The Court Suspends James P. Spears as conservator of the estate of Britney Jean Spears and appoints John Zabel as temporary successor conservator of the estate

1 hour ago, dfffff said:

Do you know if Jamie has already handed over all the documentation? How much time does he have to hand over everything?

Judge Penny said in court on Wednesday that he had to hand over any and all documents/records "forthwith" (aka, immediately and without delay).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SlayOut said:

On a more serious note, this does not necessarily mean Vivian is gone? Because she’s a lawyer for the estate? Or…? :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Emily D Baker broke this down a bit in her breakdown of the news as it appeared on twitter.

So Vivian was apparently a lawyer for the conservator, Jamie, but by stating that her job was a lawyer for the conservator, her duties technically was to the conservatorship, rather than Jamie, the individual. Technically, Jamie had no real right to private council of his own as conservator, due to the fact that the role of conservator is to act as an extension of the courts, rather than as an individual, which affects attorney client privilege (as conservator, Jamie had none)...

...so by fighting tooth and nail for Jamie, the individual, she kinda shows her hand as not acting in Britney's best interest I.e the best interest of the conservatee I.e not beneficial to the conservatorship. 

So technically, Vivian was a lawyer for the conservatorship. However, I don't necessarily believe she thought that and was Jamie's personal lawyer, which is why they fought tooth and nail against the petition to suspend.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
19 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

I have a question? If they find wrongdoing … and Britney decides to not press charges … is it out of her control at that point?

Once the feds are investigating, it’s out of Britney’s control. But Britney was very clear, she wants the people who did this to her in jail.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Emily D Baker broke this down a bit in her breakdown of the news as it appeared on twitter.

So Vivian was apparently a lawyer for the conservator, Jamie, but by stating that her job was a lawyer for the conservator, her duties technically was to the conservatorship, rather than Jamie, the individual. Technically, Jamie had no real right to private council of his own as conservator, due to the fact that the role of conservator is to act as an extension of the courts, rather than as an individual, which affects attorney client privilege (as conservator, Jamie had none)...

...so by fighting tooth and nail for Jamie, the individual, she kinda shows her hand as not acting in Britney's best interest I.e the best interest of the conservatee I.e not beneficial to the conservatorship. 

So technically, Vivian was a lawyer for the conservatorship. However, I don't necessarily believe she thought that and was Jamie's personal lawyer, which is why they fought tooth and nail against the petition to suspend.

I might be stupid but does this mean that Vivian is no longer involved or that she is still involved?

• Like 1