (No Strings Attached era). I was HORN-knee for Lance. But the music? the only song I could tolerate listening to now is the song with Left Eye.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, ElenaB said:

it was a different time and i understand that now it's kinda difficult to sit through an entire NSYNC album.

bubblegum pop has aged pretty badly, aside from classics like britney's early songs or xtina's... i think, at least internationally, backstreet boys are more remembered and appreciated than nsync.

i used to enjoy their music very much growing up (and i was a justin fan :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:). my favs were Pop, Gone and Tell Me, Tell Me, Baby (which wasn't very well known but it's still a bop imo!)

The Backstreet boys were bigger in Europe the main reason is: They launched their career in Europe. The first US-album is a best of. 

spacer.png

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Gonna be honest Justin made me realize I was gay once I saw him in the tearin’ up my heart video in the white tank top. He was so hot back then. Now I’m like nahhh. 

*NSYNC did more choreography so that’s why I liked them more. They were soo huge back in then. JC I thought always had the better voice but once Justin started dating Britney he took off has the main dude in the band. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
  • Content Curators
11 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

I respectfully disagree. They had some exceptionally stellar pop songs during what was considered the peak of pop music (95-04). Unlike the Backstreet Boys where each member was significantly unique and complemented eachother, *NSYNC really only had 1 standout member, which was Justin (JC was also a great singer but lacked the charisma and star power that JT had). Were their pop peers, the Backstreet Boys technically better and more consistent? Absolutely, which is probably why they churned out more albums and continue to tour/make music but that’s not to say that NSYNC didn’t have the bangers either. NSYNC also mainly disbanded because of Justin’s potential to go solo…and well he became one of the biggest male artists of the last 20 years. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

When it comes to their music, Tearin’ Up My Heart, Bye Bye Bye and Gone are literally 3 of some of the greatest pop songs of all time. I’d even rank TUMH in the Top 20 Greatest Pop Songs of All Time list. That hook is utterly insane. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: Literally ear ******* candy. :melt_weird_drift_wow:

Other stellar tracks are I Drive Myself Crazy, Selfish, Just Don’t Tell Me That, No Strings Attached, If I’m Not the One, Girlfriend, God Must Have Spent ( :melt_weird_drift_wow: ), I’ll Never Stop ( :melt_weird_drift_wow: ), It’s Gonna Be Me, Falling, Up Against the Wall, I Want You Back, The Game is Over, Celebrity, Tell Me, Tell Me… Baby ( :melt_weird_drift_wow: ), That Girl and See Right Through You. 

These are all top-tier pop songs, majority non-singles. Not bad for a boy band who only churned out 3 studio albums. Sure, you can say they were a product of their time but so were a lot of other pop acts of the 90s and 2000s. Doesn’t mean they didn’t deserve their fame or success. They worked tirelessly, had big budget projects/tours/music videos, had endless bangers and could all sing very well. A huge part of their success and the reason why they were able to maintain the longevity they had was because of Justin. He was the fresh face of male pop around the turn of the century. He was exceptionally musically gifted, had looks, could sing, could dance, could write, was extremely charming and was able to do it all aka the male Britney. Speaking of Britney, his relationship with her also complimented his superstardom even more than what it was. There is a reason why girls were head over heels obsessed with him during his hey-day. 

You made some really good points, maybe I guess I just had to be there in moment to have a better appreciation for their music. The music just didn't click with me.

In regards to JC and Justin I think that while Justin was cute JC had this very sensual, masculine allure to him which made him more attractive. 

I do love BSB Black & Blue is a masterpiece.

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...