This Day in Pop: Britney makes cameo appearance on the "Longshot" movie in 2001 (October 25)

longshot.png.06d0b10088a74932a6ef28e1398887aa.pngOn October 25, 2001, the comedy film Longshot was released in theaters in Germany. Written by Louis Perlman and directed by Lionel C. Martin, the movie starred Tony DeCamillis, Paul Sorvino, Antonio Sabato Jr., Hunter Tylo and Ellen Albertini Dow, with multiple guest star cameos by NSYNC, Britney Spears, O-Town, C-Note, Take 5, Innosense, among many others.

Thanks to Britney Online for the clip @CJMCH

The movie, which was a commercial failure, did not receive a theater release in the US, instead it was shown on Disney Channel and later released on DVD on March 26, 2002. It was even packaged along with Crossroads in selected FYE stores. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

What is this movie about? I’ve never seen it.  :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:

from Wikipedia:

Alex Taylor lives in Los Angeles with his older brother, Jack, who works as a personal fitness trainer and sometime gigolo. Alex's classmates begin to harass him after he misses the game-winning shot at the end of one of his high school's basketball games. Meanwhile, Laszlo Pryce, a rich and corrupt businessman, discovers Jack's affair with his wife (Mitzi Martin). Laszlo threatens to kill Jack and Alex unless Jack travels to New York City to seduce a widow named Rachel Montgomery. On the verge of selling her company, Laszlo wants Jack to relay any inside information he can discover about the impending transaction. Fearing for his younger brother's life, Jack brings Alex with him on the trip. The con begins to unravel when Rachel and Jack fall for each other while Alex similarly falls for Rachel's daughter, Kelly. Jack reveals to Rachel why he's in New York, and the two conspire to expose Pryce. Rachel, though, needs to raise two million dollars to save her company. In a stroke of luck, Alex wins a contest to shoot a halftime, half-court shot. He makes it, Rachel keeps her company, Laszlo is arrested, and everyone lives happily ever after.

• Super Mods
On 10/25/2021 at 3:32 PM, J45x said:

This is new to me. I didnt knew she played a flight attendant before toxic or that she even had a cameo in this movie. And what is Lance Bass from Nsync doing there? :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking: 

I think this movie was made by Jive to promote their then new artists like NSYNC and Britney

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block