Raven Symoné "Aren't I always in the studio working on music that nobody buys?"

stanLOONA

3 hours ago, Zee30 said:

Her self titled album she released back in 2008 is actually amazing I prefer it to her 2004 album, it’s more R&B than her 2004 album. Her record label just never promoted her which is a shame as both those albums had great songs. 

Are they worth listening to? They're probably the albums I'd check out by her, not sure about her first two which were released pre-Disney/Hollywood Records and when she was much younger (and her second album isn't on Spotify in the UK anyways).

And yeah Hollywood Records aren't that great at promoting and releasing singles from albums. Good at shifting albums though, but not in Raven's case. 

• Like 2
On 8/11/2022 at 2:17 AM, Isla said:

Are they worth listening to? They're probably the albums I'd check out by her, not sure about her first two which were released pre-Disney/Hollywood Records and when she was much younger (and her second album isn't on Spotify in the UK anyways).

And yeah Hollywood Records aren't that great at promoting and releasing singles from albums. Good at shifting albums though, but not in Raven's case. 

Yea they both are worth a listen! Their both good I just prefer the 2008 album it’s just more mature sounding. The 2004 one still sounds a bit teeny booperish/Disney but suppose that’s because she was still working with Disney a lot back then. Out of all her albums those are the 2 I’d recommend. I haven’t listened much to the others. I think the self titled album is on Spotify.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Zee30 said:

Yea they both are worth a listen! Their both good I just prefer the 2008 album it’s just more mature sounding. The 2004 one still sounds a bit teeny booperish/Disney but suppose that’s because she was still working with Disney a lot back then. Out of all her albums those are the 2 I’d recommend. I haven’t listened much to the others. I think the self titled album is on Spotify.

That's good to know. Her self-titled album is on Spotify in the UK! 

• Love 2
On 2/25/2022 at 6:19 PM, K-man said:

fyi: it’s 2022 that interview was in 2010 and her 5th studio album still hasn’t came out 

spacer.png

She stopped her own blessing.  You not supposed to talk about yourself like that, even joking.  Law of attraction is very powerful.  It's also disrespectful to the huge team of people producing that album.  She seemed ungrateful for the fans she did have.  That's why she got constantly disrespected on the view.  Respect starts from within.

• Like 1
On 2/25/2022 at 5:33 PM, JayTawndre said:

Also can't believe they booted the daughter and Chelsea? I'm curious how that storyline unfolds on the show to make sense.

I looked it up. Raven moves home to San Francisco to take care of her Dad who has health issues. Chelsea stays in Chicago and Raven's daughter goes to live with her Dad. I'm not sure what purpose that would serve creatively, and I'm wondering if they wanted to drop a few actors for budgetary reasons. Losing Chelsea's gotta be pretty rough. So much of the comedy came from her chemistry with Raven. 

• Love 3
On 8/13/2022 at 10:44 PM, HellNevuhBeMey said:

Loop Waiting GIFI like her music supernatural especially and double Dutch bus. Her first album had some honest work but most people will say it’s this and that because they been WAP’d

I didn't even realise there was a video for Supernatural :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block