Kim K “People didn’t know who Marilyn Monroe is till I wore that dress”

• Super Mods
26 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

How can you be a graduated psychologist and half diagnose a stranger based on one statement that can be interpreted as one symptom. You know that’s not how diagnosing works. 

As you wrote to another person there is a difference between a narcissistic trait and narcissistic personality disorder. The latter, the patient will have to possess multiple traits! So how do you base a personality disorder half diagnosis on a stranger from one statement when you are a psychologist and never had her as a client? You think you look professional? Or just eager to flaunt your “professional” “capabilities” through unprofessional foundation? 

Also you know that personality disorders can’t be cured right? You can provide tools for patients to live happier lives, but how exactly are you going to treat her then? 

And I'm assuming you're a psychologist who knows all this for a fact? 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, MortalMarshmallow said:

I know this for a fact yes. Why don't you?

because you only think you know all this for a fact.

1. It's very easy to diagnose a person with NPD (something you obviously dont know but think you do). They behave according to a pattern, a text-book pattern. 

2. I graduated psychology, I work in Digital Marketing & PR, so it's not my profession

3. Treatment doesn't mean curing someone, it means giving them the right tools to cope with their disorder.

One thing that irks me online, even nowadays when im 30 and should know better than to argue with strangers, is when people like you, who know next to nothing about a specific thing, decide to play very smart, filled with certain type of self-confidence. 

I'll stop quarrelling with you here. Probably won't respond to your next answer as I highly doubt you have anything of quality to bring to the table. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I hated that Kim wore Marilyn’s dresses but y’all really taking Kim’s words out of context. If you’re going to quote her, then quote her accurately. She was extremely humble and respectful talking about Marilyn and the dress. People hate on Kim because it’s the “cool” thing to do, just how it was “cool” to hate on Britney in the early 2000s.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxKvQyGij2nK-WvfNIUk1QwW173InWj0Dr

This cool on hate someone is so outdated and cringey.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

when people like you, who know next to nothing about a specific thing,

You know nothing about what i know about.

But you can't answer my questions and no professional psychologist would go online and diagnose strangers with a personality disorder based on one statement. And no, diagnosing people with personality disorders is not very easy. What is your thorough psychological evaluation based on? Again you wont answer cuz your half diagnosis is based on unprofessional foundation.

Based on your system, diagnosing people with NPD, from one trait, one statement, i will give you the diagnosis of NPD based on you "showing arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitude". It's that easy right?  

Boy bye.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

This cool on hate someone is so outdated and cringey.

It is outdated and cringey but I still see a lot of comedians take a quick jab at the Kardashians for an easy laugh. They did the same with JBieb; I couldn’t stand the guy then but I even had the right sense to see how they were using him as an easy laugh. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

because you only think you know all this for a fact.

You're such a liar. Seems like you have never been around any psychologists or anybody involved in psychology. Even Google can tell you you're dead wrong on this one. Prove me wrong? No you can't, cuz then you would have.

Oh sorry now i get it, you are a psychologist, not a psychiatrist which means you are not even allowed to diagnose anybody because you are not educated to at all. How come nobody told you that? That's super unsettling lol. Or just super telling of your honesty.  

Did she really say that? :pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised: Everyone knows Marilyn! You either know her secondhand from "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" and its infinite homages (like Madonna's "Material Girl" or Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn) or you directly know her from the ICONIC scene from "The Seven Year Itch"!

Even if you've never seen either movie, you know those moments because they are just so foundational in pop culture and Hollywood history!

Not to mention the whole "affair with an American president and possibly assassinated by his people" conspiracy!

THE AUDACITY.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Invitation said:

But... what was written in this title implied a way more pointed tone than what she actually said...

Exactly! I posted the actual interview and she didnt say it the way the OP posted. I grew a big Marilyn fan and HATED that they let Kim wear that historic dress, but the OP worded her quote that way to specifically get people mad and reacting. :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh:

• Like 1

People need to realize that as new generations come, not everyone will know or understand the relevance of certain people or "icons."

Today's generation may know the name Marilyn Monroe but be honest, what could they have been exposed to in the last 20 years that would make them truly know who she is? Outside of pop culture, she's not a historical figure that is talked about and even then, depending on where you focus on in pop culture, some people will never hear about her.

Check out this video of kids watching Madonna. To us, she's an icon and music legend yet these kids have no idea who she is. It really puts things into perspective:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.