Olivia Rodrigo is in a controversial situation past tweets and videos have her speaking in Blaccent and AAVE

7 hours ago, Rik said:

AAVE stands for African American Vernacular English. It is also known as a ‘blaccent’. It consists of its own phonetics and phrasing that is specific to Black Americans and Canadians. it started on plantations when Black slaves were separated from their families and had to pick up on English without education at their disposal. This created AAVE. 

It has its own specific grammar too. It is its own dialect, and has been recognized as an official language by some. In many cases Black people have historically been kicked out of school for using it. Politicians have been horrible in saying it makes no sense. Here’s how it has impacted some people despite some California based schools recognizing AAVE

This explains the history of where it came from. 

Stan Twitter and honestly so many generations to come have started adopting it.  It’s frustrating to an extent for some Black people because they have been discriminated against for the same thing, going as far as being placed in special education programs or being kicked out of school for speaking AAVE. Words like “Chile” (which none of us really should be using if we aren’t black) are AAVE. 

That’s actually really interesting, I never knew about this. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

Listen (Read). I don’t know this girl, I don’t care about her career or what she did, I never saw her acting or singing and I don’t find her appealing in any sense. But, Jesus Christ, can somebody buy a happy meal for her? This girl doesn’t touch any food even with her wi-fi signal. She looks anorexic!!!

She's a size 0, which is what Hollywood wants, plus at 18 I was this skinny, at that age I could eat anything, and not gain weight cos of a high metabolism that is common with teens at that age. 

Of any gender, it wasn't until the mid 20s, that my metabolism did change..

On 8/2/2021 at 5:05 PM, NobodyKnowsPete said:

Listen (Read). I don’t know this girl, I don’t care about her career or what she did, I never saw her acting or singing and I don’t find her appealing in any sense. But, Jesus Christ, can somebody buy a happy meal for her? This girl doesn’t touch any food even with her wi-fi signal. She looks anorexic!!!

Yikes at this comment.

11 minutes ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

She looks so thin and I doubt it is her natural shape. Sorry If I use a black sense of humor or I am too direct.

Um sweetie ur not direct ur just trying to be edgy and disrespectful. Stop being annoying. That’s being direct.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

She looks so thin and I doubt it is her natural shape. Sorry If I use a black sense of humor or I am too direct.

Maybe you were trying to be humorous but I don't see what is funny about speculating on someone's weight. 

• Like 1
On 8/2/2021 at 12:47 AM, Blackout2006 said:

I agree. It felt like everyone loved Billie and was cool with her but then the moment she won AOTY over TU,N, the hate started. TU,N was my favorite album of 2019 until I listened to WWAFA,WDWG? and the latter is certainly a much more innovative, acclaimed and better album than TU,N. I do feel that pop vocal album should have gone to Ariana though but what is said has been done. That happened 2 years ago and the hate is still rampant.

Unrelated but I remember being in 6th grade and gossiping with my besties over whether Billie or Ariana deserved the wins and our teacher heard us and brought it up during a parent-teacher conference. I think I was on Billie's side but I can't remember, although I do remember everyone in our class was very cold towards Billie after that win but before they all loved her. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Oh pre-corona days. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Haha 2
34 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Unrelated but I remember being in 6th grade and gossiping with my besties over whether Billie or Ariana deserved the wins and our teacher heard us and brought it up during a parent-teacher conference. I think I was on Billie's side but I can't remember, although I do remember everyone in our class was very cold towards Billie after that win but before they all loved her. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Oh pre-corona days. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Omg I remember having such a discussion too. Why did your teacher bring it up in the PTM tho? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: Ah, I knew the hate really originated from that win. How vile humans are to start hating on people when they become successful beyond their limits :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: We still loved ha tho :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Ugh I do miss them :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block