It's Time To Stop Pretending 'Brave New Girl' Is Bad

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Jaime Jean said:

Yes I like her old voice best as well so that why I really like the first two best. The difference in voice from oops to Britney was dramatic. Then I also like the Urban/dark/club vibes of ITZ and Blackout. 

Yeah I would say her voice started sounding really nasal and girly with the Oops album but it was taken to an extreme level with the Britney album.

I mean theres even memes about how she pronounces "me" as "may".

There are some really good songs that werent released that she sounded amazing in like

"Luv The Hurt Away". That song was so beautiful, it deserved to be on BOMT.

However I also do like the Urban sound of ITZ and Blackout.

I especially love the instrumentals from Blackout, they are so dark yet interesting.

I think the instrumentals really elevated the songs to a whole other level on that album.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, davelivesfree said:

MATM weaker than Make Me Puke??? 

:imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

HELL NO BABE :flop_britney_candies:

In commercial performance and chart terms yes, is definitely her weakest, mainly because she was banned from radios, at the time.

If we're talking about personal taste well, i'm just going to say that i respect your opinion. :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

3 hours ago, Jaime Jean said:

Not me in 2022 realizing I’ve been singing the wrong words to one of favorite Britney songs from 2003 :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I thought “shout it” was “shorty” as in yo shorty let me holla at you for a second :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I’ve been sing “shordddy” since 2003:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I kinda like it better my way hahaha

Oh i see you, lol.

As an european that doesn't talk native english i'm not goin to tell you how many time it took me to understand half of Britney's songs through the years...:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

6 hours ago, femmepop said:

Amen, Preach, Bless You

:wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

BNG is one of those songs that I did not like back in the day when I was a teenager because it sounded too cutesy or something...however it aged super well and now it's a top Britney track for me because of it's cheesy upbeat vibe. 

Exactly. :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

7 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Girl no. Shocked but not surprised that this is coming from your tasteless *** though. Maybe it’s time YOU and some of the other flops in this thread wake up and stop living in denial by pretending it’s good. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

:whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Jaime Jean said:

Not me in 2022 realizing I’ve been singing the wrong words to one of favorite Britney songs from 2003 :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I thought “shout it” was “shorty” as in yo shorty let me holla at you for a second :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I’ve been sing “shordddy” since 2003:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I kinda like it better my way hahaha

It’s “shawwwwtttaaayyy”

• Like 2

Always skipped this song. I like out there type songs, but the chorus was a different vibe than the verses. The verses had some attitude, the chorus is like a cheesy kids song.

Plus, as a guy I guess I can't relate to being a brave new girl and I definitely  wouldn't be blasting it 😂

2 hours ago, andreafly1 said:

Just skip the whole album straight to BNG (just once, lol) and your mood will remain intact! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Lol don't get me wrong, I love songs like "BNG" "Anticipating" etc... And I'm dead serious, I grew up with those songs :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: It's just that Idk growing up my taste has changed I guess :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: I don't hate them, but if I can avoid them, I do cause they're kinda "cheesy" for me :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: But of course I respect everyone's opinions :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy: Except if you like "Chilling With Lou (feat. Jurassic Liar)" in that case, we can't be friends :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Tanya25 said:

It's just that most of the times, when I listen to the whole album I pretend it doesn't exists and skip the hell out of it

And go straight to Everytime? It's tough to go from Shadow to Everytime, there needs to be a palate cleanser in between. Brave New Girl doesn't totally gel in the sense of the entire album, but it does work as a transition between those two. Switching to vinyl and taking away the ability to skip songs I don't particularly care for has given me more of an appreciation for moments like that.

If you want to say it doesn't fit, I'd agree. But I can't bring myself to call it bad. Not when Soda Pop exists.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, DonMegaX said:

And go straight to Everytime? It's tough to go from Shadow to Everytime, there needs to be a palate cleanser in between. Brave New Girl doesn't totally gel in the sense of the entire album, but it does work as a transition between those two. Switching to vinyl and taking away the ability to skip songs I don't particularly care for has given me more of an appreciation for moments like that.

If you want to say it doesn't fit, I'd agree. But I can't bring myself to call it bad. Not when Soda Pop exists.

Well, exactly and that's why I said that it's not bad... Also I'm not a fan of Soda Pop but her vocals and AdLibs are great on that track imo :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

26 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

I created a Spotify list of the whole album minus BNG so I don’t have keep skipping it, I put “Boys” in its place. Slave too, because those are the only songs on “Britney” that I like. So the list is like the songs from ITZ and Britney that I like without the ones I don’t. 

Ugh I love the album version of Boys :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Production-wise I find it richer and much more interesting than the remix! :saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block