Jesy Nelson talks debut single 'BOYZ,’ reveals cover art

Slayer
Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful and do not incite hate.

FAoQ9tzXoB0Be85?format=jpg&name=medium

Jesy Nelson has opened up about her upcoming debut single, titled BOYZ.

The track, which is expected to be released in the next few eeks weeks - is Jesy's first solo offering after parting ways with Little Mix last December.

Speaking to Noctis XXI magazine in their Uprising issue, Jesy said: “I wanted to come back with a song where people are like 'OKAY!'. You're either going to love it or you're going to hate it and I would rather that than people be like, ‘meh, okay...'".

"I just think it’s in your face," she continued. "I wrote it when I was going through a break-up and it's me all over. I just love a bad boy. I say it to people all the time… it’s not healthy!"

Jesy's first post-Little Mix single is described in a press release as a "ballsy, audacious head-knocker infused with early 2000s R&B". The song reportedly samples Diddy's 2001 smash Bad Boy 4 Life.

Discussing her decision to embark on a solo career, Jesy explained: “As an artist, I want to stay authentic to myself. I don't ever want to be given a song just because it's a hit. I want my songs to genuinely come from me as fans can tell when a song has and when it hasn't. That's what a true artist is, when you really are authentic to yourself and tell your own stories. 

“To be able to tell my truth and stories that people have never heard before is really nice and quite refreshing. It's like therapy for me”. 

Source: The OCC / Noctis

The magazine is out in October.

She is serving hot demon - this is the magazines usual vibe.

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, bitbitboi said:

ugh I really hope there's some "depth" to it, because after all that long *ss explanation about meaningful songs to her and an artist's authenticity and blabla, if she's like "mhhh yaaaaasss, BOYZ! We hate BOYZ! yaaahhh NICKI, hit it! Boyz who?, Boyz what? Jesy yes, Nicki yass!!" :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

This is clearly going to be a fun bop, i'm sure other songs on the album will be meaningful.

I kinda like your lyric suggestions -i'm here for a nonsense bop :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

Wait, so was Nicki removed from the track? :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: Also I feel like we've been hearing about this song since before the pandemic....im so teen wolf GIF I'm wondering which one we'll get first.  Jesy's single or Normani's album

She is still on it as far as I am aware. Well the title name got leaked way before it was supposed to.

Hopefully Jesy's as no-one wants Normani's.

Jesy's been in the studio LOADS the past few weeks in LA, she's been with some of Drake's and Chris Brown's producers.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Slayer said:

She is still on it as far as I am aware. Well the title name got leaked way before it was supposed to.

Jesy's been in the studio LOADS the past few weeks in LA, she's been with some of Drake's and Chris Brown's producers.

Slayer, I love you boo, but let's not shade Normani :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: I've been playful with Jesy...

4 hours ago, Slayer said:

The disrespect to Normani… like who even is this JESY? 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block