Which are the music videos of parts you just find wrong?

52 minutes ago, ovoxo said:

Not being shady, just curious. Were you bothered when Gaga did the prison thing in Telephone? Then escaped and poisoned a whole restaurant of people?

I do find a lot of things lil nas x does as inauthentic and just for shock value, but at the same time he’s not doing anything different than what the girlies have been doing, and they don’t get as much flack. 

thats an interesting question. i was smaller then and didn't pay so much mind to this video. i guess im not the main audience for either one of these ;) ;)

UPDATE: i mean i wasn't the main audience. i am awarely deciding to broaden my art horizons and watch them in da future

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RreestriReegliReedi13 said:

thats an interesting question. i was smaller then and didn't pay so much mind to this video. i guess im not the main audience for either one of these ;) ;)

UPDATE: i mean i wasn't the main audience. i am awarely deciding to broaden my art horizons and watch them in da future

What about when Britney robbed a store at g*npoint in Criminal? Or when she poisoned a guy in toxic? 

Jk, I’m just being petty :wink_britney_everytime_white:

you do open an interesting conversation though, when it comes to art there’s so little boundaries. Someone can sing a song about cheating on a woman and we’ll bop to it, if that same person posted a tweet about the same thing, it wouldn’t do too well lol. 

On 2/19/2022 at 2:29 AM, RreestriReegliReedi13 said:

well its good if YOU like it

but i think it sends all kinds of wrong messages with the prison themes. wrong messages regarding prisons and prisoners. yes i care about them. i don't think the topic of prison and prisoners should be taken lightly. THATS WHY. it diminishes what are the experiences of prison for prisoners. its like they don't matter and i know for many of you they don't but for me they do okay. 

how would you like if you were a prisoner and the video sends message that electric termination is a fun or non important thing and being in prison is all-like-that

I think you need to relax. They're in prison for a reason, I doubt ANY of them would give a **** about a music video. Isnt it exhausting to be fighting everyone elses battles all the time? Especially when they didnt ask :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Honestly its like some people thrive on being offended, even more so when youre offended on someone elses behalf.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kdub87 said:

I think you need to relax. They're in prison for a reason, I doubt ANY of them would give a **** about a music video. Isnt it exhausting to be fighting everyone elses battles all the time? Especially when they didnt ask :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Honestly its like some people thrive on being offended, even more so when youre offended on someone elses behalf.

i am here to learn and grow, im very relaxed

i made this topic to discuss now the one that needs to relax is you hehehehe

besides it was my opinion and my "fight", K? except it wasn't a fight but i just discussed it here and hey, i even changed my opinion

i am not an empty shell you know

and i never said im fighting someone's else's battle. i just related to the topic with my opinion

now it seems as tho you are the one fighting on their behalf..

its about my opinion HENCE on the topic title "you just find wrong".

5 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I seriously can’t with all the extreme editing on Britney’s body in the Gimme More video. It’s so ridiculous, it kinda ruins it for me. 

I feel this way about her POM video. It's so tragic. I'm still not over them pasting her face onto another dancer's body. The music industry is so sick.

• Love 1
On 2/19/2022 at 5:29 AM, RreestriReegliReedi13 said:

well its good if YOU like it

but i think it sends all kinds of wrong messages with the prison themes. wrong messages regarding prisons and prisoners. yes i care about them. i don't think the topic of prison and prisoners should be taken lightly. THATS WHY. it diminishes what are the experiences of prison for prisoners. its like they don't matter and i know for many of you they don't but for me they do okay. 

how would you like if you were a prisoner and the video sends message that electric termination is a fun or non important thing and being in prison is all-like-that

Oh well, those prisoners shouldn't have been commiting the crimes they were committing in the first place. The video was iconic.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, RreestriReegliReedi13 said:

i mean just because you have different sense of humor(like laughing at the op) and view this video differently than me, doesn't mean i never appreciate art. there are limits from person to person and different interpretations from people to people. and once again, people love or don't love different things.

i have never been angry in this thread, i am just expressing my own look at art and we should discuss art and have opinions about art.

That music video was pure art and had the best Ebony energy in any music video!

it diminishes what are the experiences of prison for prisoners.

How long have you spent in prison? Or are you just making assumptions? I spent the first 16 years of my life visiting my dad in prison (I had a rough childhood) and I actually sent him this music video ages ago to tease him. He thought it was hilarious.

its like they don't matter and i know for many of you they don't but for me they do okay

Why do you assume people don’t care just because they enjoy a completely fictional music video? Do you get this emotional over movies when people are being shot or blown up? 

3 hours ago, RreestriReegliReedi13 said:

besides it was my opinion and my "fight", K?

So why post a thread unless you’re seeking a response? 🧐

now it seems as tho you are the one fighting on their behalf..

…huh?

its about my opinion HENCE on the topic title "you just find wrong".

This…makes no sense. You can’t say it’s only about your opinion while at the same time asking others theirs? 

Im not looking to fight, I just take issue with people constantly trying to censor art or cancel it because of their own personal feelings toward it. If you find it wrong you don’t have to watch it. The sole purpose of art is to provoke an emotional response. If we censored everything that someone found upsetting we’d have nothing left. Life’s too short, just enjoy it!

As my nana would say, don’t yuck someone’s yum :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look: 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block