Michael Rapaport: Britney we fought to have you out in these streets free okay, so put some clothes on alright, put a bikini on we know you're happy to be free, get in the studio and make some music

57 minutes ago, Britney4Evur said:

I think the shock is that they aren’t controversial. Someone on Twitter made a post to compare celeb women’s social media posts topless, nude, etc and there be nothing but praise for those women. Why the double standard with Britney? It really begs the question. We look bad because we are defensive of her … what?… showing HER flesh how SHE chooses to??? I think that’s something worth defending. Autonomy. I mean, isn’t that what we have been defending from the get-go? Autonomy? There is nothing shocking about a woman’s breasts. There is nothing shocking about bearing all and being PROUD of the skin your in. The social stigma around nudity is something that’s slowly dying. It’s 2022, not 1922. The pictures are a testament to her freedom. She looks FANTASTIC and I’m PROUD of her for being so proud of herself. How’s that for a compliment for you? 

The negative comments, especially from men, are ignorant at minimum and misogynistic at most. Calling out misogyny in all its forms is a GOOD thing. Britney is a 40 year old empowered woman who’s been oppressed for over a decade. I’m shocked you thought your comment was even necessary. 

Ok but autonomy was the point of the movement and my post. I and the majority believe she deserves that. However there is no double standard here imo. Those other women get just as much crap in their comment sections but their fanbases dont act as defensive. I think its the fans who are insecure and overprotective but just to play devils advocate lets say it is somewhat of a double standard for Brit. What makes it so shocking for the average person who doesnt follow her every move is that shes recently free and acting rebellious. Not to mention the nature of the photos REALLY do feel invasive. Its almost like comparing Playboy to a leaked s** tape. Also just for the record, if any other celebrity posted the literal same pics I WOULD feel the same way. Im not judging her because I dont care for the pictures. Im not a fake fan. I dont call other fans who hate some of her songs fake fans either. The pics just feel cheap for whatever reasons. Reminds me a lot of the Chaotic era and I didnt like that either and in hindsight we know she was rebelling before a major breakdown. I just hope she has a level head over her shoulders and isnt just acting impulsively because shes going through a major shift in her life. Part of me feels like she feels people expect the "old" Brit because shes free and that automatically means controversy. I personally just care about her well being. And I am the furthest thing from misogynistic. Ive never had a problem with her nude photoshoots or videos. I love it. Social media can be used the same way but yes it strikes me when your sharing stuff that intimate on your private time. If im about to **** off im not going to share on social before, during, or right after. Dont put people in a box just because they have an opinion you dont agree with because thats too easy. I can sit here and label you myself but thats not productive and I honestly could care less.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Well, i wish i could pretend i have any clue about this man, his job or anything else...but i don't. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

That beign said, it's fascinating that we, as human beigns, have the right to express our opinions, however sometimes i run, sometimes i hide the most intelligent act is to, y'know...keep some potentially dangerous and harmful thoughts for yourself and stay quiet. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

• Love 1

The FreeBritney movement did a wonderful job at bringing awareness to the public, but personally I feel it was ultimately Britney's courage finally standing up in court and her testimony that really changed the course of the conservatorship.  Let's not take that away from Britney. 

About his comments.  Just another man who thinks he can set the narrative of how a woman should display themselves on social media, etc.  

To go off another users post that says people here are just defending her and are shocked at the negative comments and people don't even like the pics.  I will say this for myself.  I love the pictures.  She's doing her thing.  To me she looks fantastic and is embracing herself.  For whatever reason she is doing it, is not my business.  But I do enjoy the pictures. 

I see so many other female celebrities that do the same thing, maybe professionally done as some have said, but to me, that's neither here or there.   A picture is a picture regardless of who took it.  There's always been a double standard when it comes to Britney, and even she is aware of it because she has called it out before.  

I think a lot of people are just insecure when it comes to the natural body and ***uality.  Numerous reasons for this, but let's not project it on to Britney. 

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block