Raven Symoné "Aren't I always in the studio working on music that nobody buys?"

stanLOONA

2 hours ago, Isla said:

I haven't watched Raven's Home. Is it any good? I heard it's not as good compared to That's So Raven though (and even Cory in the House). I can't believe it's getting a 5th season and they're getting rid of most of the main cast though lol. Not many Disney Channel shows have made it to a 5th season, the only other one I can think of is Bunk'd....

She's a parent in a Disney show, the kids were the focus :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated: but it looks like she is more present in the new season

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Isla said:

I haven't watched Raven's Home. Is it any good? I heard it's not as good compared to That's So Raven though (and even Cory in the House). I can't believe it's getting a 5th season and they're getting rid of most of the main cast though lol. Not many Disney Channel shows have made it to a 5th season, the only other one I can think of is Bunk'd....

It's definitely better than Corey in the House, but not as good as That's So Raven (Although that's probably because I watched TSR when I was a kid and now i'm an adult watching a "kids" show haha). They do enough adult storyline between Raven and Chelsea to keep me coming back, BUT I never watched Raven's Home religiously; if it was on, then I would watch an episode, but I didn't really seek out the show. I think it's worth checking out. There was an episode where Raven and Chelsea want a girls night out and they are going clubbin, while the kids stay home-that was a funny episode cuz it felt more about Rae and Chels (maybe they should've had a spin off on Hulu & not have the kids) :nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance:

Bunk'd had 5 seasons, or is that including the Jessie seasons? 

• Love 1

I remember my family and I at Disneyland a very long time ago when she was out doing little promos and appearances for her music. We were walking through CA Adventure and we saw a small group of people forming a circle around someone dancing. I distinctly remember peeking through and getting to see a glimpse of Raven dippin' it and doin' it in a fedora, and people were slowly leaving like they were bored! If that had been early-00's Hilary or LiLo there would have been pandemonium, but people that day had no desire to watch her, and she could out-sing and out-dance the two of those girls combined! 😭💔

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, If I'm Dancing said:

I remember my family and I at Disneyland a very long time ago when she was out doing little promos and appearances for her music. We were walking through CA Adventure and we saw a small group of people forming a circle around someone dancing. I distinctly remember peeking through and getting to see a glimpse of Raven dippin' it and doin' it in a fedora, and people were slowly leaving like they were bored! If that had been early-00's Hilary or LiLo there would have been pandemonium, but people that day had no desire to watch her, and she could out-sing and out-dance the two of those girls combined! 😭💔

5 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

It's definitely better than Corey in the House, but not as good as That's So Raven (Although that's probably because I watched TSR when I was a kid and now i'm an adult watching a "kids" show haha). They do enough adult storyline between Raven and Chelsea to keep me coming back, BUT I never watched Raven's Home religiously; if it was on, then I would watch an episode, but I didn't really seek out the show. I think it's worth checking out. There was an episode where Raven and Chelsea want a girls night out and they are going clubbin, while the kids stay home-that was a funny episode cuz it felt more about Rae and Chels (maybe they should've had a spin off on Hulu & not have the kids) :nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance:

8 hours ago, stanLOONA said:

She's a parent in a Disney show, the kids were the focus :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated: but it looks like she is more present in the new season

8 hours ago, jordeezy said:

She slayed in the Thats So Raven theme song tho 

Points were made. Anyways, have yall been streaming When Im Gone?

Such a bop :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: 

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Okay that sounds interesting. I’d lowkey like to watch the episode of Raven and Chelsea’s night out lol

and Bunk’d’s 5 seasons don’t include Jessie. Wikipedia says the show has been renewed for a 6th season!!

Edited by Isla
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

The video keeps insinuating that she wasn't as successful as Hilary Duff and Miley Cyrus because of her skin colour, I honestly think this isn't true. It was the music genre; Raven really pushed her rnb and hip hop style, which is great, but her audience were always teens. Hilary and Miley pushed mainstream pop mixed with rock which was HUGE back then and teens ate it up.

I think she should have gone down the mainstream path and once she had established herself as a strong A-lister, she. could have switched it to her own thing. Something Ariana Grande did :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 3
3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

The video keeps insinuating that she wasn't as successful as Hilary Duff and Miley Cyrus because of her skin colour, I honestly think this isn't true. It was the music genre; Raven really pushed her rnb and hip hop style, which is great, but her audience were always teens. Hilary and Miley pushed mainstream pop mixed with rock which was HUGE back then and teens ate it up.

I think she should have gone down the mainstream path and once she had established herself as a strong A-lister, she. could have switched it to her own thing. Something Ariana Grande did :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

True, I didn't think it was her skin color, it was literally the music. Even the songs they showed were... choices. I do wonder what would have happened if she continued to work with Queen Latifah, maybe we wouldn't have had That's So Raven :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Like I love her voice in The Cheetah Girls songs :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: so much power in The Party's Just Begun and so slow and good in the beginning of Strut

• Love 4
7 hours ago, If I'm Dancing said:

Queen behavior tbh

• Love 2
2 hours ago, stanLOONA said:

True, I didn't think it was her skin color, it was literally the music. Even the songs they showed were... choices. I do wonder what would have happened if she continued to work with Queen Latifah, maybe we wouldn't have had That's So Raven :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Like I love her voice in The Cheetah Girls songs :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: so much power in The Party's Just Begun and so slow and good in the beginning of Strut

I think Raven and Christy Carlson Romano are in the same boat with their music - their voices are too theater and too trained to be a contemporary pop star. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Isla said:

Disney channel shows have a rule (it might be gone now) that their shows only last 75 episodes around 3 or 4 seasons depending on the episode count in the season. 

That’s so Raven was actually the first show In their history to get to around 100 episodes as it was their most popular show. This is most likely why RH is getting another season albeit a much cheaper costing season. Raven is probably getting paid more as well, as it’s usually in the contract. As more seasons get green light the star gets a pay increase.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

She shouldn’t be bitter. Her albums pushed her brand power. I know she was only briefly featured in a Belinda music video, but I still stanned. Look at her now. No one knows her for anything now. She should do daytime tv afterwards and put out some bops. 

Excuse me? Did you really say Raven Symone is not known for anything now?? She’ll forever be known for her role in the Cosby show (even though we don’t support that show anymore), Cheetah Girls, That’s so Raven, Ravens Home, The View on ABC, etc. Raven May not be slaying the music charts, but homegirl is a household name and EVERYONE knows her. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, A.a.A said:

Disney channel shows have a rule (it might be gone now) that their shows only last 75 episodes around 3 or 4 seasons depending on the episode count in the season. 

That’s so Raven was actually the first show In their history to get to around 100 episodes as it was their most popular show. This is most likely why RH is getting another season albeit a much cheaper costing season. Raven is probably getting paid more as well, as it’s usually in the contract. As more seasons get green light the star gets a pay increase.

The rule was 65 episodes actually, and it was long abandoned when That's So Raven got more than 65 episodes.

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block