Anitta saying the n-word during Instagram live

Jordan Miller

7 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Isn't she Brazilian though? She most likely has some African ancestry in her lineage, so I'm pretty sure that would be enough for an n-word pass? :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

Lol what. I’m Brazilian, but I guess I can call my black friends the N word cause I might have African Ancestry in my lineage? Lol that makes no sense. The things you guys will say to defend your faves are baffling. 

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

Lol what. I’m Brazilian, but I guess I can call my black friends the N word cause I might have African Ancestry in my lineage? Lol that makes no sense. The things you guys will say to defend your faves are baffling. 

1) She's not my fave. I barely know her from a few posts that I've read around here and ATRL. 2) Someone posted this same topic on ATRL this morning and folks posted pictures of her dad, who's clearly of African descent, so by the concept of genetics Anitta herself is technically of African descent. 3) Why is someone who is technically Black not allowed to use the word that was originally abridged by Black folks? 4) She was simply singing along to a song that said the n-word, so she clearly had no malicious intent to begin with.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block