Kim K “People didn’t know who Marilyn Monroe is till I wore that dress”

2 hours ago, Sia said:

People need to realize that as new generations come, not everyone will know or understand the relevance of certain people or "icons."

Today's generation may know the name Marilyn Monroe but be honest, what could they have been exposed to in the last 20 years that would make them truly know who she is? Outside of pop culture, she's not a historical figure that is talked about and even then, depending on where you focus on in pop culture, some people will never hear about her.

Check out this video of kids watching Madonna. To us, she's an icon and music legend yet these kids have no idea who she is. It really puts things into perspective:

My favorite kid said is this lady gaga

• Love 1
17 hours ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

She ain't lying. I mean what Gen Z knows about everything pre 2000?

you got a point. A lot of people started gaslighting her for "ruining" something they most likely had no idea existed before. What's the criteria on judging someone when "you" are not educated on it either?

Nowadays it's simply considered cool to find a common thing to hate and express negativity, what weird times.

• Super Mods
8 hours ago, Korb said:

This is what gave it away?:fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

ofc it did. It's equal to you saying "People didn't even know who Whitney Huston was until I sang I will always love you" 

Only someone with NPD can reach such levels of delusion.

• Like 2
  • Super Mods

UGH that comment is SO disgusting and shows her arrogance!

She's such an attention wh*re.

The fact that she had the audacity to say no one knew Marilyn before she destroyed her dress with her plastic fake azz just shows how delusional she is.

Now I know why her and Kanye were together,

THEY'RE THE SAME! 

btw Marilyn Monroe will still be remembered 50-100 yrs from now while the Kar-trash-ians will be forgotten and hopefully disappear!

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, princessmimi said:

UGH that comment is SO disgusting and shows her arrogance!

She's such an attention wh*re.

The fact that she had the audacity to say no one knew Marilyn before she destroyed her dress with her plastic fake azz just shows how delusional she is.

Now I know why her and Kanye were together,

THEY'RE THE SAME! 

btw Marilyn Monroe will still be remembered 50-100 yrs from now while the Kar-trash-ians will be forgotten and hopefully disappear!

You and the OP are part of what's wrong with click bait today. First off, the OP is doing a disservice to the readers by putting something in quotes that wasn't even said. For a fan base that hates TMZ, y'all sure do like to follow their formula.

Second, Kim actually said she was shocked some people didn't know who she was...AND I QUOTE:

"That was the most shocking thing to me and that's why I was so happy to at least have that opportunity and that Ripley's gave me the opportunity to share this moment so that it could live on."

That was in response to the INTERVIEWER bringing up the comments being made on TikTok by some people saying they didn't know who she was.

I swear....ya'll will reach for anything.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
7 hours ago, Sia said:

You and the OP are part of what's wrong with click bait today. First off, the OP is doing a disservice to the readers by putting something in quotes that wasn't even said. For a fan base that hates TMZ, y'all sure do like to follow their formula.

Second, Kim actually said she was shocked some people didn't know who she was...AND I QUOTE:

"That was the most shocking thing to me and that's why I was so happy to at least have that opportunity and that Ripley's gave me the opportunity to share this moment so that it could live on."

That was in response to the INTERVIEWER bringing up the comments being made on TikTok by some people saying they didn't know who she was.

I swear....ya'll will reach for anything.

Hey you didnt have to comment if you dont agree with me.

You just want to fight, how pathetic.

I said what I said and THATS IT!

• Haha 1

I saw a comment about people saying people find it cool to hate on Kim and its just like when people used to hate on britney 😒 all I'm going to say is that whilst kim does get some unfair backlash  , this is also the same woman who shamelessly cultural appropriates, sets harmful beauty trends , is an extreme narcissist and is horrible to her employees who have complained about working for her. She is proof that money cannot buy class because even if I had all the money in the world I would still have enough common sense and sanity to not starve myself to wear a dress that doesn't fit from a dead woman who clearly didn't want anybody to wear it . Also I'm 16 years old and I would say the majority of gen z know who Marilyn is:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 1

Marilyn Monroe is a timeless icon, Kim is…well….:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: I’m sure there are really young kids on tik tok who don’t know about Marilyn, just as there are probably young kids on tik tok who don’t know who Kim Kardashian is :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: Let’s just hope Kim stays away from historical artifacts and clothing from now on. These are to be admired for future generations, not touched and worn/destroyed. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Hey you didnt have to comment if you dont agree with me.

You just want to fight, how pathetic.

I said what I said and THATS IT!

Haha…pretty sure this has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. Your ENTIRE comment is based on the FAKE quote the OP posted but I’M the pathetic one?

Wow…and you have the audacity to call Kim arrogant? Talk about pot calling the kettle black.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
11 minutes ago, Sia said:

Haha…pretty sure this has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. Your ENTIRE comment is based on the FAKE quote the OP posted but I’M the pathetic one?

Wow…and you have the audacity to call Kim arrogant? Talk about pot calling the kettle black.

She basically said that in the article/thread.

Are u seriously denying that??

And you DONT even know me, so how can u say im arrogant?!

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block