Raven Symoné "Aren't I always in the studio working on music that nobody buys?"

stanLOONA

44 minutes ago, Isla said:

Wasn't there an episode of That's So Raven where Raven had a dream and saw the music video for this song on TV? Or am I making it up :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I think it was the episode she pretended to get sick, and one of her parents made her eat some spicy soup and it had her hallucinating. Or I might be mixing this up with other shows. I feel like I’ve seen this “kid faking being sick, and parents know so they make them do something insufferable tasks but by the end of the episode the kids are actually sick” premise.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

I think it was the episode she pretended to get sick, and one of her parents made her eat some spicy soup and it had her hallucinating. Or I might be mixing this up with other shows. I feel like I’ve seen this “kid faking being sick, and parents know so they make them do something insufferable tasks but by the end of the episode the kids are actually sick” premise.

Ddd looks like I’m doing some investigating :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, LikeTheMoonAndSun said:

I don't think it's a race issue, look at Ashely Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens both irrelevants and under promoted. Disney music is basic af, they were lucky GP liked miley and selena. Anythin else have flopped

We can name multiple white and Latina  girls from Disney that have had successful music careers: Hilary duff, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, demi Lovato, Sabrina carpenter, etc. You cannot name one black girl from Disney that has had any of their success musically. Zendaya and Raven are the most successful black girls MUSICALLY from Disney…and musically they flopped. Sadly it’s because of race, in my opinion. And I’m not the type to play the race card

• Love 2
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, LikeTheMoonAndSun said:

I don't think it's a race issue, look at Ashely Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens both irrelevants and under promoted. Disney music is basic af, they were lucky GP liked miley and selena. Anythin else have flopped

Ashley was Warner Music, never Hollywood Records aka Disney :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: and she did pretty well with her first solo

But Vanessa, so weird the flop for her second album

• Love 2

I LOVE Raven’s solo music! 🙌🏼 TBH though Disney really didn’t know how to market her. She was really talented. But they kept trying to push her into the Disney mold which she isn’t made for. Don’t get me wrong, she still killed it, but I wish she could’ve broken out musically without Disney trying to mess with her image to make her fit what they wanted.

Anyways, stream Supernatural

Also, Superstition:

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Isla said:

Um so I watched Ice Princess tonight and fell in love with the song playing during the house party scene - turns out it’s THIS????? WHAT A BOP???

THANK YOU! Just imagine if Raven actually got proper promo when this album came out! Once again, why do none of the black female singers from Disney ever make it big on the music charts!? 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

THANK YOU! Just imagine if Raven actually got proper promo when this album came out! Once again, why do none of the black female singers from Disney ever make it big on the music charts!? 

Raven deserved better :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, gapeach704 said:

Coco Jones went live and talked about her experience.

Disney as a whole needs to do better or just go away .-. 

2 hours ago, Isla said:

Um so I watched Ice Princess tonight and fell in love with the song playing during the house party scene - turns out it’s THIS????? WHAT A BOP???

Haven’t seen ice princess in about 4 years, it might be time again. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 2
  • 5 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block