"Make Me..." Deserves Better

Here here! It’s so under appreciated! It was handled in a messy way, but could have been huge. People did not realize it was Britney at first, in a good way! It wasn’t a dance banger. So many of Britney’s best songs are these mid tempos Breathe on Me, Unusual You, Touch Of My Hand, And Then We Kiss, Inside Out, etc, but non Britney Stans don’t know them! I’m sure Britney had to fight hard to get this to be a lead single, Larry was probably like only if we put a rapper on it. The mess with it not being debuted at the BBMAs, the video leaks, the terrible official video they released, no major performances until months after it was released… it was just messy. It actually got decent play on radio where I lived and lots of ppl I knew who were indifferent to Britney liked it. It’s a great song, I love that she broke the formula of a dance banger lead single. 

I think whenever Britney decides to make some new music, you’re all gonna be surprised. I don’t think she’ll come back with dance banger or super urban. It’s been rumored for so long she wants to do something more “rock”, it will still be pop but leaning more towards rock or even country. I mean the one song she sang live in recent years was let’s give them something to talk about 

• Love 2
On 4/16/2022 at 3:26 AM, thebritmaster said:

I love Make Me. Maybe not as a lead single but it’s a good song. I use the Cash Cash remix because it’s more hype :emma:

I kinda think this was the direction it was intended to go for but Team Con wanted it radio-friendly ( not even mentioning the videos)

• Love 1

It doesn’t deserve sh**. It’s an album track at best. 

what a poor choice for a first single for an otherwise flawless era. I blame Make Me everyday for how commercially unsuccessful Glory was. I wish she never released it. Or at least replaced that god awful uninspired chorus Ooh Ooh Ooh with an actual signature Britney chorus that we all know and love.

13 minutes ago, bas che said:

It doesn’t deserve sh**. It’s an album track at best. 

what a poor choice for a first single for an otherwise flawless era. I blame Make Me everyday for how commercially unsuccessful Glory was. I wish she never released it. Or at least replaced that god awful uninspired chorus Ooh Ooh Ooh with an actual signature Britney chorus that we all know and love.

Um, no. Make Me was a great choice .. the music video screwed everything up and her not performing it at the BBMA’s did too. Make Me was the first time Britney had done something completely different for her lead single.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, jokobish said:

Um, no. Make Me was a great choice .. the music video screwed everything up and her not performing it at the BBMA’s did too. Make Me was the first time Britney had done something completely different for her lead single.

Different doesn’t always mean better. To me, the chorus (or lack thereof) was a snooze fest.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block