Drew Barrymore says Lady Gaga is our generation's David Bowie

2 hours ago, gapeach704 said:

Katy Perry is this generations “Tiffany”. You’re giving Katy too much credit 

Oh, honey, Katy has more than three hits spanned from her first record. She is mediocre at best singer and dancer but had bigger worldwide appeal than this nobody knows singer Tiffany. She is like Paula Abdul - 2 albums full of hits and then fade.
At least this flop song from album that flopped even harder is more experimental and fresh than whole katy's discography:

11 minutes ago, Живак said:

Oh, honey, Katy has more than three hits spanned from her first record. She is mediocre at best singer and dancer but had bigger worldwide appeal than this nobody knows singer Tiffany. She is like Paula Abdul - 2 albums full of hits and then fade.
At least this flop song from album that flopped even harder is more experimental and fresh than whole katy's discography:

Yeah, maybe more Paula in terms of commercial success, but don’t sleep on Paula. Her career spans DECADES and transcends music, television, sports, and helping other artists. Katy isn’t even on Paula’s level. Just look at what Paula did for Janet - she’s responsible for literally all of Janet’s most iconic videos. Katy can’t relate. So again, Katy is this generations Tiffany or Cyndi Lauper. Y’all gas Katy up but in reality, she’s nothing without Dr Luke…and I hate saying that (but the same is true for Doja and Kim Petras). This isn’t me coming from a shady perspective either. I still jam to Katy’s old music. Love a Katy throwback Thursday 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

can she pull off the goblin king?

Plus I still remember Bowie's son said his father wasn't a fan of hers, and hated it when she said He had an impact on her..

That's one thing I realized 3 of her idols Prince, Madonna and David bowie hated her and wanted nothing to do with her..

Only Michael Jackson and Elton john actually saw the talent in her. 

Maybe before "Joanne". Nah, right now?

"Artpop" was the album that changed her thinking about music. After AP she decided to go straight to GP friendly albums and music. 

She stopped being intresting, zero scandals, zero provactions, zero "Gaga" in "Lady Gaga".

She probably doesnt understand that Madonna did controversial eras, and then went into GP friendly way as well (Evita, ROL), but she never were there too long. She rebuild herself and again started to be controversial (American Life), then again GP friendly (Confessions).

She's too playing safe these days. Lol days. Since Cheek To Cheek, almost a decade.

• Like 1
On 2/2/2022 at 10:06 PM, Bunkywoo said:

Everyone has an opinion. Cyndi is a true veteran . Stop comparing them. Cyndi paved the way for many others . Including Gaga.  Shes a true living legend . Her prime was in the start of MTV. Icon all the way.  Give credit where its deserved . Shes such a legend. Listen to her albums. Shes incredible!! 

Agree! I listened to her album, "Sisters of Avalon" and it was so amazing :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

A true visionary!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block