Britney spotted for the first time since Jamie Lynn's interviews (driving)

Why do fans talk as if paparazzi where taking pictures JUST FOR US? It's a whole industry.

I think the difference can be made in how we consume pictures and articles, and how we talk about them and the media and its role in society with others, but it won't just go away, so we might as well start being strategic about it.

One particular problem with cancel culture is this "Just go away!" attitude, which is very childish and basic. As adults, people need to communicate and negotiate. That's the only way to change.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Why do fans talk as if paparazzi where taking pictures JUST FOR US? It's a whole industry.

I think the difference can be made in how we consume pictures and articles, and how we talk about them and the media and its role in society with others, but it won't just go away, so we might as well start being strategic about it.

One particular problem with cancel culture is this "Just go away!" attitude, which is very childish and basic. As adults, people need to communicate and negotiate. That's the only way to change.

No-one is talking like that. Everyone is aware it's an entire industry. 

But as a fan it is fairly reasonable to question why the biggest Britney fan forum continues to post paparazzi pictures of her.

As I said, many fan accounts have taken a stance to not post them out of respect for Britney. Are they expecting to change the paparazzi industry? No, of course not. But in some small way they're showing their respect for Britney even though it makes no impact.

She said a couple of months ago that they run onto the road as she's driving home as if they're trying to scare her into doing something crazy. So why are we as a fandom posting these pictures?

If someone wants to view the pictures they know where to find them. Why do they have to be posted here when we know how she feels about the paparazzi?

I'm confused as to why this is such a touchy subject when it's brought up in these threads. Almost immediately the suggestion of possibly not posting them is shot down as if it is some unreasonable thing to do. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

Just stop she’s always going to be followed she’s a celebrity!!!

She'll be followed but we fans out of respect should stop sharing these. We can have an impact. We should criticize it and spread awareness how harmful it is. You all had so much 'fun' freeing Britney but now you do nothing to protect her from disturbing her privacy. We all know paparazzi destroyed her life but now in 2022 we still share their photos like its nothing wrong.

"she's a celebrity!!!" is like saying to a woman she's always going to be s3xually harrased because she's a woman. And acting like we cannot do anything with it...

58 minutes ago, privateclumsy said:

I think we as fans should stop posting paparazzi pictures as we respect Britney and her privacy. No photos no links we should leave her alone. Threads like these should also be removed.

The paparazzi scum news articles NEVER will stop even if we never posted another single photo or link again so I think we as fans should enjoy them. 

24 minutes ago, privateclumsy said:

She'll be followed but we fans out of respect should stop sharing these. We can have an impact. We should criticize it and spread awareness how harmful it is. You all had so much 'fun' freeing Britney but now you do nothing to protect her from disturbing her privacy. We all know paparazzi destroyed her life but now in 2022 we still share their photos like its nothing wrong.

"she's a celebrity!!!" is like saying to a woman she's always going to be s3xually harrased because she's a woman. And acting like we cannot do anything with it...

Not you comparing ***ual harassment to someone having their photo taken :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block