Avril Lavigne reportedly goes on an unfollow spree on Instagram

Jordan Miller

Love Godvil but she is quite arguably the biggest, if not the biggest musical fad to debut in the 21st century. To think she had the world on lock with her first 2-3 albums/eras but would then eventually fail to evolve as an aging artist and also fail to keep interest. I mean her debut was almost as massive as Britney’s and Gaga’s yet she’s barely at 10 million Instagram followers. Her last album wasn’t even able to enter the Top 10 on the BB200 and literally tanked in every possible way. A true flash in the pan. Nevertheless, there’s no denying her impact and wish she was recognized more for paving the way for so many artists — including many who were included amongst her unfollowing spree. :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

• Love 5
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Love Avril but she is quite arguably the biggest, if not the biggest musical fad to debut in the 21st century. To think she had the world on lock with her first 2-3 albums/eras but would then eventually fail to evolve as an aging artist and also fail to keep interest. I mean her debut was almost as massive as Britney’s and Gaga’s yet she’s barely at 10 million Instagram followers. Her last album wasn’t even able to enter the Top 10 on the BB200 and literally tanked in every possible way. A true flash in the pan. Nevertheless, there’s no denying her impact and wish she was recognized more for paving the way for so many artists — including many who were included amongst her unfollowing spree. :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

I think you're being too harsh on her. The thing with Avril is that she was (and still is, honestly) the best at what she did: poppish punk, or whatever you want to call it. But that's it, she didn't or couldn't explore any further, so once THAT SOUND and vibe (not her) passed, she got lost in the crowd. But Olivia Rodrigo now exists because of Avril, the same way that Britney's way was cleared because of Madonna and Janet. What you do with that is what really marks the difference. Avril is not relevant now because she didn't offer anything different from that sound and look that made her famous, but now that's gone, so there's nothing left. But she should still be respected for what she did. Also, maybe she doesn't want to keep going, and that's fine too. Do you guys plan on doing the same thing/job ALL of your life?

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I think you're being too harsh on her. The thing with Avril is that she was (and still is, honestly) the best at what she did: poppish punk, or whatever you want to call it. But that's it, she didn't or couldn't explore any further, so once THAT SOUND and vibe (not her) passed, she got lost in the crowd. But Olivia Rodrigo now exists because of Avril, the same way that Britney's way was cleared because of Madonna and Janet. What you do with that is what really marks the difference. Avril is not relevant now because she didn't offer anything different from that sound and look that made her famous, but now that's gone, so there's nothing left. But she should still be respected for what she did. Also, maybe she doesn't want to keep going, and that's fine too. Do you guys plan on doing the same thing/job ALL of your life?

but also didn't she fight lyme disease or something like that? I remember not hearing from her for years, until she came back with that performance where she looked very miserable 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Love Avril but she is quite arguably the biggest, if not the biggest musical fad to debut in the 21st century. To think she had the world on lock with her first 2-3 albums/eras but would then eventually fail to evolve as an aging artist and also fail to keep interest. I mean her debut was almost as massive as Britney’s and Gaga’s yet she’s barely at 10 million Instagram followers. Her last album wasn’t even able to enter the Top 10 on the BB200 and literally tanked in every possible way. A true flash in the pan. Nevertheless, there’s no denying her impact and wish she was recognized more for paving the way for so many artists — including many who were included amongst her unfollowing spree. :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

I poop you not... If she continues with music like from.under my skin she would be better remembered.... After she released girlfriend that was it for me... I didn't start following her music until goodbye lullaby... But from the research I've done and from other research I seen...she was always at it with her record label...so I think this was a case of her record label wanting to capitalize on my girl Avril.... But she's more independent now and her music is pretty good 🥰

:emma: Funny story, I follow Avril and used to always comment on her posts (like "Yasss queen! Slay me."). :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:  Well, one day I got a notification that Avril requested to follow me on instagram. :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:  But, then when I logged into Instagram, the notification/request was gone.  :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:  So, moral of the story is Avril knows who I am...even if she only accidentally requested to follow me.  :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

• Love 2
  • Haha 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block