Did you think the reaction to Britney’s pregnancy announcement would be bigger than it was?

Not really, she already did the magazine announcement etc..I hope when the baby arrives she does one with sam or the wedding and family photos though I would love that and its a way she can make some coins off it.. :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone: anything helps after what her daddy and these ******* lawyers stole from her and loucifer etc.. momma needs make some money again to keep up with her well deserved lifestyle.. 

I think most people have come to realize that her conservatorship team was abusive and corrupt and they’re glad that she’s free of them and hope those who mistreated her get sued or sent to jail.

But that said — many people still worry about Britney and are concerned that she may be struggling right now and might not necessarily have a great/knowledgeable support team around her.

So I think a lot of people didn’t really know how to react to the pregnancy news. They didn’t want to be rude and they want Britney to be happy. But there’s also just some genuine concern because pregnancy and newborns and all those hormonal shifts can be hard on women, even those who didn’t just go through all the trauma Britney did. 

So I’m not surprised it didn’t make bigger news because I think some people are just at a loss about how to react. 

I just wanted to clarify to anyone that’s questioning it, that Britney did indeed finish school. She graduated with JT.

also, I’m pretty sure that the women does not want or need the added attention. Who knows? We might get a shoot with her baby when her book comes out. I see no reason for her to do anything “Hollywood-y” at the moment when she wants to feel normal. I know fans want to see her have like this ‘superstar aura’ but that’s not where her head is at. Also, get IG captions sounds like msgs I type when I’m overwhelmed, (idk maybe that’s why I wasn’t confused with her post) she probably reads it once and that’s that, it should be common knowledge since she sometimes puts things out there and deletes them later. 

Edited by _lebot
  • Love 1

First of all, it was trending worldwide. Like one second after she announced it. Second of all, this is her THIRD pregnancy, it's not that shocking. She even said in her testimony that she wanted a new kid. We didn't even get a professional photo of her with her belly, we didn't even get a photo of her, only a message that was confusing to a lot of people hahaha. Wait for her to get a visible belly... 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

The way it was announced had a lot of people uncomfortable about it/questioning it. The fetus talk didn’t help either. Unfortunately it drew more concern than happiness. 

I've seen a couple people mention the use of the word "fetus" as something negative, why is it so? I swear I'm not being snarky, English isn't my first language and I found it very normal talk, so I'd like to understand why it's seen as a negative word or a cause for concern?

On 4/26/2022 at 4:21 AM, britneybits2022 said:

She’s definitely not highly intelligent, but she’s also not a dumb blonde. I think she’s just average. She never finished school, (or did she?) so maybe that explains all the typos and incorrect grammar? Maybe it’s the ***** she was forced to take?

And I think she’s been dissociated from the world for a very long time, which doesn’t help. Maybe she’s never had to write or read anything because everyone’s been doing it for her.

Anyway, I don’t think she’s crazy when I’m reading her posts, just a little uneducated or uninformed maybe? And that’s ok, because she has her reasons.

The thing is she was really smart as a young woman. This doesn not have to do with her being "uneducated". Something happened down the road

4 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

I've seen a couple people mention the use of the word "fetus" as something negative, why is it so? I swear I'm not being snarky, English isn't my first language and I found it very normal talk, so I'd like to understand why it's seen as a negative word or a cause for concern?

The word 'fetus' sounds too scientific and impersonal, like something a doctor might say.

• Haha 1
On 4/25/2022 at 11:57 PM, KrisJ said:

She posted an essay with “ummm..I’m pregnant with a food baby” and an irrelevant to the topic photo. Also, by the time anyone is onto their 3rd child, nobody cares 

On 4/25/2022 at 11:48 PM, Jaime Jean said:

I mean if she posted a well spoken/written pregnancy announcement, or joint one with Sam, I think it would have gone for over better than it obviously went, but the way she did it, just makes people think that crazy chick shouldn’t be pregnant. She keeps giving those who think she’s crazy a lot of fuel. Sam’s was a normal sweet announcement but people aren’t following Sam I mean some are but it’s Britney’s ig that most people would visit.

All of this!!!

• Love 1
On 4/26/2022 at 5:48 AM, Jaime Jean said:

I mean if she posted a well spoken/written pregnancy announcement, or joint one with Sam, I think it would have gone for over better than it obviously went, but the way she did it, just makes people think that crazy chick shouldn’t be pregnant. She keeps giving those who think she’s crazy a lot of fuel. Sam’s was a normal sweet announcement but people aren’t following Sam I mean some are but it’s Britney’s ig that most people would visit.

Yeah... Was really weird the way she confirmed it we still didn't know for days after if she was having an actual baby or it was just a food baby :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

It's her choice though. She obviously didn't want a big orchestrated announcement but an "oh btw im pregnant" on Instagram was kinda strange..... 

Like it no doubt would have made national news had she announced it properly... But again maybe she didn't want that/doesn't care about that 🤷

• Love 2

I think it was still widely reported but the way she do casually dropped it in her Instagram caption made some people confused since they thought she might be joking. There was never an official formal press statement from Britney. I think if she announced it in a different more official way, it would have been reported differently.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

I think that the concern may be because referring to the baby you’re carrying as a fetus can be seen as a detachment to it. The word fetus is often used by women dealing with antepartum depression(or pregnancy depression). With Britney being pregnant so quickly after coming out of a traumatic experience, and more than likely leveling off of heavy duty medication for whatever diagnosis, the concern over how nonchalantly she announced it is inevitable. 

Why wasn't it eventful? Because she actually didn't make an event out of it other than sharing the news in a relaxed, direct way. She did not pull a Beyoncé and showed her belly in a performance on an awards show, she did not pay to get a full on photoshoot with the baby bump and hair and makeup and tons of flowers, she did not make her publicist write a public announcement as if the future baby were the next Messiah, etc... And apparently people need the show and the HQ pictures and the whole fantasy to talk about anything.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

I think that the concern may be because referring to the baby you’re carrying as a fetus can be seen as a detachment to it. The word fetus is often used by women dealing with antepartum depression(or pregnancy depression). With Britney being pregnant so quickly after coming out of a traumatic experience, and more than likely leveling off of heavy duty medication for whatever diagnosis, the concern over how nonchalantly she announced it is inevitable. 

God I'm so over these constant expectations for women and especially mothers. I guess it was bound to happen, especially to Britney, always dissected and always questioned...

"the concern over how nonchalantly she announced it is inevitable" just ended me, I think my eyes rolled all the way to the back of my skull.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:21 AM, Jaime Jean said:

It’s not just grammar though she’s notoriously bad at geography, and doesn’t seem to know most academic subjects. Britney just isn’t an academic type at least she’s in a profession where none of that matters. 

Not just that but you can unlearn things that you have learnt in the past. If you graduate and are good at math but dont use or need math for 20 years you wont be good at it anymore. Like you said academics dont matter in her business so its understandable that she doesnt know some things that most people would think are basic geography or spelling/grammar. 

17 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

God I'm so over these constant expectations for women and especially mothers. I guess it was bound to happen, especially to Britney, always dissected and always questioned...

"the concern over how nonchalantly she announced it is inevitable" just ended me, I think my eyes rolled all the way to the back of my skull.

lmao I cant believe for once I am the least critical and dont see any issue with her announcement. :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking: whats going on here? 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block