LISA: LALISA (TV Debut) | The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Luminous

OK that outfit?! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

But how does she expect me to sing along to this, now or in the future? It's all about herself. It's jut a hype song.

Britney sings "It's Britney, b/tch!", but then goes on to deliver iconic lines about love / s e x on the dance floor.

What I'm trying to say is... She did not make this for me, a pop music lover. It's just for her brand and biggest stans.

PS: Oh and it bugs me so much how MEDIOCRE K-pop stars at speaking/singing in English... English is not my first language, but you can hire a pronunciation teacher and absolutely ace it in a few training lessons. These K-pop stars at amazing at everything they do, from looks to choreography, but they just cannot enunciate in English. Please explain.

• Love 1

I'm so tired of these "live performances". These are literally music videos. I know we're in the pandemic and can't all travel to do in person shows but at least literally perform the song in live time where ever you are, in the traditional sense. Maybe 2 or 3 takes and pick the one that looked the best. I'm not putting the blame on Lisa but I'm saying so many late night show performances have been a big exaggeration of a live performance. 

Anyways the video was good, loved her outfit and her using the "traditional" pop star head set mic! I hope she can break the American market as a soloist. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Lou said:

i dont get the love and OBSSESION of some people for chinesse music :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

Obviously you said this to get a reaction, because I truly believe No1 is this ignorant. Anyway wouldn't expect anything less from someone who names themselves Lou. Poor attempt of trying to be funny or seeking attention. Thank you, next. :begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Glittilicious said:

I'm not a fan of K-Pop. I just discovered the Blackpink song "How You Like That" so I read a little about them and I think this Lisa girl is very charismatic.

I also don't think her English is bad. She's even rapping in English and she pronounces English words correctly. That's all she needs to do. 

There are tons of native speakers singing with poor enunciation... I find for example Sia mumbles words like she has a mouth full of marbles and it's a known thing with Ariana as well. 

I can forgive a non native speaker more easily for that. 

It sounds bad because she's rapping most of the English stuff and when you talk fast it's normal to not pronounce everything super clearly. It happens a lot with rappers who are American etc. too. You can't understand half the lyrics because they're delivered so fast. 

No no, I don't mean any rap parts in English (which I don't see them here, honestly), I mean isolated words like "love me"... I can't even here the V in love!! It gets on my nerves. She sings only a few words in English, so she should make them count. And there's no need (or justification) to enunciate like Ariana. Maybe it's just me because I'm an English teacher and I love the language, but the context is: K-pop stars are pretty much FLAWLESS in every aspect, so they should improve their pronunciation. I guess it has to do with their mother tongue, there must be difficult sounds in English to pronounce, but they are all very hard-working and talented young men and women, so they should be able to pull it off, no doubt. Or just sing everything in Korean, which would be amazing as well!

6 hours ago, shutup said:

Gimme More is all about herself, whatt

So when Britney sings "Every time they turn the lights down / Just wanna go that extra mile for you" she's talking about YOU? :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell: If she sings "I see you / And I just wanna dance with you", I make those words my own. But when Lisa sings "LALISA LOVE ME LALISA LOVE ME" I'm like............... Mmmokay. Damn I thought my point was easy to understand...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block