This Day in Pop: 'I am Britney Jean' airs on E in 2013 (Deceber 22)

BcD9b4oCAAAakWm.jpg:large

On December 22, 2013, I am Britney Jean aired on E channel. It was a documentary about the preparations for Britney's then upcoming Las Vegas residency, Britney: Piece of Me, as well as the release of Britney Jean, the listening party, promo appearances and the filming of its two music videos, Work ***** and Perfume, as well as a some sneak peeks into her family life.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Honestly, this documentary is sad to me. It's great seeing the aspects of Britney putting a show together, and the parts of her with her boys are sweet, but knowing what we know it just feels so exploitative and like it wasn't enough they were forcing her to do all this work, they were making her pretend to be happy about it, and even showing how they push her... As a documentary it feels far more structured and manufactured than FTR, and somehow her loneliness feels more present...

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

The cringiest moment of this was when Britney was making the ‘Perfume’ video and there was a kissing scene and her dad was staring at her and wanting to be on set while it was being filmed.

She asked for him to be removed but he refused :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

britneyfume2.gif

What about when the show director asks Britney "I just wanna get inside your head for a little while and figure out the kind of show you want to create" and the camera goes to Larry and Robin looking horrified like this as if Britney was going to say some out of this world thing or something

larrybin.png

she looked fabulous though

iabjney.png

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block