It's Time To Stop Pretending 'Brave New Girl' Is Bad

Girl no. Shocked but not surprised that this is coming from your tasteless *** though. Maybe it’s time YOU and some of the other flops in this thread wake up and stop living in denial by pretending it’s good. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: The song sounds like a poor man’s Ray of Light reject. It sounds like something Hilary Duff or a Disney/Nickelodeon kid star would put out to promote their new show on The WB. The song is also destroyed by too much autotune and unnecessary vocoder. In fact, it’s the one song on ITZ that stalls the album. The song wouldn’t even be worthy enough being on the masterpieces that are Oops and Britney. By far, the worst song she released during her prime.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
51 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

Yes!!! It would fit “Britney” much better, it sounds like a “Britney” song, i think Boys sounds like a ITZ song.

I agree!

Also Slave sounds like an ITZ song.

I think if it werent for Boys and Slave, the Britney album would've been another Oops album.

I actually talked about BNG on another thread the other day about disliked Britney songs. i honestly dont get why everyone hates BNG. its such a fun funky song. i actually think its because its on the wrong album. its the odd one out in ITZ and would have fit better on the Britney album, after Anticipation. But apart from being on the wrong album, i dont know why most britney fans hate it. i love it! 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
10 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

I was thinking the same almost wrote Slave too, because out of the original tracks on Britney, Slave and Boys are really the only ones I like now as an adult but I love Oops so idk lol:carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

Yeah I mean out of all the tracks on Britney, only Slave and Boys sound fresh and like it was recently released.

The rest of the songs, although I love them, are pretty dated especially songs with that Max Martin sound like

Cinderella, Bombastic Love and Overprotected.

40 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I agree!

Also Slave sounds like an ITZ song.

I think if it werent for Boys and Slave, the Britney album would've been another Oops album.

Slave and Boys sounds straight out of 1999-2002 however. That’s not to say Slave and Boys aren’t timeless because they are certified bops.

• Super Mods
15 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

I’m also a sucker for late 90s early 00’s Brit, my favorite albums are Oops, BOMT, ITZ and Blackout- the early ones first because nostalgia, I used to like “Britney” but I’ve found myself not being able to listen to it anymore- but still think Boys and Slave are fresh.

I agree.

I love her early albums the best especially her first 3.

They bring back so much nostalgia like you said and also I think her best ballads and vocals are on her early albums

and the reason why I say that is cause on BOMT and Oops, she sings lots of songs with high notes at the end especially

the song "Where Are You Now". That has probably the highest note of her entire career.

Its a shame that she never worked on getting a more developed voice.

You can tell by the time the Britney album came out, they stopped focusing on that and thats when she really started lipsyncing.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block