Olivia Rodrigo is in a controversial situation past tweets and videos have her speaking in Blaccent and AAVE

Olivia Rodrigo is in a controversial situation, she has been caught in past tweets and Tik tok, using Blaccent and AAVE (African American Vernacular English) which is already a huge double standard, if black people use this, they are criticized, mocked and even on school papers get bad grade Mark's for improper grammar, but when a Non POC uses it, they are praised, and acclaimed and get good remarks for proper grammar in their finals or research papers. 

The problem isnt just Olivia, it's actually bigger, social media and Tik tok basically appropriated this culture, and while POC are criticized, people like Olivia and Tik tok stars in general are praised.  

So, this leads to the comments saying, that they want to cancel Olivia Rodrigo, and act like a white savior, but the way they act to our activism and social causes says hypocrisy and double standards.  

They don't want the white savior if you're only interested in canceling a celebrity,  they want you at the protests and  showing actual support.  

Canceling celebs, isnt being praised anymore cos it has no effect anymore, unless you attack the LGBTQ community, which they say Dababy is actual proof that gay people have more support than Black lives matter. 

First Billie, now her? Twitter is freaking disgusting and the lowest of pits.

Billie is so nervous and sad in this interview and even admits to it. The hate train she received was horrible. Now they wanna do the same thing to Olivia? She has just started and is 18 years old. What satisfaction do they receive by bringing down people? This is so sad.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
On 7/31/2021 at 4:20 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

Olivia Rodrigo is in a controversial situation, she has been caught in past tweets and Tik tok, using Blaccent and AAVE (African American Vernacular English) which is already a huge double standard, if black people use this, they are criticized, mocked and even on school papers get bad grade Mark's for improper grammar, but when a Non POC uses it, they are praised, and acclaimed and get good remarks for proper grammar in their finals or research papers. 

The problem isnt just Olivia, it's actually bigger, social media and Tik tok basically appropriated this culture, and while POC are criticized, people like Olivia and Tik tok stars in general are praised.  

So, this leads to the comments saying, that they want to cancel Olivia Rodrigo, and act like a white savior, but the way they act to our activism and social causes says hypocrisy and double standards.  

They don't want the white savior if you're only interested in canceling a celebrity,  they want you at the protests and  showing actual support.  

Canceling celebs, isnt being praised anymore cos it has no effect anymore, unless you attack the LGBTQ community, which they say Dababy is actual proof that gay people have more support than Black lives matter. 

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF by MOODMAN

10 hours ago, Prachi said:

Man, she's young I kid you not after what we have seen with Britney people still do not understand things about an individual's mental health I am no fan of hers, but it's really a high time. 

They really don't care she's a celebrity, even Britney said this in her statement that they wouldn't take her seriously cos she's Britney spears and she has all this money, they don't care unless it affects them personally..

They still see celebs as not human beings but celebrities, so they have no right to be treated as human beings cos they are famous, many have said, they would trade it all back to be treated equal to normal people had they would have known that being human and anonymity was gone the day they became an overnight sensation..

10 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

First Billie, now her? Twitter is freaking disgusting and the lowest of pits.

Billie is so nervous and sad in this interview and even admits to it. The hate train she received was horrible. Now they wanna do the same thing to Olivia? She has just started and is 18 years old. What satisfaction do they receive by bringing down people? This is so sad.

The hate train began after the Grammy win over Ariana grande, I noticed that everybody loved her, but when Ariana grande lost to her debut album, the hate train started, to a lot of people Thank U, next helped a lot of people, more than the murderous and dark When we all fall asleep, where do we go. People these days really hate dark imagery.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Style. said:

Why every white bich that step into the scene gotta be racist?  :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:
Imma say this one more time for the 19383277363626th time. If you don’t hold Cardi accountable for her racist past, then don’t come here and throw dirt to Billie and Olivia! PERIOD :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: I’ll come after all of them r u happy 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, Isla said:

Can’t say I’d ever heard of a Blaccent or AAVE before? That’s new to me.

AAVE stands for African American Vernacular English. It is also known as a ‘blaccent’. It consists of its own phonetics and phrasing that is specific to Black Americans and Canadians. it started on plantations when Black slaves were separated from their families and had to pick up on English without education at their disposal. This created AAVE. 

It has its own specific grammar too. It is its own dialect, and has been recognized as an official language by some. In many cases Black people have historically been kicked out of school for using it. Politicians have been horrible in saying it makes no sense. Here’s how it has impacted some people despite some California based schools recognizing AAVE

This explains the history of where it came from. 

Stan Twitter and honestly so many generations to come have started adopting it.  It’s frustrating to an extent for some Black people because they have been discriminated against for the same thing, going as far as being placed in special education programs or being kicked out of school for speaking AAVE. Words like “Chile” (which none of us really should be using if we aren’t black) are AAVE. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The hate train began after the Grammy win over Ariana grande, I noticed that everybody loved her, but when Ariana grande lost to her debut album, the hate train started, to a lot of people Thank U, next helped a lot of people, more than the murderous and dark When we all fall asleep, where do we go. People these days really hate dark imagery.  

I agree. It felt like everyone loved Billie and was cool with her but then the moment she won AOTY over TU,N, the hate started. TU,N was my favorite album of 2019 until I listened to WWAFA,WDWG? and the latter is certainly a much more innovative, acclaimed and better album than TU,N. I do feel that pop vocal album should have gone to Ariana though but what is said has been done. That happened 2 years ago and the hate is still rampant.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block