I hate the myth fans created about Outrageous music video

I hate seeing this kind of tweet every other week. ''I'll never forgive the Outrageous MV for this day''. I mean, shut up? :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: Britney fans need to stop talking about this situation as if Britney lost her talent that day, yes she broke her knee or whatever, this happens to dancers all the time and happened to Britney TONS of times, never stopped her of getting better and performing again after each time. :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

The thing is after the conservatorship Britney was not into her career and performing anymore and didn't give her 100% when performing, so fans assumed she wasn't as good as before, because of the Outrageous incident. We need to change that conversation. We've seen countless videos of Britney dancing her **** off (no pun intended) AFTER that day. So no it didn't change anything regarding her dancing. I'm gonna need Britney fans to stop saying those dumb things cause it's so tired at this point. :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

She actually addressed this in 2006 I believe for a magazine interview. She said she felt like it affected her ability to dance like she did when she was younger and she still had pain in her leg or something along those lines

I’m not saying Britney isn’t a talented dancer still, but there was definitely a difference in how she danced after this incident and to not admit that is a bit delusional lol

Can you try to find the interview?

But again it was 2006 and it's 2022 now and the fanbase still talk about it as the day Britney "lost her talent"... doesn't make any sense for me and will never do. :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

54 minutes ago, Mutya said:

Can you try to find the interview?

But again it was 2006 and it's 2022 now and the fanbase still talk about it as the day Britney "lost her talent"... doesn't make any sense for me and will never do. :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

It's the people magazine interview I thi k. Where she's on the couch in the green dress. 

She said something like. When she pushes herself, she can feel it in her knee so it' scares her or something along those lines 

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, richluv0715 said:

It's the people magazine interview I thi k. Where she's on the couch in the green dress. 

She said something like. When she pushes herself, she can feel it in her knee so it' scares her or something along those lines 

a knee fracture is often more scary than anything else. people probably get 100% or their movement back after a while and with the right therapy but the psychological effects I feel last longer.

my mom broke her ankle once and years later she’s still sometimes scared. but her foot healed perfectly so she went to therapy about it and got over it.

maybe Britney case is different but his has been my experience.

• Like 1

I don't think it's only the knee injury, I think it's the fact the song is not very well liked and Britney herself didn't care much for it either and didn't want it as a single. But her label made her release it anyway so you add with the fact she broke her knee right in this video, is no wonder this myth was created.

• Like 1

I kinda hate many myths around Britney. Like the one where her vocal cords are damaged because of the baby voice which makes her sing out of tune and in wrong register, it's almost universally agreed as a fact despite no factual evidence, to a point where even the youtube "vocal coaches" keep telling it as a truth.... Despite the fact that she barely even performed live vocals since like 2000. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

She didn't lose her ability to dance, she didn't lose her ability to sing etc etc, all she lost was her confidence and passion towards her career and art. People tend to forget that dancing and singing are not natural gifts like all the talent tv shows want us to believe, they are skills and skills require upkeep. Britney made dancing look easy and effortless, yet she would spend hundreds of hours in dancing studio and rehearsals during her prime years, and even the best singers in the world need vocal coaching regularly. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 5
  • Like 4

But it DID affect her dancing. She said it herself, and any fan who has watched her since Day 1 of her BOMT MV release would clearly see the difference.

I do think she's back to normal now though since it's been a long time of healing, recovery, and practicing, and she's free. The Slumber Party choreo shows that she can seamlessly drop to the floor and do complicated choreography with her knees and get back up with no issue now just like her old self. So whatever's next should be exciting.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Stannedforever said:

I kinda hate many myths around Britney. Like the one where her vocal cords are damaged because of the baby voice which makes her sing out of tune and in wrong register, it's almost universally agreed as a fact despite no factual evidence, to a point where even the youtube "vocal coaches" keep telling it as a truth.... Despite the fact that she barely even performed live vocals since like 2000. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

this is the one I hate the most, because even when she did sing live, she wouldn't do the "baby voice", but would sound much deeper. And this whole hate on the baby voice makes me question why those "fans" are even fans of Britney if they hate it so much :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

Not to mention Something to Talk About performance proved her "real voice" is still there, so what did the baby voice really ruin? As you said, any singer needs constant coaching, even Britney herself supposedly had one for Vegas didn't she? I mean, that was obviously a lie but the point is that at least she admitted to needing coaching.

In fact, wouldn't it have hurt her voice more if she actually sang with a deeper register all these years?

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, richluv0715 said:

People_US_Feb27_2006_28829.jpg

also off topic, the article starts saying she's at a Mexican food restaurant in Santa Monica wearing a sleeveless geometric print dress and tinted sunglasses, and it was around the time she was shooting Will & Grace, so I think it might've been the same day as this

013.jpg

023.jpg

• Love 2

she also listed hurting her knee as the worst thing that ever happened to her in cosmo in 2010 (im sure that stuff like the c-ship and losing her kids was worse and that was a sort of "censored" answer, but still)

i think it definitely put up a mental barrier of a sort... let's not forget she had also already hurt that knee while filming sometimes, and hurt it only a little while before while onstage during onyx - not to mention probably losing a lot of money from having to cancel onyx 

• Like 2

I think it did affect her and her ability to dance but it's more a psychological barrier imo. The mind is more powerful than people think. 

I do however believe that all this was also a result of being fed up with her whole career up until this point. When you look at her tour dates from her past 2 tours before Outrageous, it was literal insanity. She was working non stop and i think it affected her drive and passion. Plus the conservatorship later on. 

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

this is the one I hate the most, because even when she did sing live, she wouldn't do the "baby voice", but would sound much deeper. And this whole hate on the baby voice makes me question why those "fans" are even fans of Britney if they hate it so much :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

Not to mention Something to Talk About performance proved her "real voice" is still there, so what did the baby voice really ruin? As you said, any singer needs constant coaching, even Britney herself supposedly had one for Vegas didn't she? I mean, that was obviously a lie but the point is that at least she admitted to needing coaching.

In fact, wouldn't it have hurt her voice more if she actually sang with a deeper register all these years?

What’s funny about that performance is she starts in her deeper voice/more natural tone in that performance and she sounds off key and shaky. It isn’t until after the first chorus when she goes into the second verse when she starts singing in a higher key (the baby voice) that she has more control and sounds better. She is more trained in singing in the higher key than she is when she sings in her lower register. That’s very evident in her Instagram videos when she’s singing lower. But it’s obvious why she is more shaky in that tone, she’s sang in her higher register since 1998, of course she has more control in that range. Just listen to her outtakes in break the ice. 

On the injury...yes and no. I think it's delusional to blame it all on that injury because she definitely could (and can!) still dance her face off. But also I think it's a bit delusional to think an injury like that had no impact at all on her body/performance, especially as the years go by still focing your body to go hard. Anyone who played any sports knows this, you can still perform for sure, but you'll have to adjust to that new pain/fear your body feels, those ******* knee and ankle injuries take a toll. 

Also even without any serious injuries, none of us can move at 35-40 like we did when we were young. It's a little frustrating to see people expect bodies to be eternally 20.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block