Britney expresses her anger towards documentaries about her and that it was her voice that freed her from the conservatorship: HELPING ME? REALLY?

good that she removed the post maybe it was just a moment of anger (even if for the wrong reasons, she really gets mad for photos?).  I would just like to remind those who say that the only way to end the conservatorship was by her testimony that it is true, but not 100%.  britney had already testified in court years before with no results and just because it was registered (thanks covid lol) and leaked that it made such a big impact after we were all updating on the freebritney movement.  if it wasn't for the freebritney movement and documentaries that opened everyone's eyes there wouldn't have been such attention.  the impact they had is undeniable and then if you look at the NYT people they tell the facts in a very respectful way.  then who says documentaries are late?  are you serious?  you imagined everything that was happening behind the scenes before the famous podcast?  do not be ridiculous and be objective this post was not one of her best but she is human like us and has every right to make mistakes (finally) or have a thought that not everyone shares, I do not share her non-gratitude on documentaries but I respect that

• Love 5
  • Like 1

I do think the docs helped change the public perception of her situation and actually listen but if that’s how she feels, that’s totally valid. 
The media played a huge roll in making a big deal out of nothing and, in turn, turning nothing into unfair humiliation and immeasurable pressure which only lead to making things so much worse than they needed to be for her. Even pre con, she gave interviews begging for privacy and stating she was human but they didn’t listen. 
I found footage in those docs hard to watch, I can’t imagine what it’s like for her to have it brought up all over again. I understand her feelings on this though I don’t think she has anything to be ashamed of. The media should be ashamed. She was just a very young woman learning how to navigate through a life that even her peers would struggle to comprehend. She deserved better then and she deserves better now. I love her so much and truely hope she finds a way to heal the hurt. 

• Like 3

i think Britney will look back at this at another time and maybe change her perspective. for now i completely understand her point of view but i believe maybe she is still too close to the problem to see what we saw and to maybe consider that, yes her testimony is what freed her, but the only reason she was given a voice again was because of public interest in her case - ironic is the same reason she was put in one - and the documentaries may have greatly added to public interest.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, mr. ferret said:

Please, the fans were the basis of this movement. It was ten years of horrible work, school level performances and bad records. The entire fanbase was understanding and stood with her. It could have been very different and she could have become an Xtina, I wanted to see if without free britney she could have gotten out of that hole. I wasn't an active part of the movement but I saw how much they were ridiculed, a conspiracy theory, and now she comes with this futility because of paparazzi photos...no one is going to put up with this chirping from her for much longer. She acts like a spoiled brat sometimes.

A spoiled brat... Omg... What Wendy said! 

32 minutes ago, Lisa88007 said:

I didn’t know you were part of the inner circle of all this lol 

I’ll take Britney’s word of what happened behind the scenes over some random fan lol 

It’s quite literally how the world works. We know for fact that all signed nda’s. Did you not see how quickly fe shot down discussion of Lou Taylor? How she said she would chew her up and spit her out? Y’all are always so salty if you don’t understand something from the jump. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MissBritneyFanDK said:

Complaine because you have to walk to your car... really. Come on Britney. 

I don't think she is complaining about that per se but the irony of it. At least that's how I took it 

I'm always on the fence about the docs but after giving it thought it really was her who freed herself, after all she is the one that stood up for herself and decided to stop working for them and that's when they sent her off to the facility and the rest unfolded from there. I will never understand people telling her how she should feel or that she is being ungrateful. 

Need I remind yall she has never been anyone's victim, its something I've always admired about her. And she doesnt owe anyone anything, she didnt aske us to fight for her and if you were in the freebritney movement only to be recognized then you weren't doing it for the right reasons.

She is literally the only person in the world who has gone through this. Has there been other conservatorship abuse before? Absolutely, but none of them had the level of fame she has or was forced to work through it and for that reason I simply respect her experience and hope she finds healing in being able to express herself.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, gloryo said:

good that she removed the post maybe it was just a moment of anger (even if for the wrong reasons, she really gets mad for photos?).  I would just like to remind those who say that the only way to end the conservatorship was by her testimony that it is true, but not 100%.  britney had already testified in court years before with no results and just because it was registered (thanks covid lol) and leaked that it made such a big impact after we were all updating on the freebritney movement.  if it wasn't for the freebritney movement and documentaries that opened everyone's eyes there wouldn't have been such attention.  the impact they had is undeniable and then if you look at the NYT people they tell the facts in a very respectful way.  then who says documentaries are late?  are you serious?  you imagined everything that was happening behind the scenes before the famous podcast?  do not be ridiculous and be objective this post was not one of her best but she is human like us and has every right to make mistakes (finally) or have a thought that not everyone shares, I do not share her non-gratitude on documentaries but I respect that

Very good post, and I like what you said about people who are saying the documentaries were made too late.

I would say to anyone criticising the time of the docs and saying they should have been made years ago: where was YOUR documentary? What effort did you personally put in over the past 13/14 years to help bring awareness to the entire world about Britney’s situation? If you didn’t do anything either, then it seems unfair to accuse the ones who did make a documentary of taking too long - at least they did it! 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

You have a very bad case of main character energy syndrome and it needs to stop. You twist almost every narrative to make it about yourself and your age. The secondhand cringe and embarrassment, truly. 

It’s always about me honey, I’m Britney you’re Jamie Lynn. Deal with it. :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

• Love 1

The world wouldn’t have noticed and the pressure wouldn’t have been on if it wasn’t for the push from the documentaries. She also spoke up a year or two prior and nobody paid attention. 

She should at least watch them or understand what was in them. Her voice was the starting point but the documentaries kept the ball rolling in a BIG way. She’s so misinformed 

• Love 3
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, x.rox said:

Her behaviour towards those that absolutely made an impact on her freedom journey is absolutely defined as UNGRATEFUL. There’s absolutely no other word to describe it. And there’s no excuse for it either. Like come on get a ******* grip. Get off social media while you’re educated on what’s what after being confined for 13 years. Her anger is misplaced on the WRONG people. We aren’t talking about “the media” we are talking about a handful of activists and journalists who took her case on to shed light on it to HELP HER. **** OFF. 

You think you know her situation and it’s up to you to decide when she should get over it and move on because you and the fans “saved her”. Please get over your Jesus complex and come to terms with the fact that you and the media did not save her. People act as though this was some great activist triumph but true activist don’t do this for the thank you they do it because it’s what is right. If she offends you so maybe you should move on and stop call yourself a fan you obviously don’t need her and sad to say she certainly doesn’t need you. **** you very much and have a nice day 

Edited by shanemw1
Mixed up responses
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, IconicShow said:

Thanks to the New York Times documentary we found out about black box and the secret recordings which is one of the things that can finally get Jamie spears Lou Taylor and Robin Green Hill under More Court pressure had that have not been exposed who knows what would be going on.

True, too. One more thing and I’m moving on.

There was no way for the people making docs & those participating in the docs via interviews could get Britney’s consent to discuss anything about her because nobody was allowed to get close to her or even get a message through to her because Team Con was in control of everything. The filmmakers  reached out to her team but, of course,😑they never told her, and even if they would have informed her about it they would never have let her be part of it. Britney knows better than anyone on earth what those people are about!!

As for Britney feeling upset that the documentaries talking too much about the years that lead up to the conservatorship instead of focusing on telling everything that happened to her during those 13 years she was locked in a conservatorship … only Britney KNOWS what happened to her. That’s her experience and it’s her story to tell!!! Nobody spoke for her. So she can tell all if she wants to. Maybe that’s where her autobiography comes into play. She doesn’t have to do the typical promo junket. Just release the book and let it speak for itself.

Just like she had to be the one to speak up in court to free herself from her conservatorship, it’s gonna have to be Britney who tells the world about ALL of the people involved in any aspect of the conservatorship & tell what exactly it is that they did to her.

Britney’s healing and her recovery is all in her hands. It’s on her now. I wish her all the best. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I know that nobody wants to hear this but...

She's right.

From a legal perspective, the fans and journalists did very little to help her.

It all came 13 years too late...And what help did come had very little impact on the legal moves that the various parties' attorneys were making.

The attention may have lit a fire under Lynne Spears ***...But that only did so much.

Almost everything that was achieved was achieved by Britney herself. 

This wasn't the first time she spoke out though, it was the first time that the public heard her testimony. She stated in the leaked testimony that she last time she spoke out, she felt like she wasn't heard. So, I do feel like it was the public that played a role in her being freed, both with her testimony (that was leaked) and the public documentaries.

Also, does Britney forget that she's a public figure? More documentaries have been made about her than celebrities she named because she's not very private with her life, everything that happened to her happened in the public eye, so its a bit weird to then be angry at the public when they were on her side. Also, Will Smith probably wasn't the best reference, that was in the media nonstop. You can't really have it both ways, or always have it your way.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.