Nominate an Exhaler to join our Moderator team

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep this topic positive and on topic or it will be locked. Thank you.

Just now, Mr. Cavill said:

Whoever as long as they can be respectful and can take a neutral stand ans be capable of seeing both sides of the argument, keeping emotions away. Rationality is what's needed. And a pinch of shade to stir the pot every now and then. :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

This! :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

• Love 1

I also think that a moderator should be proud of their title but know that they are no better than someone on here who isn’t a mod. I think a lot of the times the issue is the “power trip” that you see happen and it creates a chaotic environment for others to want to be apart of. 

• Love 6
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Do we also get to vote someone off the island? I struggle posting here because some people are so aggressive and power hungry. I’m sure they’ll warn me for this too. 

Aw please post more.

I lurked for YEARS before finally deciding to post, and similar to you some people put me off wanting to get involved. 

Hopefully the prospect of positive change and a fresh faced mod will encourage you to post more.  

This place definitely needs more lurkers to get involved. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, rennen2.0 said:

Aw please post more.

I lurked for YEARS before finally deciding to post, and similar to you some people put me off wanting to get involved. 

Hopefully the prospect of positive change and a fresh faced mod will encourage you to post more.  

This place definitely needs more lurkers to get involved. 

Thank you! It’s actually so sad to me bc I’ve been a Britney stan since 1998 and sometimes it just feels so…militant here. I don’t have any real life Britney friends, so sometimes it’s fun to connect. It’s not a fun place anymore here, tho. I appreciate you seeing my comment as something positive rather than ripping into me like Ive come to expect from here. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

I don’t think going over who shouldn’t be a mod is fair nor what Jordan is requesting. That’s drama waiting to happen in my opinion and whoever wants to comment can and most likely knows that they can. Jordan asked Exhale to nominate someone to be a moderator. I don’t think it’s that deep nor requires mentioning those who “we don’t want to see” as a moderator. Aren’t we trying to make this a positive place? 

If that’s the case, I will PM you my list :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

edit: I didn’t see that they said talk. I thought it said comment. My bad Pokemon. Sending you my list asap  :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

The thing is everyone and their grandma will ask to be a mod, or suggest many other names. Everyone will act like they're the best option, or that the ones they're suggesting are the best option. That doesn't help Jordan to make a decision, because not everyone will make the cut and because obviously, not everyone is an actual good option. In the end, he may choose whoever is the most mentioned, or I don't know how he's gonna decide it, but I think that if the goal is to have a team that avoids the problems the current team has, it needs to be a wise decision and not one based on popularity (and that is a "popularity" among a very selective, vocal group of users that will be commenting on this thread, if we don't encourage the lurkers to speak up). 

So why wait until he names some new mods to start complaining about them, when everyone could've shared here and now their feelings towards each of the people that is being suggested? We don't have to be disrespectful or rude, and maybe no one has nothing negative to say about anyone anyways, or they might prefer to do it privately in a message to Jordan, etc. I don't know.

I'm just saying, this is the perfect chance to raise your voices and express your concerns to Jordan, in whatever way you consider it, because it can't be tolerated later on that some users adopt this usual troll behavior that we know to complicate the existence of the new mods, just because they're not the person they wanted, or because they didn't make it into the team, or their suggestions, or because Jordan actually ended up choosing the wrong people.  :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

As a side note, I see some of the suggested names could work as Content Curators, but not necessarily mods, so I think we could suggest people in that sense too, even if it's not what Jordan is asking in the OP (as if we weren't used to people derailing threads anyways). 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
38 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

I also think that a moderator should be proud of their title but know that they are no better than someone on here who isn’t a mod. I think a lot of the times the issue is the “power trip” that you see happen and it creates a chaotic environment for others to want to be apart of. 

This sort of stuff does not help you :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 2