Drew Barrymore says Lady Gaga is our generation's David Bowie

2 hours ago, gapeach704 said:

She’s more like this generations Cyndi Lauper :sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

Cyndi Lauper is amazing !!! Nah shes not Cyndi at all . Cyndi is in her own category of originality. Her talent has always surpassed Gaga and I am sure Gaga knows it . Gaga is talented in her own right . Yet I see Gaga as Gaga. Not Bowie or Lauper. soz this is so ugly cyndi lauper GIF

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Bunkywoo said:

Cyndi Lauper is amazing !!! Nah shes not Cyndi at all . Cyndi is in her own category of originality. Her talent has always surpassed Gaga and I am sure Gaga knows it . Gaga is talented in her own right . Yet I see Gaga as Gaga. Not Bowie or Lauper. soz this is so ugly cyndi lauper GIF

I love cyndi and she has had success! So has GaGa. They’re the same :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: Enjoy 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gapeach704 said:

She’s more like this generations Cyndi Lauper :sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

Not an accurate comparison given that Cyndi only had massive chart success for about 2 album eras and only scored US Top 5 hits within the first 4 years of her career. Meanwhile Gaga's last Top 5 hit was 12 years into her career and she's had way more than Cyndi has overall. Not to mention more relevance in general too.

If anything she's this generation's Cher what with the acting and acclaim. Comparing her to Bowie is a bad comparison though.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Not an accurate comparison given that Cyndi only had massive chart success for about 2 album eras and only scored US Top 5 hits within the first 4 years of her career. Meanwhile Gaga's last Top 5 hit was 12 years into her career and she's had way more than Cyndi has overall. Not to mention more relevance in general too.

If anything she's this generation's Cher what with the acting and acclaim. Comparing her to Bowie is a bad comparison though.

No shade but didn’t GaGa only have “massive success” with 2 albums also? Respectfully, everything went downhill after artpop…in my opinion. No shade. GaGa has had success since, but it’s never been the same after artpop 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

No shade but didn’t GaGa only have “massive success” with 2 albums also? Respectfully, everything went downhill after artpop…in my opinion. No shade. GaGa has had success since, but it’s never been the same after artpop 

If you think that Gaga only had massive success with her first 2 albums then what can we say about Britney? Because if we’re going according to your flawed metric, then Britney’s been on a decline since her BOMT and Oops eras. Gaga’s had 4 Top 10 hits, 2 #1s and scored one of her biggest hits since Artpop. And that’s not including the Grammys, Oscar, Golden Globes and several other MAJOR awards she’s achieved since. I’m not even a Gaga fan but you need to stop pretending she’s some one-trick pony who only had success when she first came out. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

@mythology you’re absolutely right. Knee stans are always so bitter and pressed for no reason. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

A lot of the IT pop girls sucked the momentum out of their careers by jumping on the Calvin Harris EDM trend in 2013 when that only would have smashed in 2011/2012 :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Like 3

David Bowie? Is she serious? David was one of a kind musician no hate to gaga but I believe she just heard Space Oddity, David was a pure genius towards his craft but the comparison is so bad. David like musicians are not duplicated and Gaga cannot compare with David musicality at all. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block