The year was 2006 and FERGIE was on top of the world! Life Is Crazy, One day you are at the top of your fame; the next day people completely forget about you !

12 minutes ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

i think she, nelly furtado, gwen stefani and christina totally defined the year 2006 in the big leagues.
I remember listening to Fergie's first record every day when I was a kid, only 10 years old and already dancing like a ***** to her songs. :lustney_britney_glory_mm_make_me_shy_flirt_finger_bite_hat::madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

Don’t add Xtina into this list.

Fergie, Nelly and Gwen were the queens of the mid-to-late 2000s. 2005 to 2008 was their time.

Christina had success from 1999 to at least 2008. She was way more successful than them too.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

I never forgot about her, The Dutchess was huge and full of great hits. She took way too long with her second album and the end result was a complete train wreck whichever way you look at it. 

She should've released a second solo album before 2010 but that didn't happen. She could've had much more longevity with solo success if it was handled that way. 

• Like 3
19 hours ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

i think she, nelly furtado, gwen stefani and christina totally defined the year 2006 in the big leagues.
I remember listening to Fergie's first record every day when I was a kid, only 10 years old and already dancing like a ***** to her songs. :lustney_britney_glory_mm_make_me_shy_flirt_finger_bite_hat::madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

How did Xtina "define" 2006 when she only had 1 Top 10 hit that year? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: By that logic Cassie should be added to that list too. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

But yes Fergie was a queen. She had 3 #1 hits from a single album. She set the blueprint for so many popgirls. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I agree that fame is super fickle, but there has to be something that happened to her cause I thought she would have had, at least, another huge album no longer than a year or two after this one. Does anybody know what happened?

Also she is strange cause, she really is a talented singer and can do some extreme things on stage and yet, she just became kind of weird?! I dunno. her last album cycle and the anthem kind of buried her. 

19 minutes ago, Stefani said:

How did Xtina "define" 2006 when she only had 1 Top 10 hit that year?

Excuse meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how very dare you? Just because the songs didn't make it into billboard doesn't mean they weren't hits.

2006 was a MASSIVE year for Xtina and was definitely one of the top pop queens of that year

You couldn't go anywhere without hearing....You got soul, you got class You got style, you're badass

• Love 3
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Bigno said:

I agree that fame is super fickle, but there has to be something that happened to her cause I thought she would have had, at least, another huge album no longer than a year or two after this one. Does anybody know what happened?

Also she is strange cause, she really is a talented singer and can do some extreme things on stage and yet, she just became kind of weird?! I dunno. her last album cycle and the anthem kind of buried her. 

i think its her addiction issues

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block