Kacey Musgraves releases “star-crossed”, wigs go missing

SlayOut

• Super Mods

Kacey Musgraves released her highly anticipated project star-crossed on September 10!

She also premiered the music video for simple times. Watch below:

She has already released the music video for justified. Watch below:

Y’all. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I am not ready. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I love the title track and have already ordered my autographed box set. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Discuss sisters. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
5 minutes ago, Rik said:

Born in a hurry always late haven’t been early since 88 Texas is hot I can be cold grandma cried when I pierced mah nose 🤠

iconic album opening :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I feel like star-crossed is the opposite side of a Slow Burn. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Like… I can’t even explain. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Just listen to both songs. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, femmepop said:

She's gone babe.

I'm beyond excited for this! She's always had cool visuals but I love that she's fulling leaning into a concept in like in a pop girl kind of way.

if there's a tour I'm going!

:clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

I’m glad your wig is in a better place! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

She definitely does deliver and I cannot wait! And agreed—if she tours this album I will attempt to be there!!! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I really wanna get into Kacey because I loved her feature on Troye Sivan's Easy, and there's these podcast girlies I listen to that absolutely stan the s--t out of her. I guess Star-Crossed shall be my starting point, though that album cover is so boring compared to her other ones. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Ok, make her entire Golden Hour your starting point. This is considered her most ambitious and creative work yet. Not only is she a genius lyricist, but she blends different influences yet still makes a very country album. Listen from beginning to end, no skipping. Then watch all the music videos from that era:

And then these performances from this era, as a start! Feel free to YouTube more if you’d like:

Then I’d recommend listening to a few works from Same Trailer, Different Park (her debut) and then Pageant Material (second album). These two albums are definitely what some would consider traditionally country, as the instrumentation suggests and as some of the references/humor of the songs suggest. But both are stellar albums, too!

Spoiler

From Same Trailer, Different Park:

• Silver Lining
  • Merry Go ‘Round
  • Step Off
  • Follow Your Arrow
  • It Is What Is It

From Pageant Material:

• Dime Store Cowgirl
  • Late to the Party
  • Pageant Material
  • Biscuits
  • Somebody to Love
  • Fine

And then I’d listen to her new track from star-crossed. The new album is a foil to Golden Hour. Golden Hour was about reveling in the love she experienced and built with the man she married, and represents the joy and newness of love. star-crossed is set to be the melancholic, moody follow up to what the other side of that love is, especially after they’ve now separated.

Happy listening and report back about your journey! :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block